Hey just a question whats a few exercises I could do at work? Im trying to shed some pounds, so yeah why not use some of my spare time at work.

E
    10-08-08 01:37 AM
    Ok so a while ago I saw this thing in a Sharper Image catalog... its an under-desk stationary bike... well basically its pedals with different resistance levels that will actually sit under your desk. So while you work you can be pedalling away and burning calories... now I dont know how well this works but seeing your inquiry made me think of it. There are some you can find on amazon.com and I am sure other sites. But take a look they may be junk but who knows it might work...
    10-08-08 03:51 AM
    Before you even start on the physical workout, get your daily meals in check. Plus, have you cut down or out your sugar intake as far as what you drink?

Example: I was big on drinkning sodas and sugary drinks. I cut them out and went to water and tea for two weeks and dropped about 10 pounds just by making that change.

Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-08 04:33 AM
    Honestly that has been the hardest part for me. I have been trying to get myself in better shape but soda's help keep me awake in the wee hours before my shift ends.

I just have to buckle down I guess.
    10-08-08 05:25 AM
    Honestly that has been the hardest part for me. I have been trying to get myself in better shape but soda's help keep me awake in the wee hours before my shift ends.

I just have to buckle down I guess.
    OMG.... Don't drink your empty calories and eat them too! Try diet if you can't give up the soda. Its an acquired taste but well worth the change. Eventually you will get use to the taste if you give it a chance. But you must also add water to your diet as well.

Good luck
    10-09-08 07:26 AM
    I was doing really well by replacing soda with iced tea... I just fell out of the habit, I need to get back into it.
    10-09-08 07:32 AM
    Hey just a question whats a few exercises I could do at work? Im trying to shed some pounds, so yeah why not use some of my spare time at work.
    If you have stairs at work, start using them. Not just getting to the floor you work on, but for those breaks, take a few flights of stairs up and down.

If up is easier on your knees do up, if down is easier on your knees do down. At least until doing both ways is not a problem for your knees.

Squats 20 or so, every couple of hours along with the stairs, and you won't need to worry about drinking sodas to keep you awake.

Wall/floor/table/chair push ups. Just make sure if using anything other than the wall or floor, that it's stable and not going to get away from you, ending up with you hurting yourself.

Whatever you do as far as exercise at work DO NOT OVER DO IT. The mistake most people make is.. "I feel great today... I'm going to do a million whatevers, and climb 30 flights of stairs...", then get sore/too sweaty/too out of breath and quit.

Get outside for a little air and a walk (if it's safe) during your shift, at least once a shift. If you can't get outside to walk, at least get out long enough to get some fresh air and eat a piece of fruit. Smokers get smoke breaks, you take a fruit/walk break.

Water, and fruit, water and fruit, water and fruit and did I mention water? Use these in place of the soda.

CJH315 is right, get that diet in check. Start by packing your food with you. Cooler bags, a small cooler, whatever it takes to keep from stopping at the fast food places or vending machines.

Colder months are on the way, if you don't have one, buy a crock pot. Make soups/stews, roasts, beans, what have ya, and pack them to work with you to zap in the microwave or take in one of those thermos deals for meals it will stay hot for hours in a thermos. A hot cup or 3 of home made or low sodium broth helps for those times you think you are hungry, but really not due to habit of snacking.
    10-09-08 07:57 AM
    The great thing about water is you can flavor it with all sorts of things.
    Those sugar free powered drink mixes (if you like them).

Teas, lime/lemon/orange, peppermint oil. Sugar free versions of those coffee/espresso syrups, a few ice cubes and a blender and you have a slushie (sort of depending on the blender).
    10-09-08 08:07 AM
    Yes get the flavor drink mixes! I love them I'm trying to get away from soda I'm huge tea drinker which is good, you will notice big difference when you start drinking water more too. Also if you want to or have to eat out get this book called Calorie King it's great it tell you the calories in just about everything and they even have website too calorieking.com the book cost about 7.00 at barnes and noble
    10-09-08 12:36 PM
    As far as exercise, I walk around the building on my breaks. When it gets too cold to do that, I'll start using the exercise area we have here in the building and getting on the treadmills.
    10-09-08 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD