idk if there is a rant forum for the curve so i'm putting this here. i've had this thing for 2 months and its been nothing but problems. first issue i've had is the bis going down and not being able to use my phone. i realize that is a blackberry problem in general so i'm not holding it against the curve too much. but the other day, after i've babied my phone for two months, my trackball stopped working. then about 5 minutes later, my whole keyboard. it didn't get wet or anything like that. i was just sitting in my hotel room playing on the internet and it started freaking out. i'll never buy another blackberry and am switching to a droid eris as soon as i get more money to waste. sorry i just had to get that out of my system.
    02-01-10 03:20 PM
    have you done any handset exchange yet? maybe you just have an defective phone. It happens.
    02-01-10 03:26 PM
    no i haven't. its 89 bucks to get a refurb. i'm not paying that kind of money for something thats going to break again in a month.
    02-01-10 03:29 PM
    if you bought this new, it has a 1yr warranty, call vzw and they will send you out a phone....
    02-01-10 03:32 PM
    if you bought this new, it has a 1yr warranty, call vzw and they will send you out a phone....
    Yep. You won't have to pay anything.

I've never had ANY problems with any of my BlackBerrys, including two Curve 8330s. I'm not saying it doesn't happen! But as with any kind of phone, no matter what brand or model, there are defective ones out there. That's what the warranty is for. I'd say at least give it one more shot. It really is a great phone.
    02-01-10 03:35 PM
    That's odd, the 8330 is a pretty solid phone. USER ERROR! (Kidding! )
    There should be a warranty on it if you got it from Verizon.

Good Luck!
    02-01-10 03:37 PM
    It sounds like you got a bad one. Will always have some like that. Even with the Droid Eris. If you only had it for 2 months i would definately be getting a new one for NOTHING! I love my curve 8330.
    02-01-10 03:49 PM
    That's odd, the 8330 is a pretty solid phone. USER ERROR! (Kidding! )
    There should be a warranty on it if you got it from Verizon.

Good Luck!
    LOL very funny
    02-01-10 03:50 PM
    Yes, one individual phone, out of hundreds of thousands produced just like it that are working fine every day, is definitely a good representation of ALL BlackBerrys everywhere.
    02-01-10 03:54 PM
    Yes, one individual phone, out of hundreds of thousands produced just like it that are working fine every day, is definitely a good representation of ALL BlackBerrys everywhere.
    i'm ditching bb completely because the servers have gone out multiple times in the last couple weeks and when they do, all i can do is make and recieve calls. i'm 17 and thus never need to call. i just text, email, and go on the web. the servers have really left a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to blackberry.
    02-01-10 04:19 PM
    i'm ditching bb completely because the servers have gone out multiple times in the last couple weeks and when they do, all i can do is make and recieve calls. i'm 17 and thus never need to call. i just text, email, and go on the web. the servers have really left a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to blackberry.
    Hopefully, server issues have been resolved. Push email is awesome when it works, which is almost always, but when it goes down I have use my Opera mini browser and got every email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-10 04:45 PM
    i'm 17 and thus never need to call.
    I don't know about you, but age has NOTHING to do regarding the need/urge to call people, unless you ar a toddler... and if it did, being 17 would be a ripe age to feel such need/urge...
    02-01-10 04:51 PM
    I don't know about you, but age has NOTHING to do regarding the need/urge to call people, unless you ar a toddler... and if it did, being 17 would be a ripe age to feel such need/urge...
    i simply meant that i'm nearly always in school and of course they dont allow you to call people during class. i rely on texting to communicate with everybody.
    02-01-10 07:31 PM
    I remember, I knew it all when I was 17.
    02-01-10 11:56 PM
    Sometimes things like that happen. My first smartphone was also a lemon. I was constantly having problems with it. Ironically, my next smartphone was the BB 8330 and I haven't had a problem with my device since. The 8330 is a legendary BB. I don't know too many people who have had bad experiences with it. You just got a lemon. Just do as the previous posters advised and get a replacement. If the device is under warranty, then you shouldn't have to pay anything. What else can you do anyways?

02-02-10 03:42 AM
    i simply meant that i'm nearly always in school and of course they dont allow you to call people during class. i rely on texting to communicate with everybody.
    When BlackBerry is down, you can still send text msgs becuase it doesn't require data.

But i agree, when BB is down, it sucks cuz i use BBM all the time.
    02-02-10 07:28 AM
    idk if there is a rant forum for the curve so i'm putting this here. i've had this thing for 2 months and its been nothing but problems. first issue i've had is the bis going down and not being able to use my phone. i realize that is a blackberry problem in general so i'm not holding it against the curve too much. but the other day, after i've babied my phone for two months, my trackball stopped working. then about 5 minutes later, my whole keyboard. it didn't get wet or anything like that. i was just sitting in my hotel room playing on the internet and it started freaking out. i'll never buy another blackberry and am switching to a droid eris as soon as i get more money to waste. sorry i just had to get that out of my system.
    You should have changed your picture before posting this if you actually wanted anyone to take your rant seriously. Many, many people have been using the 83xx for years without a single problem. I am one of them - almost two years and the only issue I had was when I dropped it in the ocean and had to buy a new one. Your problem(s) could very well be user error, or maybe a defective device. But when the network, or BIS is down, it is not the device and could happen with any phone. BB is miles better than any other device for the working professional.
    02-02-10 08:47 AM

hahaha i remember too! it was awesome!

I remember one time my dad backhanded me for being a "know-it-all" lmfao
    02-02-10 09:47 AM
    well quit complaining and go with a droid.... see ya .... you wont be happy with that phone either! bb curve is the best phone out there! its a fact!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-02-10 10:49 AM
    My old 8330 was rock solid. I never had a single problem with it in the year that I had it. You should replace it with a new one. You'll be glad you did.

02-02-10 10:54 AM
    I thought I was the only one.

Good to know I was in good company!
    02-02-10 11:31 AM
    i'm 17 and thus never need to call. i just text, email, and go on the web. the servers have really left a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to blackberry.
    you're lucky youre only 17, you probably were bypassed for some very inappropriate jokes because you're a minor.

Wow... im going to h e l l...
    Last edited by AaronWasHere; 02-02-10 at 03:24 PM.
    02-02-10 03:22 PM
    Are you kidding me?? You never need to call anyone? When I was 17 you couldn't peel my phone away from my head with a crowbar. Granted back then it was pretty much calling and texting. But if I'd have had a BB back then I still would've been using it for calls. And did you miis the fact that a BB is a phone? If you don't need something that makes calls you should get a netbook or something.
    02-02-10 03:26 PM
    Try getting another bb then! I bought a refurbished 8320 which was often rebooting itself.I dcided to stay loyal to bb and got a 2nd hand 8900. It works like a charm and I'm loving every single minute I spend on it!

02-02-10 08:37 PM
    You're lucky you even HAVE a blackberry at 17
    02-02-10 10:18 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD