Xbox is for 3 year old wanna be gamers

champ
    07-31-13 12:11 AM
    Xbox is for 3 year old wanna be gamers

champ
    Umm yeah, you sound very mature yourself. Lol

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    07-31-13 12:17 AM
    The Kinect is still appealing. You will be able to turn it on with a simple voice command. How amazing is that? The Kinect is heavily integrated into the Xbox experience. It will make it more than just a console.

So, what, you can Shout "Kinect, ON!" and it turns on?

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    07-31-13 12:24 AM
    "Xbox On" and it will turn on instantly. It can be set up so that command turns your TV on as well.

07-31-13 12:58 AM
    Eh, not exactly amazing. Samsung TVs can switch channels via voice command too :shrug: As far as Kinect is concerned, without a good implementation it's just a $100 burden. Sure, it means every XBOX has a Kinect, doesn't mean the devs will be able to use it well. When worse comes to worst, devs will not only ditch it, but implement it in a horrifying way.

Now, the one implementation I was impressed with was that tank wars game, where you get to pretend you're inside the tank and has to move your body in the same manner, such as pushing buttons, pulling down the scope, even opening the big, red, do-not-push-unless-emergency self-destruct button case, but in that case, you control a machine, not a creature with limbs.

It took Bethesda a Gamejam to implement Shouts. Kinect has its uses, but it's not a deciding factor. Wii has the king crown for motion based games

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    07-31-13 03:12 AM
    Eh, not exactly amazing. Samsung TVs can switch channels via voice command too :shrug: As far as Kinect is concerned, without a good implementation it's just a $100 burden. Sure, it means every XBOX has a Kinect, doesn't mean the devs will be able to use it well. When worse comes to worst, devs will not only ditch it, but implement it in a horrifying way.

Now, the one implementation I was impressed with was that tank wars game, where you get to pretend you're inside the tank and has to move your body in the same manner, such as pushing buttons, pulling down the scope, even opening the big, red, do-not-push-unless-emergency self-destruct button case, but in that case, you control a machine, not a creature with limbs.

It took Bethesda a Gamejam to implement Shouts. Kinect has its uses, but it's not a deciding factor. Wii has the king crown for motion based games

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    Yes. Perhaps. But I'm not crowning Xbox the king of motion games (although many would find the lack of any control at all appealing), what im saying is that the Kinect is just one more reason to choose the Xbox One over the Ps4. And what can you say about the track pad. A complete waste of hardware and money. I can guarantee you the Kinect is much more useful than that track pad on the Ps4 controller.

07-31-13 09:24 AM
    PS 4 for the win!
    07-31-13 09:25 AM
    Ps4

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 09:45 AM
    Yes. Perhaps. But I'm not crowning Xbox the king of motion games (although many would find the lack of any control at all appealing), what im saying is that the Kinect is just one more reason to choose the Xbox One over the Ps4. And what can you say about the track pad. A complete waste of hardware and money. I can guarantee you the Kinect is much more useful than that track pad on the Ps4 controller.

PS4 still has PlayStation Eye too :shrug: and still for $50 cheaper. For most of XBOX 360 games, Kinect is a complete waste of hardware and money, same as PlayStation Eye. We'll see which one prevails this end of the year. If SONY managed to release PS4 first, XBOX One is going to be doomed the way PS2 vs XBOX

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    07-31-13 08:54 PM
    PS4 still has PlayStation Eye too :shrug: and still for $50 cheaper. For most of XBOX 360 games, Kinect is a complete waste of hardware and money, same as PlayStation Eye. We'll see which one prevails this end of the year. If SONY managed to release PS4 first, XBOX One is going to be doomed the way PS2 vs XBOX

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    Ah but you forget Xbox 360. Sold a couple million more consoles than the Ps3! All rivalries apart, you should give Halo 4 a try. I the graphics are just beautiful

07-31-13 09:00 PM
    Ah but you forget Xbox 360. Sold a couple million more consoles than the Ps3! All rivalries apart, you should give Halo 4 a try. I the graphics are just beautiful

Everybody agrees PS3 was a cluster*uck of disaster: hard-to-develop-for CPU, only 256 MB RAM for system and 256MB for graphics, late release, even higher price point than 360, AND they sold each system at a loss, not to mention they dropped backwards compatibility support for newer productions and dropped Linux support on the newer firmwares.

The only miracle of PS3 is the fact that the security is so tight it took pirates 6 years to reliably break it, it's the kind of security EA's demon priests dream of.

Now? SONY learned the hard way what it means to appease the wallet holders. Microsoft, blinded by all the Windows being installed, thought of "always online", making sure that rural areas and non-1st world countries do not want their system. I read somewhere (forgot where) that more PS2 was sold than its games, no doubt pirated games at countries no developers ever target took part.

If we are to take into account sales amount as the standard, Nintendo DS is far better than even 360 :lol: and more Nintendo DS was sold than its games. Go figure

What am I saying?

I'm saying that, by NOT getting too much in the way of pirates, companies can make money from hardware. Pirating games is always bad, but it seems that it's one of the reason the consoles are very popular, in non-1st world countries at least, and you can't pirate hardware

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    07-31-13 09:25 PM
    Everybody agrees PS3 was a cluster*uck of disaster: hard-to-develop-for CPU, only 256 MB RAM for system and 256MB for graphics, late release, even higher price point than 360, AND they sold each system at a loss, not to mention they dropped backwards compatibility support for newer productions and dropped Linux support on the newer firmwares.

The only miracle of PS3 is the fact that the security is so tight it took pirates 6 years to reliably break it, it's the kind of security EA's demon priests dream of.

Now? SONY learned the hard way what it means to appease the wallet holders. Microsoft, blinded by all the Windows being installed, thought of "always online", making sure that rural areas and non-1st world countries do not want their system. I read somewhere (forgot where) that more PS2 was sold than its games, no doubt pirated games at countries no developers ever target took part.

If we are to take into account sales amount as the standard, Nintendo DS is far better than even 360 :lol: and more Nintendo DS was sold than its games. Go figure

What am I saying?

I'm saying that, by NOT getting too much in the way of pirates, companies can make money from hardware. Pirating games is always bad, but it seems that it's one of the reason the consoles are very popular, in non-1st world countries at least, and you can't pirate hardware

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    Well the DS doesn't really count. It's in a whole other category. We're talking about actual consoles. Anyhow, many people attribute the selling of the Xbox 360 on price. Now it's the other way around, the Play Station is cheaper. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

07-31-13 10:28 PM
    Annnnnnd there goes the disc drive on our XBOX 360. And I bet that the $100 it costs (or used to cost, not sure about now) to get it fixed will be wasted because the next month it will be broken again.

I know all consoles have their issues (I know that some can really be lemons, from Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft) but luckily none of my Playstation consoles have broken.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    07-31-13 11:21 PM
    Well the DS doesn't really count. It's in a whole other category. We're talking about actual consoles. Anyhow, many people attribute the selling of the Xbox 360 on price. Now it's the other way around, the Play Station is cheaper. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

If we take out DS, Nintendo is still the winner with Wii. Wii U, however, is less innovative, so IDK how well it will fare, especially when the sorry excuse of a controller that is actually an iPad with buttons is central to gameplay

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    08-01-13 12:59 AM
    PS4 all the way.

Via my Commodore Vic 20
    08-01-13 01:20 AM
    PS4. The 360 was an excellent machine. I bought a PS3 near launch (an 80gb backward compatible. Amazingly still works).

I believe when it launched, the PS3 was better value. But now at the end of their life, the 360 is clearly the superior machine, in terms of support and value.

That being said.

The X1 was an example of what NOT to do, and even if they reverse all the controversial features, they still blatantly lied to press and gamers by saying they couldn't.

And then they did.

At the end of the day, it's not about the money, it's about making a point.

Also, I plan on getting a Ps4 used, and playing KH3 and FF15. Then back to Ebay it goes. I hardly think there will be any new titles really worth the time.

It feels like gaming is heading towards another bubble where people are getting sick of triple A games and just want to play some damn Angry Birds on the bus to work.

As blackberry owners we should know that what's popular with the majority is what sells, not what's worth it.

Posted in the Throne Room
    08-01-13 01:33 AM
    Xbox all day everyday. I had a PS3 and the online community sucked terribly. There was a reason why the offered online gaming for free; to make up for the horrible lag in game play. I thought I read in an article that Sony was going to start charging for online gaming.

Either way to each his own.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 01:47 AM
    Ps4. Must be stupid to get a Xbox one..

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 02:26 AM
    Analyst estimate the Xbox One will outsell the Ps4 3 to 1

Does not bother me! Android phones outsell BB, too... so ... PS4!! :-D

Posted via my Q10, Germany
    08-01-13 06:35 AM
    Xbox for me!

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    08-01-13 06:37 AM
    Xbox all day everyday. I had a PS3 and the online community sucked terribly. There was a reason why the offered online gaming for free; to make up for the horrible lag in game play. I thought I read in an article that Sony was going to start charging for online gaming.

Either way to each his own.

Posted via CB10
    Not to mention the enormous amount of annoying little kids online. Not that there is isn't on Xbox Live but the charging keeps at least some of them out lol.

08-01-13 01:04 PM
    PS4. The 360 was an excellent machine. I bought a PS3 near launch (an 80gb backward compatible. Amazingly still works).

I believe when it launched, the PS3 was better value. But now at the end of their life, the 360 is clearly the superior machine, in terms of support and value.

That being said.

The X1 was an example of what NOT to do, and even if they reverse all the controversial features, they still blatantly lied to press and gamers by saying they couldn't.

And then they did.

At the end of the day, it's not about the money, it's about making a point.

Also, I plan on getting a Ps4 used, and playing KH3 and FF15. Then back to Ebay it goes. I hardly think there will be any new titles really worth the time.

It feels like gaming is heading towards another bubble where people are getting sick of triple A games and just want to play some damn Angry Birds on the bus to work.

As blackberry owners we should know that what's popular with the majority is what sells, not what's worth it.

Posted in the Throne Room
    I hope consoles never die out. A small screen on your phone (and even a tablet) can in no way compare to an actual console game on your TV screen.

08-01-13 06:55 PM
    Exactly! I don't get how people think that mobile gaming will ever take place over an actual gaming console or computer gaming system.

I can't stand playing majority of the action adventure games out there on any phone or tablet. It is just not the same.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 05:48 AM
    Exactly! I don't get how people think that mobile gaming will ever take place over an actual gaming console or computer gaming system.

I can't stand playing majority of the action adventure games out there on any phone or tablet. It is just not the same.

Posted via CB10
    Try FPS. FPS on mobile is horribad.

Despite the specs that can run Crysis, mobile gaming will never get as complex as Crysis

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    08-02-13 06:12 AM
    Xbox one.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 09:23 AM
105 12345