Oh uh....what are we pushing for now? What's the new goal? I think I missed something. :-P

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    06-16-14 02:43 AM
    For Bla1ze to be EiC!

Check Out TechCraze
    06-16-14 02:57 AM
    Have you read about Tower of Babel? Too many languages nobody understood each other.

Many posts does not mean many discussions or even understandable information. In Crackberry there is too much information, certainly little discussion or a lack of interest in almost anything. Without a good search engine whatever discussion or information there is will be of no good use. Crackberry's search engine is abysmal and incoherent.

I think the era of discussion forums is near. Either Crackberry finds a better way to deliver or it will loose relevance. So I am one of those that having had experience with forums I don't see any greatness in Crackberry reaching 10 million posts.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 02:59 AM
    You do know this is a "let's have fun and celebrate thread" right? It's the community having fun. There are loads of informational threads.

I am reminded of something Bono from U2 said right when they hit it big in the early to mid 80s. When told of how much relevance U2's songs had to the political and social climate of the times, he said that the public should never forget that U2 was primarily a noisy band born out of the climate of the punk era. He further stated that it would be terrible if their fans came to their concerts with rosaries ready to pray instead of having a raucous couple of hours.

Similarly, as befitting any community, CB has informational, controversial, and fun threads.

Enjoy our diversity! We're glad to have you!

shorski and pokusko like this.
    06-16-14 03:23 AM
    I am not against diversity or even this forum. I participate and post.

I think accepting things as they are without trying to improve is a symptom of future disaster.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 03:42 AM
    If I understand what you are saying a bit, you want a forum where there will be more of discussion.
    This forum gives that and more. Look at the threads in here, you will see there is more of what you want except for a few threads where it's just for fun or games and this is usually noted right from the very first post.
    Now that does not say there ain't some jokes in between the discussions in each thread but eh, isn't that what reality is.
    Even when a company have their board meetings, there's always space for jokes and arguments derailing completely away from the points at times. That's just what it's meant to be.
    However, it's always good to have someone bring us back to the point and this, the mods do accurately.
    So except I don't get what you are saying at all, I think the forum is good as it is and we hope it keeps getting better.
    And the admin team has even thrown the floor open to folks with good articles worthy of home page discussion.

White Z30 - The Best BlackBerry Experience
    06-16-14 04:01 AM
    Oh uh....what are we pushing for now? What's the new goal? I think I missed something. :-P

There always is another milestone

Posted via CB10
    shorski and pokusko like this.
    06-16-14 04:34 AM
    I am not against diversity or even this forum. I participate and post.

I think accepting things as they are without trying to improve is a symptom of future disaster.

Posted via CB10
    If you don't like this thread go try the "ban the person above", you will love it
    06-16-14 04:52 AM
    Let's bring this up to 20M!

Posted via CB10
    shorski likes this.
    06-16-14 06:10 AM
    Let's bring this up to 20M!

Posted via CB10
    Okay you start and let me know once we reach 19999900.....

Posted via CB10
    tinochiko and Carjackd like this.
    06-16-14 09:42 AM
    There. I improved that for you.

Have you read about Tower of Babel? Too many languages nobody understood each other.
    .: snip :.
    Either Crackberry finds a better way to deliver or it will loose lose relevance.
    06-16-14 10:16 AM
    Holy. Sh!t.

OK FOLKS... GET READY FOR THIS.... I JUST GOT THE OFFICIAL RESULTS BACK FROM OUR TECH TEAM.......

AND....

WE'RE NOT AT 10 MILLION YET!!!!! You're still all in it to win!

Here's the deal. We already announced a FIRST winner in our CrackBerry passing 10 Million Posts contest.

That was this post:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...l#post10473230

This post is literally the 10 millionth post that was made through our forums content management system. It's the post that is assigned the number 10 million in the database. However, that post was made months ago, before we even started this thread.

As we realized only now while running this, the reason for this discrepancy is that the "post counter" on the homepage of the forums was excluding posts that were deleted in the past for spam, etc. So this 10 million posts "made to the database" was achieved a while back.

In reality, what we should be aiming for is TEN MILLION PUBLIC POSTS.

So here's the current status of the numbers as of a few minutes ago.

Number of posts in public forums: 9,449,233
    Number of posts in all forums, including our private admin forums (excluding the Reports & Infractions, AE Detector, and Ban Tracker): 9,988,638
    Number of post in all forums (all public and all private): 10,031,428

Now to me, the spirit of this content is about 10 million posts in our PUBLIC forums. Which means based on the numbers above, we're still probably a four or five months away from hitting it (we average just over 100k forum posts her month).

So.... here's what's going to happen:

1) I'm going to have our tech team hopefully hack the counter to reflect public posts (hoping they can do that - if not, the numbers will just keep counting and we'll do monthly updates to let everybody know where we're at)
    2) We're going to keep this event running. We'll still honor the prize stated before for the 10 millionth post to the database, but we're going to run a BIGGER prize for the real 10 millionth public post (new BB10 phone of choice + cb swag pack and trophy)

Ok. I'll let you all digest that. CRAZINESS.

Good luck!
    pokusko likes this.
    06-16-14 11:27 AM
    Holy crap start posting boys. Yahoooo

Z30 best ever
    shorski likes this.
    06-16-14 11:37 AM
    Ok, so Tom (our Architect) just hacked the counter module on the forums index to ONLY reflect the public forums post count.

So the race is back on!!
    pokusko, anon721037 and Ragbert like this.
    06-16-14 11:44 AM
    What?!
    06-16-14 11:53 AM
    Not
    Again
    But I like the idea nevertheless
    06-16-14 11:54 AM
    So the race is on again. Good luck to everyone
    06-16-14 11:56 AM
    Could you somehow integrate the counter to the CB app?
    06-16-14 11:57 AM
    You have few months for that.
    06-16-14 11:59 AM
    Or so you think at least
    06-16-14 12:00 PM
    Could you somehow integrate the counter to the CB app?
    Will put that onto the app to do list. Sooo many things to do.
    06-16-14 12:01 PM
    Yazzoooo!!.

I knew it wasn't over

Check Out TechCraze
    06-16-14 12:02 PM
31,178 ... 165166167168169 ...