i want to buy a shirt that says I <3 Black People

but my mother won't let me because she thinks, not only that it will offend people (both black people and white people that dont like black people), but that i would end up getting beaten up for it.

I dont live in a bad section of the city...i dont even live in the city. i live in a low-crime suburb. Im not exactly concerned about my safety on a daily basis. And even if someone was offended, would they seriously go far enough to want to beat me up for it?

*for the record, im buying the shirt cause its funny, not cause i love black people. i dont hate black people though. i love and hate individuals.
    04-13-10 09:40 AM
    I would not be offended personally.

BUT it's probably not a good idea if you're honestly worried at all. You can't know for sure someone isn't going to be highly offended and beat the sh!t outta you... people are CRAZY.
    04-13-10 09:43 AM
    i would understand someone wanting to beat me up if it had swastikas or maybe a slavery joke on it, but it just says "I <3 Black people"

im personally not worried abobut it at all
    04-13-10 09:46 AM
    where im from youll either get beaten up or a high five. but if i saw you wearing that shirt id probably just look at you weird
    04-13-10 10:04 AM
    Its not offensive to me. However, I can see where it would be offensive to say a black person. Why advertise that you '<3' them?

I never understood stupid shirts like this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 10:10 AM
    I wouldn't wear it.
    04-13-10 10:13 AM
    There's plenty of people or all races/colours that are walking around looking for any excuse to do something bad.

You will be the red flag to a bull.

Your mum is right.
    04-13-10 10:29 AM
    I don't see where you find the humor in it. I personally just think it's weird that someone would want to wear a shirt like that. But to each his/her own.
    04-13-10 11:10 AM
    What if black people don't want your love? Personally, if you wore a shirt that read, "I <3 Mexicans" I'd think (being a Mexican, myself) that you were making a mockery of your "love" of Mexicans by wearing that shirt. Most likely I would do nothing more than give you the stink eye, but why take that chance?

P.S. Make sure to post the vid of you getting the snot kicked out of you.
    04-13-10 11:29 AM
    Alex, not a big deal if you're hanging out in Oakville, but I wouldn't wear it to Soulard or the landing, that might catch you an arse whoopin...
    04-13-10 11:32 AM
    In the words of Jerry Seinfeld: "If I like their race, how is that racist?"
    04-13-10 12:25 PM
    Tell ya what$ to be on the safe side,m I'll make you a wallpaper for your bb that says it instead!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 12:42 PM
    Alex, not a big deal if you're hanging out in Oakville, but I wouldn't wear it to Soulard or the landing, that might catch you an arse whoopin...
    what about st peters?
    04-13-10 01:09 PM
    The question you have to ask yourself is "Would GOD be offended by this shirt?".
    04-13-10 02:46 PM
    Truthfully, I think God would be offended if I so much as thought about wearing such a shirt.
    04-13-10 02:53 PM
    I'm going to get a shirt that says "I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally".
    04-13-10 03:06 PM
    I'm going to get a shirt made that says "I hate people....especially the human ones! ".
    04-13-10 03:12 PM
    I'm going to get a shirt made that says "I hate people....especially the human ones! ".
    My idea was better! You lose! 1 suck point for Jason!
    04-13-10 03:14 PM
    My idea was better! You lose! 1 suck point for Jason!
    Didn't know we were competing. In that case, I'm going to get a shirt made that says "I hate Amber!!! ". Lol
    04-13-10 03:18 PM
    Didn't know we were competing. In that case, I'm going to get a shirt made that says "I hate Amber!!! ". Lol
    I'm going to get a shirt that says "I hate Jason &that stupid state he is from they like to call mississippi where everyone sleeps with their sisters and brothers and he!! maybe even their momma too".
    04-13-10 03:25 PM
    i want to buy a shirt that says I <3 Black People

but my mother won't let me because she thinks, not only that it will offend people (both black people and white people that dont like black people), but that i would end up getting beaten up for it.

I dont live in a bad section of the city...i dont even live in the city. i live in a low-crime suburb. Im not exactly concerned about my safety on a daily basis. And even if someone was offended, would they seriously go far enough to want to beat me up for it?

*for the record, im buying the shirt cause its funny, not cause i love black people. i dont hate black people though. i love and hate individuals.
    Alex, while I admire your sentiment, I too would have to advise against it... You never know when you are going to run across someone somewhere who would take offense. You also never know when you are going to run across someone who has some totally unrelated point to make, who decides to use you to make it...such as some young individual who is trying to get into some gang somewhere, and their initiation involves beating the cr@p out of someone who they don't know (or worse, killing them...). A shirt like that could make you a walking target.
    04-13-10 04:34 PM
    what about st peters?
    I don't venture out that way much, but I work with many who do. I guess wear it and if we don't hear back from ya, well you know the rest...
    04-13-10 04:47 PM
    I'm going to get a shirt that says "I hate Jason &that stupid state he is from they like to call mississippi where everyone sleeps with their sisters and brothers and he!! maybe even their momma too".
    Now that would be one awesome shirt right there!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-13-10 08:58 PM
    How come my post was deleted?
    04-13-10 09:23 PM
    How come my post was deleted?
    they dont like you cause your blue
    04-14-10 10:45 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD