Ok so I started my summer workout a little late, I should have started about a month or two ago but of course I didn't. I recently met with a Personal Trainer and got in a great workout. It was so great that I can barely move. I'm in CRAZY pain.

I don't know if I am truly ready for the Trainer experience, I wanted to bust him in the head so bad, but I know he was just doing his job.....should I keep going or just workout at home?

HELP!!! lol
    06-22-08 11:06 AM
    It was so great that I can barely move. I'm in CRAZY pain.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body
    06-22-08 11:48 AM
    Enough said. Again, stay with the trainer. Remember, the pain hurts so good!
    06-22-08 11:58 AM
    No pain...no gain.
    06-22-08 12:02 PM
    Stay with the trainer hun! It'll be sooooooooooo worth it!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-08 12:12 PM
    Yeah I know it will in the long run...its just that right now, yooo this crap is torture. I normally have a high tolerance for pain, this is different. lol

I tried to get out of bed and my body was so sore/tight, I said forget about it.

I know I just have to allow my body time to adjust to the new training, but should I try to do a lil workout today to relieve the muscles or should I just sit and rest.
    06-22-08 12:23 PM
    pain is only one mans opinion...

-db

try this:

9 Week Workout Plan Running
    Weeks #1, 2: 2 miles/day, 8:30 pace, M/W/F (6 miles/ week)
    Week #3: No running. High risk of stress fractures
    Week #4: 3 miles/day, M/W/F (9 miles/wk)
    Weeks #5, 6: 2/3/4/2 miles, M/Tu/Th/F (11 miles/wk)
    Weeks #7,8: 4/4/5/3 miles, M/Tu/Th/F (16 miles/ wk)
    Week #9: same as #7,8 (16 miles/ wk)

Push Ups, Pull Ups and Sit Ups (Mon/Wed/Fri)

Week #1:
    4X15 Push Ups
    4X20 Sit Ups
    3X3 Pull Ups
    Week #2:
    5X20 Push Ups
    5X20 Sit Ups
    3X3 Pull Ups
    Week #3,4:
    5X25 Push Ups
    5X25 Sit Ups
    3X4 Pull Ups
    Week #5,6:
    6X25 Push Ups
    6X25 Sit Ups
    2X8 Pull Ups
    Week #7,8:
    6X30 Push Ups
    6X30 Sit Ups
    2X10 Pull Ups
    Week #9:
    6X30 Push Ups
    6X30 Sit Ups
    3X10 Pull Ups

Swimming 4-5 days a week

Weeks #1, 2: Swim continuously for 15 min.
    Weeks #3, 4: Swim continuously for 20 min.
    Weeks #5, 6: Swim continuously for 25 min.
    Weeks #7, 8: Swim continuously for 30 min.
    Week #9: Swim continuously for 35 min.

Notes:

Be mentally strong, don't give up!

If you follow the program above exactly you will get great results and a new stronger you will emerge.

Be sure to take in enough nutrients and water.
    06-22-08 12:39 PM
    That pain is all the lactic acid buildup in ur body. You must be fairly out of shape and not to active. Don't worry, it happens to everyone. I have a consistent workout routine week in and week out. Pm me if you would like a decent regiment. I strongly suggest you stay with the trainer for the first couple of weeks though and stay with light weights/light reps in the beginning until you get rid of the lactic acid buildup. After the first week and a half you will start to feel great but remember no pain no gain. Working out will make you feel great physically and mentally as your brain will start to release natural endorphins into your body. Stay with it and go to the gym about 4-5 days a week. People tend to get lazy when they work out at home.

06-22-08 01:10 PM
    keep on it!! like everyone said, once you get past the initial couple days of pain then you will start feeling great.

i just started working out again myself about a month ago. i had been off and on before that but now i am super committed to my workouts.

what are you doing when you work out?
    06-22-08 08:14 PM
    Great post! Its good motivation to hear from others working out and all the tips and stuff is a plus! Definitely stay with the trainer if u have the money (very expensive) but all my friends who have followed through say that the money was well worth it and they all have the body to prove it!

06-22-08 10:26 PM
    stick with it, the pain is a good sign you are working muscles you havent worked in a while or not enough. after the pt, do the gym 4-5 times a week, if u stay at home to "work out" you're not gonna get much accomplished lol unless u have a full scale work out room or something
    06-22-08 11:10 PM
    I think I'm gonna go walk 2 miles right now just from reading this. lol.. Be back in a bit!
    06-23-08 01:44 PM
    LOL
    Thanks everybody. Yes I'm definitely out of shape but I'm working on it.

I'm still in pain today, h311 I think its more intense today. LOL

06-23-08 01:58 PM
    it will go away....it's cause your out of shape, so the activity is new to your body....stick with it for a few weeks, and the pain should diminish to pretty much nothing after workouts.
    06-23-08 02:26 PM
    I only got to walk 1 mile because it started to rain... So much for the sunshine state... I have a question though.

Whenever I walk, I get a pretty bad pain in the muscles near my ankle, like on the sides of my lower calf, feels like it's trying to lock up and it burns like h*ll, is that just lactic acid? If so, how come I only feel it in that area and not the upper calf or any other muscle in my leg? The pain subsides after I stop walking for a couple minutes.
    06-23-08 02:37 PM
    Had my second session with the trainer this morning and this time I was able to handle it a lot better.

I can't be stopped now!! I'm about to be RIGHT!!

**I'll have to see how I feel tomorrow** lol
    06-28-08 09:57 AM
    that is awesome that you are keeping up with it! so many people are sore and dont end up going back!!

do you feel better yet?

i am running/walking 2 miles per day plus weight training!! and i was only my way there but i had to check CB!!
    06-28-08 12:35 PM
    LOL.
    Yeah I'm definitely feeling better. I get such a crazy rush after a good workout. I'm lovin it!

06-28-08 03:47 PM
    Remember to pace yourself though. Pain is not actually a good thing. Listen to your body and slow down when you need to. I train pretty hard but I remind myself that I am not playing in the NFL. Keep it simple and you will stick with it.
    06-28-08 05:47 PM
    Wanna get rid of the pain? One word....
    Sustanon lol jk. Keep up the good work. Ur gonna be in pain tommorow if not worse on monday, I promise, ur not in shape yet. Eat lots of protein...turkey/grilled chicken is good, eat a lot of it. Try whey protein shakes but go light in the beginning cause ur stomach won't handle it well since your not used to the overload of protein. If your gonna buy a tub of the protein powder mix try to get something with explosive amino acids. I use a particular brand called "maximum protein" that can be found at your local gnc. Don't mix it with milk use water cause ur stomach is gonna hate you in the beginning and its gonna come out the same liquid form as it went in if you know what I mean lol. I can give you tons of help so lemme know. I've been goin hard at the gym the past year and put on about 12 lbs in muscle in the last few weeks. My traps have exploded this month and they look like I have softballs on my shoulders under my t shirt. I'm gettin back to how I used to look during lacrosse season back when I was in high school lol. Man I miss being that young lol...well I'm only 26 so I can still consider myself young right?? hahaha.

06-28-08 06:18 PM
    I noticed my body getting a little stiff last night so I knew this morning would be a little rough but it was a lot better than I thought. I still feel a little stiff/sore but I'm able to walk and move with no major pain.

I'm trying to do my thang....just one step at a time. Don't wanna over do it.

I've actually been doing the protein shakes for a few months now, I use the Fat Free Lactaid Milk. I think I can honestly say that I'm addicted to them.

LOL @ you missing being young...I definitely understand. People think I'm crazy when I say that, I'm 25. I miss the high school days, I didn't have a care or bill in the world. LOL

I always catch myself saying "back in the day" and it seems like it was only yesterday.
    06-29-08 12:51 PM
    whenever u work out remember to do a warm up/cool down and stretch before and after u work out. this will help with soreness a lot. like the other dude said, soreness is cuz of the lactic acid that bulds up when u work out.
    06-29-08 01:16 PM
    Im sure the trainer has him doing burn sets at the end of each set he does. He is on the right path starting out with a trainer cause even if he doesnt stick with the trainer, he can use the trainers regiment and do the workout himself without having to pay the extra money. Id say stick with the trainer for at least a month and learn the various exercises he has you do for each muscle group and then just utilize that info to start your own lifting circuit. I do chest one day, then back, than bi's and tri's, then shoulders, legs and abs and cardio in between all of it. Its good to start out each day with cardio to get your heart rate up before you start lifting. Have the trainer teach you the secondary muscle groups that you end up working out while doing your primary group each day. Thats the beauty of working out...you concentrate on one muscle group, but then you create a bi product of working a second muscle group lightly. It feels great!
    06-29-08 01:22 PM
    it's time for me to start up a new workout routine.. i've been out of commission from a dislocated shoulder...

I love going to the gym late at night when it's empty. It's where I zone out and let go of my stress. Once you find your grove... you'll be hooked. I don't go to the gym to try to look good, I go because it feels good.

Keep it up...
    06-30-08 01:06 PM
    I got homeboy on a regiment...lets see if he sticks to it
    Ive been gettin pm's from people askin for advice so if anyone needs help gimme a shout
    06-30-08 01:56 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD