I'm posting this here for those who are like me and have no desire to own an apple product.

This is just one more resone to add to my ever growing list of reasons to never purchase an Apple product of any kind.

New big brother patent from Apple would kill jailbroken iPhones and invade your privacy - The Cody Word - MarketWatch
    08-23-10 12:27 PM
    Maybe I am missing something, but from the quote in the article, it seems like an advance safety feature.. Absolutely nothing to do with being able to unlock the phone.
    08-23-10 12:39 PM
    this article is crap. how doe's the guy go from “Unauthorized User” to shutting down your phone if JailBroken?
    There was talks about able to restrict your iphone if JB since the 3G. I never hear of one case reported that apple did this.

A lot of blah blah blah for nothing
    08-23-10 12:50 PM
    What this article is getting at is what Apple potentially could do with this type of technology. This is just another way for Apple to say what you can and cannot do with your phone.
    08-23-10 01:11 PM
    What this article is getting at is what Apple potentially could do with this type of technology. This is just another way for Apple to say what you can and cannot do with your phone.
    They have every right to say what we can and cannot do with our phones.
    That's why people don't buy 'em. It's that simple.
    08-23-10 01:14 PM
    I'm pretty sure that every mobile company has technology like this. Nothing new. You think that RIM, Motorola, Nokia, ect...can't control there devices if needed? There was an interesting article on how Nokia gave iran access to all the Nokia phones used there so they could monitor everyone.
    Like i said nothing new......

08-23-10 01:19 PM
    What this article is getting at is what Apple potentially could do with this type of technology.
    And the government could potentially watch everyone that has a webcam.. Are they going to? no..
    Could every cell phone manufacture block unlocked phones? More than likely..
    For one thing, it would be bad publicity and bad business for Apple to shut down unlocked iPhones. I don't see this happening.

When you hate a company enough that you go out looking for justification, these are the kind of articles you will find.
    08-23-10 01:21 PM
    Did you know pk used to be an apple guy? In the early 80ies I owned an Apple II

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-10 01:34 PM
    Really PK? does it bring back good times?? lol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    08-23-10 01:38 PM
    haha that is one sleek and sexy piece of machinery
    08-23-10 01:41 PM
    YOU ( as the purchaser/consumer) always have a choice..

i bought a Macbook Pro in 2008..
    I DID NOT buy a Mac Mini even after all the updates..
    I DID NOT buy a Macbook Air
    I DID NOT buy an Apple TV
    I DID NOT upgrade to the iphone 4

and same with other things:

I Still have Windows XP..
    I DID NOT go VISTA

at the end of the day, if you're buying for yourself and not for your company..
    you have every right NOT TO BUY.
    08-23-10 01:45 PM
    Did you know pk used to be an apple guy? In the early 80ies I owned an Apple II

Funny pk, I don't have a picture but I used to own an Atari computer. Haha
    I spent about 3 hours programming on it so a stupid flower could bloom for 3 seconds! I felt so ripped off when I was done I threw the stupid thing away.

Just found a pic online!
    Last edited by albee 1; 08-23-10 at 02:45 PM.
    08-23-10 02:37 PM
    Funny pk, I don't have a picture but I used to own an Atari computer. Haha
    I spent about 3 hours programming on it so a stupid flower could bloom for 3 seconds! I felt so ripped off when I was done I threw the stupid thing away.

Just found a pic online!

One of these?

08-23-10 02:49 PM
    Oh, you had the 400, then.
    We had an Apple IIC after our Commodore 64.

Last edited by BergerKing; 08-23-10 at 02:54 PM.
    08-23-10 02:50 PM
    Anyone remember those Comodores? Awesome machines!

Actually the US Copyright Office ruled that people who buy iPhones can pretty much do what they want with them, including jailbreak and use any software they want. The only thing Apple can do is void the warranty. Not a big deal for those who want modify their property. Apple actually said allowing this might bring down cell towers!

U.S. Declares iPhone Jailbreaking Legal, Over Apple’s Objections | Threat Level | Wired.com

Last edited by exelant; 08-23-10 at 03:25 PM.
    08-23-10 02:59 PM
    Hahahaha! Jim, I was writing while you were posting pics of our favorite dinosaur!

08-23-10 03:01 PM
    This is has turned into a hilarious museum of old but not forgotten beasts. Great post. It's like seeing old school annual pictures. Funny! =D

08-23-10 08:49 PM
    I just don't get your logic here man. Once I pay for it or sign that contract, it's mine.

I accept that certain things might void the warranty, just like a car, but that is always the choice of the end user.

Does Honda impound cars after people put fart mufflers in them, trying to tweak performance?
    08-23-10 10:34 PM
    Really PK? does it bring back good times?? lol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    That's actually quite sleek for the 80s lol

08-23-10 11:55 PM
    Creative Apple pies anybody?

MMMMmmmm

Oh yes, for goodieness!

Now give this to any die-hard fans! they'll be sure to love and eat them.

OMG

Now some beasts I pulled off of google image search (above photos also found when searching "apple pie disk drive" without quotes):

and the impossible is possible
    Last edited by Rootbrian; 08-24-10 at 03:29 AM.
    08-24-10 03:03 AM
    My first PC was a 286, something like this......

08-24-10 07:52 AM
    My first computer:

I still have a garage full of vacuum tubes.
    08-24-10 08:11 AM
    I wish I could afford a Mac G5 or whatever is latest and greatest as my home computer. Kids keep putting viruses on my Win computers at home. I really like Mac OS - we only work on Macs at the company.

But, at the same time, I don't like any of the other products that Apple spits out. iPhones, iPad (seriously, who is in charge of branding at Apple?), iPods - all fun to play with, but they just seem so... unfinished.
    08-24-10 10:02 AM
    This thread is like a blast from the past.... I love it.
    08-25-10 09:43 AM
    I just don't get your logic here man. Once I pay for it or sign that contract, it's mine.

I accept that certain things might void the warranty, just like a car, but that is always the choice of the end user.

Does Honda impound cars after people put fart mufflers in them, trying to tweak performance?
    I'm talking about beforehand. If they choose to make their product in the way that they do it's up to the consumer to make the decision to buy it or in some cases to keep it within that 30 day return window.
    08-25-10 09:56 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD