Good post OP
    06-22-11 12:06 PM
    Fantastic tech blog analysis! What I'm wondering is if the Government of Canada might be able to supply an iCopier4 (with Flash) as part of a bailout package!
    06-22-11 05:22 PM
    I'm glad you can make fun of real people who've invested in RIMM, only to keep losing a huge amount of money.
    I'm sensing butthurtness here... were you one of the sorry slobs who bought high and sold low?
    06-22-11 09:21 PM
    Developing Hot!!!

Trusted sources and unnamed insiders reported today at Research In Motion's Headquarters at Phillip Street in Waterloo, Ontario, that one of the back-up copiers on the fourth floor briefly jammed this morning. A sheet of paper went all shready while winding its way through the copier and got bungled up, causing the copier to produce error messages. Technicians were able to free the damaged paper, but it could not be salvaged and had to be ritually destroyed.

Compounding RIM's difficulties, the technicians got all inky-black stuff on their hands, so that soap and water had to be applied, then rinsed off, followed by a drying procedure which is believed to have involved either towling or one of those noisy air blowers.

RIM executives have refused to comment on the incident. There is no guarantee that the copier, or conceivably other copiers at RIM, might, in the future be subject to jams. RIM's refusal to acknowledge or address in detail this morning's cascading catastrophe calls into further doubt, the future viability of the company.
    +1, Subby, Golf clap.
    06-23-11 06:04 PM
    I'm glad you can make fun of real people who've invested in RIMM, only to keep losing a huge amount of money.
    OMG, that was actually funnier than the OP's excellent post. I have as much sympathy for stock market gambling losses as I do for the guy who bets equally on Red and Black and Green hits...
    06-23-11 07:18 PM
    OMG, that was actually funnier than the OP's excellent post. I have as much sympathy for stock market gambling losses as I do for the guy who bets equally on Red and Black and Green hits...
    Excellent point. People forget that, back in the day, you bought stock to get dividends, which are company profits shared with shareholders. And possibly the stock would rise someday but that wasn't the main reason you bought it. You bought it to share in the company profits over time. That was "investing."

Now there's really no more "investing" in the stock market because almost no companies pay dividends. Now all it is gambling (called "speculation"). The only thing you can hope for is that some shmuck will some day want to pay more for it than you did. That's all, there are no dividends, no profits shared with shareholders. It's only speculation.

That's not investing, that's pure gambling.
    06-23-11 07:30 PM
    I don't know whether to be honored or chargrined, but this is the first thread I've started that's been side-tracked to the Crackberry Rehab Forum! I know its down at the bottom of the forums page, but I suppose its better than not having it deleted altogether. Is there a mission statement for Crackberry Rehab? How long do you have to stay?
    06-23-11 10:35 PM
    How long do you have to stay?
    60 days.....
    06-24-11 12:23 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD