The Z10 is a popular phone (I love it and have been a BB fan and do have a PB and Android Tablet) but what I think is lacking in the general consumer space is an iPod Touch replacement.

If we look what is out there, it's pathetic. the Sansa is an ok device and even Android's offerings are meager at best, so why can't we take the cell capabilities out of the Z10 and create the i10? I'm sure people who are sick of Apple products being locked more than a North Korean prison would like to have something that is more "open" and fun to play with instead of the old clunky iOS?

Granted the games aren't there but still, not everyone plays games on their touch unless you're a teen or pre-teen. I had the first gen iPod Touch it was fun at first but iOS got boring. I mainly surfed the web, don't get me started on the browser being sucky as well.

Am I making sense or what?
    axeman1000 likes this.
    05-09-13 11:41 AM
    What's wrong with just using our cellphone and SD cards?
    05-09-13 02:12 PM
    I was really happy when I finally had a phone that could hold GB's of data so I ould listen to music. As far as games, phones now play games, too! If you go back to watch the youtube video of when Jobs introduced the iPhone, he sold it as an iPod, a phone, annnnnnnd something else...

Anyways, yeah, who wants another device to hold music? Our phones can do that.
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-09-13 02:14 PM
    The Z10 is a popular phone (I love it and have been a BB fan and do have a PB and Android Tablet) but what I think is lacking in the general consumer space is an iPod Touch replacement.

If we look what is out there, it's pathetic. the Sansa is an ok device and even Android's offerings are meager at best, so why can't we take the cell capabilities out of the Z10 and create the i10? I'm sure people who are sick of Apple products being locked more than a North Korean prison would like to have something that is more "open" and fun to play with instead of the old clunky iOS?

Granted the games aren't there but still, not everyone plays games on their touch unless you're a teen or pre-teen. I had the first gen iPod Touch it was fun at first but iOS got boring. I mainly surfed the web, don't get me started on the browser being sucky as well.

Am I making sense or what?

Just disable the radio - and you have a non-phone enabled Z10 :-)
    3hb78ftg and BergerKing like this.
    05-09-13 02:26 PM
    But when people buy an iPod Touch it's for people who are too young for a cell phone or maybe want a separate device. It would be a great idea at a consumer standpoint as there's no competitor to the iPod Touch.

Blackberry was trying to focus on being a consumer friendly product and break the image of being a business only phone so why not have a consumer focused media player?
    05-09-13 03:51 PM
    I agree I bring my itouch when we travel. I'd rather have beach sand and salt water kill my itouch than my z10. Mind you my phone comes with me anyway just not to the beach.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-09-13 03:55 PM
    Or he could not pay his bill and then not worry about it functioning as a phone.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-09-13 03:56 PM
    Or he could not pay his bill and then not worry about it functioning as a phone.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not worried about my bill but it's a consumer space that is clearly lacking. I'd choose my fictitious i10 over an iPod Touch any day of the week.

BB was always trying, look at its music gateway, it wasn't that popular but this would be it would give the iPod Touch a go for its money. Sure it's the opposite of what Apple did it was successful in it.
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-09-13 04:29 PM
    It sounds like a good idea in theory, but then again, Apple owns the music player market. It's kinda like the tablet market which Apple is also the king in; it would be very difficult to break into. BlackBerry isn't ready for that just yet.
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-09-13 04:45 PM
    Whatever you want to say, but please don't call it i10, please!
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-09-13 04:47 PM
    Whatever you want to say, but please don't call it i10, please!
    iDont think he can resist.
    05-09-13 07:48 PM
    It sounds like a good idea in theory, but then again, Apple owns the music player market. It's kinda like the tablet market which Apple is also the king in; it would be very difficult to break into. BlackBerry isn't ready for that just yet.
    But that would be like Apple saying oh crap Blackberry is the king of the smartphones why bother entering? Ok we won't play on the ***** moniker of Apple.

I don't know how good BB Music and Movie offerings are though
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-09-13 09:24 PM