Well I used to be quite a strong believer of Jesus Christ till 2 years back and now science has gotten into my head and lost faith in God!
    What about you guys?

Sorry I don't mean to hurt anyone with my post in any manner!

Posted via My Black BlackBerry Zed-10
    jaydenmoorie and clickitykeys like this.
    12-08-13 08:40 AM
    Well I used to be quite a strong believer of Jesus Christ till 2 years back and now science has gotten into my head and lost faith in God!
    What about you guys?

That's exactly what the devil is hoping for.

But you don't really need a post here for confirmation. What you need is some time in God's word & talking to Him. Trust Him to open your eyes & give you understanding. He will.

Read Deut 4:29-31

And please feel free to send me a PM if you would like to discuss more. Or PM me your pin & I'll send you a BBM invite.

Just don't give up & don't let anyone distract you from finding truth.

God bless.

Posted via CB10 - the app that may or may not exist
    GSM-S likes this.
    12-08-13 11:25 AM
    That's exactly what the devil is hoping for.

But you don't really need a post here for confirmation. What you need is some time in God's word & talking to Him. Trust Him to open your eyes & give you understanding. He will.

Read Deut 4:29-31

And please feel free to send me a PM if you would like to discuss more. Or PM me your pin & I'll send you a BBM invite.

Just don't give up & don't let anyone distract you from finding truth.

God bless.

I posted cuz I wanna know how people are and am I going in the right path or should learn something!

12-09-13 05:25 AM
    Life's a journey. Not a destination! Buy a ticket and enjoy the ride and never stop learning!

DON'T FOLLOW WHERE THE PATH MAY LEAD. INSTEAD... MAKE YOUR OWN PATH AND LEAVE A TRAIL!
    ( WHICH MEANS... think for yourself and let your heart be your guide)

WHOA! It's best Not to bring Politics or Religion around here unless you emphatically stress that you're NOT telling people .. but just sharing what works for you.

When I tell people I'm from Pleiades ( which is about 342 light years from where you're standing) they always snicker, yet of all the heavenly bodies in this infinite universe ONLY The Pleiades is talked about "BY NAME" in the bible over and over again. (Genesis, Job, Isaac....)

Yet, I've never come across anyone who professes to know their bible that's ever heard of The Pleiades.
    In November 2009 the Vatican publicly announced that they could no longer turn a blind eye to everything around us that proves that we have been visited in the past and that we are most possibly descendants of the Pleiadians!
    And, BTW, the Vatican owns and operates one of the largest telescopes on the planet, located in New Mexico.What are they looking for?

My point: Don't tell others "WHAT THEY NEED," simply because YOU need it.
    I read the bible. ALL 20 or so versions. Personally, I liked the pop up version myself. YOU NEED TO READ THAT VERSION!!
    Didn't like the way I said that.. did you!
    Are you getting my point?

You blindly quote verse. I could quote Oprah. Doesn't make it so!

Tell ya what! I won't try to convince you that I'm from another planet.( which can be seen with the naked eye at night)
    Don't try to convince me about some invisible guy in the sky!
    and,BTW.. When JC jumped fence..... he was STILL Jewish!
    Also, something else to consider is that the bible has been written and re written over and over by Historians. It's a bit hard to take writers who's middle name is 'story' too seriously.

Avoid these kind of rants in the future by simply suggesting instead of telling! That way, people can decide for themselves what best works for them.

... end of rant.
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 12-09-13 at 06:27 AM.
    12-09-13 06:12 AM
    Personally,

I have no doubt in my mind it's a sham. Especially Christianity - its one of those things that the more you pick at it the uglier it gets.

I used to strongly argue against it for months with people. The closest religion I got into that seemed realistic to the world was Buddhism. But even it has its failures.

But at some point, I decided what does it matter? If someone needs a god to make them feel better, or a list of rules to determine the right way to live their life - as long as they are truly decent human beings, it's not worth arguing over.

Me? No, there is no god. And the world isn't flat. Nothing magical happens when we die, and we don't join some magic cloud of souls. When we die, we cease to be. And I'm comforted by that. Because I know every positive thing I do to make the world better - is because I *want* to. And I expect nothing in return for it, ever

Posted via CB from my LE
    12-09-13 06:42 AM
    Personally,

I have no doubt in my mind it's a sham. Especially Christianity - its one of those things that the more you pick at it the uglier it gets.

I used to strongly argue against it for months with people. The closest religion I got into that seemed realistic to the world was Buddhism. But even it has its failures.

But at some point, I decided what does it matter? If someone needs a god to make them feel better, or a list of rules to determine the right way to live their life - as long as they are truly decent human beings, it's not worth arguing over.

Me? No, there is no god. And the world isn't flat. Nothing magical happens when we die, and we don't join some magic cloud of souls. When we die, we cease to be. And I'm comforted by that. Because I know every positive thing I do to make the world better - is because I *want* to. And I expect nothing in return for it, ever

Posted via CB from my LE
    That's exactly how I feel! From my point of view, I think God was created by humans when they felt lonely and wanted someone to depend on. They feel when they pray to him, you don't need anyone else, and you'll get what ever u ask for! but praying just satisfies them. And if they don't get what they ask for, they'll interpret it as God didn't want them to have it, or if they get it, he'll say God gave it to u!
    The thing is my parents are all very religious and when I don't go to church n stuffs am seen as a bad guy and saitan's son and all! And people dont like me for being an atheist! And I have to grow up between these people and idk how this is going to end up in future.

12-09-13 07:10 AM
    *grabs popcorn*

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 07:17 AM
    That's exactly how I feel! From my point of view, I think God was created by humans when they felt lonely and wanted someone to depend on. They feel when they pray to him, you don't need anyone else, and you'll get what ever u ask for! but praying just satisfies them. And if they don't get what they ask for, they'll interpret it as God didn't want them to have it, or if they get it, he'll say God gave it to u!
    The thing is my parents are all very religious and when I don't go to church n stuffs am seen as a bad guy and saitan's son and all! And people dont like me for being an atheist! And I have to grow up between these people and idk how this is going to end up in future.

No worries . People from either side, love to judge those on the other side.

For now, my opinion of course. Go along with it to keep them happy. But once you move out on your own, you can have your freedom.

Basic common sense tells us something doesn't add up. I mean, what's more likely? A vengeful god created billions of planets and types of life only to punish us - not for what we do to each other or the planet. But for not 'believing him' properly.

Or some kings and queens tried to develop a method to control the population and maintain order without using force.

Posted via CB from my LE
    12-09-13 07:34 AM
    God is dead

Tan Okan Q10
    12-09-13 07:39 AM
    God is dead

Tan Okan Q10
    No I'm not!!! Wth?!

Posted via CB10
    clickitykeys likes this.
    12-09-13 07:57 AM
    What about you guys?
    Raised as a Catholic, lost faith when I was in my early teens - very happy since.

Atheism gave me internal peace and showed me that I dont need religion to be a good man. More so - years of studying religions convinced me that organized religions are one of the greatest dangers, or even evils, of the modern world.

Steven Weinberg got it right: "Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion"
    12-09-13 08:07 AM
    Not gonna chime in with my personal beliefs. Instead just a disclaimer that this type of topic can be very touchy for some.

My advice would be to follow what YOU feel inside YOU and make your OWN decisions on the path YOU choose to follow. Many will try to persuade you one way or the other with quotes from the scripture, others will try to persuade you the other way with rebuttles.

If you choose what you feel is the truth then you can be satisfied with being your own person, and knowing you made you own choice.

Edit: I feel diluting the thread with MY personal opinion only hinders one from making their own religious choice.

Sent from my mind controlled Z30...Karma is a B!*?h. 7B Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.15xx
    moody likes this.
    12-09-13 08:52 AM
    I know I tend to ramble but the only point I was trying to make was:
    Not to TELL others how it is, but rather SUGGEST what works for you!

As far as religion as a whole.... I don't have enough information to make an educated decision on the subject. I'll only go as far as "I won't try to convince you, don't try to convince me.

For 30 years I've asked people from all walks of life the same question: Where do you get that FAITH from? and the answer 9 out of ten times is :"That's what I was brought up to believe."
    The other question: Where do sesame seeds come from? "SESAME STREET!"

I'm writing a book on my observation of Earth's "Higher Intelligence," entitled: FAULTY WIRING.... a comic tragedy. ( in a style notably like George Carlin.) I try to find the humor in everything but it actually reads like a horror story.
    I started writing it over 30 years ago but I'm stuck for an ending due to the fact humans do everything backwards.
    you taxi on runways, run on walkways, park on driveways, drive on parkways, pay money on freeways and that's just the little stuff.
    All I need is the answer to why you do everything backwards. Then I can finish my book and go home.

Anyway..To all those intent on spending their entire life looking for the answer, may I suggest:
    The guy with the envelope says the answer is out there, and you'll get it when you reach your destination and not a moment sooner.
    So stop asking!!

And as far as taking the Bible "literally," ya gotta take into consideration the kind of tools they had to work with.
    I mean you try writing with a hammer and chisel !
    12-09-13 09:22 AM
    Essentially human are easily corrupt. Most have insatiable appetite for power, wealth and material. That's essentially the motivation to enslave the minds of simpletons. Human is also extremely insecure, low self esteem, low self confidence all ties into body image and sexual well being since birth. It is these very characters that many of the power to be uses to control and manipulate the mind set of the general population. All these laws, rules and regulations we have today governing the population were evolve from several scriptures written centuries ago. To get people to believe in them and abide by them, there's a need to use a higher power as the highest authority that cannot be dispute and debate by mere humans. The intention might be moral guidance and spiritual support for those who needed them, unfortunately far too often in the name of religions and gods, far too many uses and abuses for personal gain in it's name. I always said religion is like your sex life, unless someone is interested to know and you are willing to part your experience, it should remain private.
    12-09-13 09:22 AM
    Yesterday's history. Forget about it. Tomorrow's a mystery. Don't fret about it.

I believe:
    Every day that I wake up to a new day is reason to celebrate!
    I don't believe I have to be told or to wait for some half baked holiday to celebrate life.
    Live everyday to the fullest because you never know when your destination is gonna creep up behind you and bite you in the b u t t.

That's what I believe.

The rest will come in due time!
    12-09-13 11:06 AM
    What about you guys?

I won't post my personal beliefs as they are not relevant to your own search. My advice is simple: don't ask what others believe in the hopes of getting confirmation of your own. Instead, investigate on your own and think quietly about why you feel/think/believe the way you do. The conclusion you come to now is part of your journey and 10 years from now you may come to a different conclusion. Life is a journey.
    moody, kbz1960 and bambinoitaliano like this.
    12-10-13 12:39 AM
    The problem jevinzak is too many people have spewed hate, committed murder, & manipulated all in the name of "religion".

I don't have a religion except I exercise religiously but that's for another thread

I have a relationship. Christ never once advocated hate, murder, or even religion. Not against gong to church & worshipping. But in religion as in so caught up in rules & regulations ppl forget what worship is about.

In fact, He told His disciples to "dust the dirt off your sandals to those that don't want to hear."

Now before anyone jumps on me for that, what He was saying is not to shove it down anyone's throat. That only serves selfish purposes.

Where does my faith come from? Well it comes from within my heart. Knowing the God I serve loves me know matter what I do. He must, b/c I He died for me. Yes I believe He rose after 3 days.

Every tomb in the middle east contains bones except His. And I'm sure plenty of people will chime in spewing hate at me for saying such. But it's true & no one ever has nor ever will find His bones. I can assure you Satan would make sure they did if He left some behind.

Oh this is such a sensitive subject. I know no matter what I say or how I say it, someone will hate on me for it.

I don't have all the answers. That's why it's called faith. Why did I survive cancer & yet bury 3 dear friends that had the exact same kind as me? Why did I survive drug use w/o overdosing yet so many die every day from doing less than I did. Why did my best friends son die in a car wreck when he was only 19 yet others drive like idiots & live to brag about it. Why do so many children starve every day. Why are animals tortured & killed for sick pleasure every day.

Does God "cause" this to happen? Of course not. Could He stop all evil & sickness from ever happening? Of course.

Why doesn't He? Well I don't know. But I know He does not get pleasure from it. It breaks His heart too. I've studied the Old Testament. He & He alone has helped me to understand that all things work for good, even bad stuff, to those who believe He is doing something even better than we can imagine or deserve.

I tell you these things to say I studied for myself. You should ask questions but then study for yourself.

Btw I am not catholic. Wasn't raised catholic. I have no idea what the Vatican says or doesn't say.

And I can verify lostboy is from his own planet. And lucky for him, he has a very cool Harley Davidson to ride around on.

((((hugs))))

The_Adventist likes this.
    12-10-13 08:43 AM
    I won't state my beliefs cause it would start a war, but I would like to say that if believing in God gets you through life and you feel good about yourself. Excellent
    I know some people who are and one that aren't and they all are good friends.

Posted on my Z30
    moody and bambinoitaliano like this.
    12-10-13 08:55 AM
    Have sex first, then you will find god.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 08:57 AM
    When in doubt, kick back and relax. You will see what you want to see and in the end you will be who you are and want to be.
    moody likes this.
    12-10-13 08:59 AM
    Don't people realize that politics and religion should not be turned into threads.. those are touchy subjects
    anon721037 likes this.
    12-10-13 09:02 AM
    Don't people realize that politics and religion should not be turned into threads.. those are touchy subjects
    It's only touchy if one is defensive about ones belief.

Posted via CB10
    tan_okan likes this.
    12-10-13 09:07 AM
    Religion is the cause of almost all wars. Everyone interprets the words differently. I think the book does show how to be a good human being. As for one God or any God I don't know. My belief is there is a higher power or whatever you want to call it. I just choose to not believe any of the religions.
    12-10-13 09:13 AM
    What about you guys?

Simple. What is right for you is what is right. As long as you are a good person and do no harm. Look to yourself for the answer.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 09:32 AM
    What about you guys?

How do you mean "science has gotten into my head?" There are many world class scientists out there who are strong believers (Francis S. Collins, M.D., Ph.D., Director of the National Institutes of Health, former director of the Human Genome Project; Dr. Fazale Rana; Dr. John Lennox, etc List of Christian thinkers in science - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.)
    This is a good way to look at things: From, "Reason for God" by Timothy Keller, p.125:
    Scientists are very reluctant to ever say that a theory is 'proved'. Even Richard Dawkins admits that Darwin's theory cannot be finally proven, that 'new facts may come to light which will force our successors... to abandon Darwinism or modify it beyond recognition'. But that doesn't mean that science cannot test theories and find some far more empirically verifiable than others. A theory is considered empirically verified if it organizes the evidence and explains phenomena better than any conceivable alternative theory. That is, if through testing, it leads us to expect with accuracy many and varied events better than any other rival account of the same data, then it is accepted, though not (in the strong rationalist sense) 'proved'.
    In �Is There a God?� Oxford philosopher Richard Swinburne argues powerfully that belief in God can be tested and justified (but not proved) in the same way. The view that there is a God, he says, leads us to expect the things we observe � that there is a universe at all, that scientific laws operate within it, that it contains human beings with consciousness and with an indelible moral sense. The theory that there is no God, he argues, does not lead us to expect any of these things. Therefore, belief in God offers a better empirical fit, it explains and accounts for what we see better than the alternative account of things. No view of God can be proved, but that does not mean that we cannot sift and weigh the grounds for various religious beliefs and find that some or even one is the most reasonable.
    I encourage you to do your research. Read books from both sides of the perspective and really work on this. It is not an issue to dismiss lightly.

-Blessings!
    moody likes this.
    12-10-13 10:01 AM
42 12