Who knew that a phone would become such an obsession for people! Seriously, we're like a secret society.

I never understood this until I got my first berry. Now, when I see someone with anything but a berry, I almost feel bad for them. Is that a bad thing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    LOL its nice to know that im not the only one that feels this way... i always thought i was at another level of addiction BC i always feel bad for people when i see them with another phone thats not a blackberry...
    06-15-08 07:27 PM
    Yes, I am one of those weird-*** bb-watching freakazoids.

06-15-08 07:42 PM
    before i got my bb, i would look at everybody who had one and i'd be like, "ohhh i wish i had my blackberry already". now it's kind of like when i see a person who has it, i'd be like, "coool they have a bb too"
    06-19-08 07:34 PM
    whenever i see someone on their cell, i do find myself staring to see if it's a BB, lol.

i mean, it's great when i get a smile from the person but pretty awkward when they just stare back.
    +1 I do that, too...
    06-20-08 06:47 PM
    I do the "BlackBerry Wave." Sometimes when I see someone with a BB, I pull out my Curve, hold it up and wave it at them a bit.
    Do you do the "Miss America" wave, with exaggerated moves, or do you do the "Queen of England" wave where your hand just barely moves?

I don't pay attention to what other people have. I only care about what I have.
    06-20-08 10:45 PM
    I was recently at an airport and saw hundreds of berries! When I sat down in my middle seat on the plane I was pleasantly suprised to see I was seated between two other BB users. As soon as the flight ended all three of us whipped out our phones and started playing I see them everywhere now!

06-20-08 10:55 PM
    Yeah, it's more like profiling. I'm an elitist. You either become interesting with or less interesting without a blackberry.

06-20-08 11:25 PM
    I find myself watching ppl BB on the train. I even go as far as trying to see what applications they have on their homescreen or I try 2 read what they are typing on it. :-)

06-24-08 01:38 PM
    When I'm in the airport I always look to see what model/carrier their BlackBerry is.
    06-24-08 01:58 PM
    I'm always looking at people too - in person and online when I'm catching up on all my gossip!
    06-24-08 02:17 PM
    Nope. Could not care less what other people are using.
    06-24-08 02:40 PM
    actually, yes...I do notice if another person does have a BB...
    06-24-08 08:47 PM
    Yup. And it's not just me, but all 3 of my kids will scope them out, too. Looks like I have 3 future BlackBerry addicts on my hands.
    06-24-08 09:09 PM
    Yup. And it's not just me, but all 3 of my kids will scope them out, too. Looks like I have 3 future BlackBerry addicts on my hands.
    so do I...my 10 yr old wants a BB soooo bad..LMAO..of course I tell him NO
    06-24-08 09:20 PM
    so do I...my 10 yr old wants a BB soooo bad..LMAO..of course I tell him NO
    Heh....my 12 year old daughter would probably sell her soul right now for a pink Pearl. She's making do with my old pink Motorola Razor instead.
    06-24-08 09:31 PM
    Yes, I find myself looking at everyone's phone to see what kind of phone they have and if its a BB, what kind. I've talked with complete strangers just to play with their BB if its not a curve like mine. I luv it.
    06-24-08 09:49 PM
    yes i drive all day and i am always looking out into the cars watching ppl texting everyone does ti while driving well maybe not iphone ppl with that stupid touch screen
    06-27-08 02:51 PM
    I'm a bb spotter and the other day in the store--I almost joined a BB Circle. There were these upper teens with their dad and they were all rock'n the Curve. It was funny--all of 'em in the aisle just crack'n away and talking excitedly about whatever they were looking at.

I really, really need a CB sticker for my car or something... LOL!!!
    06-27-08 03:06 PM
    Yeah I stare at people to see what phone they have! lol

The other dayI was in the subway, in the midle of the afternoon, covered in mud because that day I had been cleaning mangroves with my class, as an ecological field trip. Anyway covered in mud there I was looking like a beggar. people all clean and stuff were looking at me and starring... When I felt like I couldn't resist, i took my blackberry out of my pocket and started calling people and texting. People imediately stopped staring lol.. well they did stare a bit in shock but then stopped! lol
    I loved the feeling I felt... the sensation of POWER..
    07-03-08 11:02 AM
    I've never really noticed people with blackberries until recently since I just got my first. Today I went out and must have seen at least 5 people with blackberries.

07-03-08 11:48 PM
    The other week i was at a customers offices and heard my phone go off. Out came the curve and it wasnt me

I heard it go off again and again, thought my phone was playing up. i followed the tones to an office where the manager was sitting txting on his BB. I asked him if it was his BB that i could hear. He told me yes and i asked which model he had.

A pearl he replied and looked at me as if he was the man.

So i whipped out the curve and said i used to have a pearl

Being an office furniture fitter im not your typical BB user in the UK
    07-05-08 04:23 PM
    ya, i love seeing what other people are rockin
    07-05-08 04:37 PM
    LOL. I was at the post office the other day. It was a long line and I was bored so I pulled out my pearl and started reading threads on CB. Not to be outdone, the guy in front of me pulled out his pearl. I couldn't help myself... I asked if he'd heard of CB. He said no and I told him he needed to check it out. Nice to know I'm not alone! Thought I might be a BB stalker.

07-05-08 05:00 PM
    ugh! i do this alot. all the managers at work have Palm Centros, and try to make me feel bad about my curve "Oh your touch screen doesn't work doug, you should take it back"

now that i'm running 4.5 i go up to them and go "oh hey your YOUTUBE isn't working, you should take it back if you can't get streaming videoo"
    07-06-08 05:38 PM
    Everytime I see someone with a BB I stop to chat. My hubby will tell them...no...she doesn't work for BB or CB or twitter...but she should! (I ask a lot of questions!).

07-06-08 06:07 PM
439 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD