This morning at the market. Standing in line and I get an email.
    Pull out my phone and this conversation ensues:

Girl behind me: Hey is that a 8900
    Me: Yes (go back to reading my mail)
    Girl behind me: How do you like it. I love mine (shows me her phone)
    Me: Excuse me, but do I know you?
    Girl behind me: Its' just that we have.... (cut her off in mid-sentence)
    Me: Again, do I know you?
    GBM: Well, no.
    Me: Then you need to leave me alone. I do not care that we have the
    same phone.

Don't know why but she went to another line.

I am not a spotter and the ones I encounter annoy me to no end.
    Well this was rude. Perhaps some of the time you used to rack up 12,000 posts could be used to polish up some social skills. A quick smile and 'Yep it's a good phone' would have worked and you'd have been able to get back to your email in around 5 seconds... people these days...
    02-21-10 11:13 PM
    I am DEFINITELY a spotter. I love to pull out my BlackBerry next to others' just because not a lot of people have the storm 2 - its a neck breaker haha. Seriously though I love BBs lol

I do notice that a lot more ppl have blackberrys than I thought. They're the best <3

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-10 12:01 AM
    hahaha i actually do this too it annoys my wife, i do it for the blackberry and iphone of course
    02-22-10 12:08 AM
    Well this was rude. Perhaps some of the time you used to rack up 12,000 posts could be used to polish up some social skills. A quick smile and 'Yep it's a good phone' would have worked and you'd have been able to get back to your email in around 5 seconds... people these days...
    lol. Because a person doesnt want to be bothered by such a ridiculous question means they lack social skills? Her question right off the bat was absurd because she already knew what kind of phone it was. I'm sure his first response was intended to end further discussion which should have been obvious. If people don't make eye contact with me or smile, then i don't even initiate conversation. Some folks just don't want to be disturbed, and some have common sense to understand that.

If a person has a case i like i'll usually ask if they seem like it wouldn't catch them too off guard.
    02-22-10 01:27 AM
    I'm not saying it wasn't obvious by his first response that he didn't want to initiate. Maybe it's different in Texas but where I'm from strangers actually sometimes bring up conversation with other people in supermarkets, the bank, etc, and it's just polite to continue for at least 30 seconds. I'm not saying you talk like it's your best friend but it's just being polite.

Am I the only one who tries to be polite and enjoys small talk with strangers? Or does anyone else see that it is a little impolite just to shrug someone off? People normally are not looking for an excuse to get into a long conversation anyways, it really doesn't last longer than a minute.
    02-22-10 01:41 AM
    I'm not saying it wasn't obvious by his first response that he didn't want to initiate. Maybe it's different in Texas but where I'm from strangers actually sometimes bring up conversation with other people in supermarkets, the bank, etc, and it's just polite to continue for at least 30 seconds. I'm not saying you talk like it's your best friend but it's just being polite.

Am I the only one who tries to be polite and enjoys small talk with strangers? Or does anyone else see that it is a little impolite just to shrug someone off? People normally are not looking for an excuse to get into a long conversation anyways, it really doesn't last longer than a minute.

Lol, this isn't worth going off topic here.
    02-22-10 01:53 AM
    Bottom line... It WAS just rude! There's no other wat to put it.. Just rude... The fact that the person went to another line and you smiled about it like "yes, she's gone I can continue my convo" just shows your just not a nice person.. Who knows.. MAYBE she caught u on a bad day!...BUT if ur okay with herself being such a rude ... Person ... Then more power to her... Its a shame yes.. But to each his (or her) own..

Anyway.... Must we really continue to go off topic??? Lol

02-22-10 07:50 AM

Anyway.... Must we really continue to go off topic??? Lol

Yes must we?

Lol.
    02-23-10 01:47 AM
    If I see someone using a BlackBerry I like to look and see which one they have.
    02-23-10 02:26 PM

Rude? Give me a friggin break. Being interrupted wasn't? I guess
    not since it was BlackBerry related.

My social skills are perfectly fine and I really don't need your help
    figuring out how to deal with anything or anyone so spare me
    the sermon.

Again, I dislike being annoyed by random
    people over stupidity like "WOW! We have the same phone"
    02-23-10 07:24 PM
    My social skills are perfectly fine and I really don't need your help
    figuring out how to deal with anything or anyone so spare me
    the sermon.

Again, I dislike being annoyed by random
    people over stupidity like "WOW! We have the same phone"
    Mods can we close this thread....oh wait it involves a mod

I would be a little bit nicer, but that is just me. In all seriousness I thought it was a joke the convo you posted.
    02-23-10 07:30 PM
    I would be a little bit nicer, but that is just me. In all seriousness I thought it was a joke the convo you posted.
    No. That was verbatim
    02-23-10 10:07 PM
    Mods can we close this thread....oh wait it involves a mod

bahahah...

Involves a mod being "attacked." Noiiccee.
    02-23-10 10:40 PM
    To all of the "spotters" that have taken the time to chastise for being rude,
    a few final points:

1) If you knew me you'd know I am one of the nicest and most giving people you
    could ever hope to encounter. Heck, there are people on this site that can
    attest to that. And I don't mean posts but actual and tangible acts of kindness.

2) I have an extremely low tolerance for banality and BS.

3) Yes that conversation is verbatim and I am not apologizing for it nor do I feel
    it was rude. It was a response to rudeness.

4) Nothing hurled at me by invisible people on an internet forum will change the
    way I conduct my life, so, save your breath and keystrokes.

The thread asked if you are a spotter. I am not and I provided my response to
    one of these ridiculously insipid people. Get over it.
    02-24-10 12:40 AM
    To all of the "spotters" that have taken the time to chastise for being rude,
    a few final points:

1) If you knew me you'd know I am one of the nicest and most giving people you
    could ever hope to encounter. Heck, there are people on this site that can
    attest to that. And I don't mean posts but actual and tangible acts of kindness.

2) I have an extremely low tolerance for banality and BS.

3) Yes that conversation is verbatim and I am not apologizing for it nor do I feel
    it was rude. It was a response to rudeness.

4) Nothing hurled at me by invisible people on an internet forum will change the
    way I conduct my life, so, save your breath and keystrokes.

The thread asked if you are a spotter. I am not and I provided my response to
    one of these ridiculously insipid people. Get over it.

Hey...is that an 89... *tackle*
    02-24-10 12:52 AM
    Hey...is that an 89... *tackle*
    I have no idea what "an 89" is but if you are doing the tackling I am all for it
    02-24-10 02:16 AM
    Note to self: Never try to get AG's digits by complimenting his berries...got it!

02-24-10 03:04 PM
    Note to self: Never try to get AG's digits by complimenting his berries...got it!

You can compliment my berries all you want Just don't talk to me about my phone.

I kill me
    02-24-10 07:35 PM
    I've posted b4; buhh jstt qotta say. I was in an interview earlier today nd thee quy had a BB; couldn't help buhh noticed nd it was a must ta sayy somethin; uqh jstt qoes ta show how much of an addict I em

02-26-10 07:34 PM
    I've posted b4; buhh jstt qotta say. I was in an interview earlier today nd thee quy had a BB; couldn't help buhh noticed nd it was a must ta sayy somethin; uqh jstt qoes ta show how much of an addict I em
    Lord, I hope you didn't speak the way you type
    02-26-10 11:05 PM
    I spot all the time. People are always shocked when I comment on the model/name of their device. "Oh, nice curve!" or "Do your like your 9700?" surprises people for some reason.
    02-27-10 11:07 PM
    Yup I constantly ask people what which BB do they have and wonder if they use the BBM.
    02-27-10 11:23 PM
    I love spotting any phone In tv or anywhere...
    I spotted Vanessa Williams with a white 85xx I think...not too sure.
    02-28-10 08:05 AM
    Yes I am. When I was at the theatre I looked around and saw a man using a BB. I continued to look for other BB's until the show started

07-04-10 09:55 PM
    i ALWAYS spot out different BB's when i am out and about. Especially since i am always at bars/clubs... it's a pretty good way to pick up on girls. I can usually start off the convo with some kind of blackberry remark... and go from there. Usually ends up in a bbm exchange... SCORE! LOL.
    07-08-10 03:05 PM
439 ... 1415161718
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD