Hi all I have been working as a software engineer in NYC financial sector for some time...

Now I want to get (preferably an IT related) job that would involve extensive travel around the world... perhaps a new destination back to back every week or month or so...

I am thinking some sort of onsite hardware / software / staff training / maybe even product demonstration+sales if need be...

not sure what jobs and sectors I should be targeting, where I should be searching... whom I should be contacting...

please can anyone advise me on anything at all in regards to this... any insight is very much appreciated...

Thank you...
    09-28-10 08:33 PM
    PS I know that travel+work is very stressful... from eating by your self to no friends to no girlfriend ...
    only sightseeing you do can be from and back to the airport... with no free time
    but I've actually been traveling - backpacking for past 14 months and I think I will fit in well...

if anyone can get me any leads - point me in the right direction - post here or email me at andrei [dot] blackberry [aat] gmail.com
    10-16-10 12:02 PM
    There are communities of people who live this way, they seem to have a nice time. A friend of mine does it, he calls himself a Digital Nomad. There are communities for these sorts of people out there, you should be able to pick up things on Twitter.

His Twitter is UndoLifestyle and so is his blog; he has made many friends doing similar things.

Sometimes they get together and rent out a nice villa in the Philippines or similar and crack on for a couple of months, the rest of the time, they drift around, getting work done and hanging in their groups.

I have a similar type of job in that it allows me to do it anywhere I have a phone signal and internet connection, but I prefer to remain in the town where I live. That said, I do hit the road a lot too; as you say it's lonely at times but traveling with a purpose is far lass daunting I find.

Best of luck!
    10-16-10 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD