Story involves Blackberry and Google Maps

The world is coming to an end!

Woman, hit by car, sues Google for faulty directions | Technically Incorrect - CNET News

I wonder if this means new google maps????
    05-31-10 06:57 PM
    This is sad. How dumb can you be to walk on a road and not realize it is a highway, especially when there are no sidewalks? People sue for anything now. I'm about to sue this woman for suing Google and making the news. Pathetic. Common sense no longer exists.
    05-31-10 07:11 PM
    So it's Googles fault she's stupid? She needs to sue her parents.
    05-31-10 07:16 PM
    sigh
    i seriously fear for the future of the human race :|
    05-31-10 07:46 PM
    I find this actually pretty funny.

How in the world can someone walk from point A to point B and never once look up to see where they are? Looking both way to cross streets? Checking to make sure they were far enough from the path of cars and trucks?

The truth is they can't. So if I'm sitting on that jury, I'm calling BS on her claim of blindly following a map, printed, on a phone screen or otherwise, so closely that she did not pay attention to where she was walking or the type of traffic there was on the road that day.

Even if she never walked that road way before, common sense tells you to pay attention to what you are doing if there are no sidewalks. She better hope there are no people on the jury, who happen to have common sense.
    05-31-10 10:18 PM
    If she wins, I hope she can buy herself a brain...

sigh
    i seriously fear for the future of the human race :|
    So true... and scary...
    05-31-10 10:41 PM
    Well can we give it another go? I swear I can get the job done!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-10 11:19 PM
    That's like the people who's GPS sent them up a logging road last Winter in Oregon where they got stuck in deep snow. How stupid would you have to be to not realize that's not the best route? And usually snow gets progressively deeper...anyone with even 5% of a brain would have turned around before it came to that and gone back to the highway. GPS is a huge help, but it's not stupid proof. I wonder how people like this would have survived before GPS?
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 05-31-10 at 11:28 PM. Reason: oops
    05-31-10 11:28 PM
    Aside from the absurdity of suing Google, what justification does she have for suing the driver? He was driving on a highway road, and she was presumably in the road due to the lack of sidewalk. Even stretching the definition of "at fault" I cannot see how she could blame him.

People amaze me
    06-01-10 03:49 AM
    And we wonder why everything is so expensive...
    06-01-10 10:19 AM
    she's the prime example of why the gene-pool needs a lifeguard!
    how can you follow maps & directions without looking up to see and check the street signs??? the lawyer who took her case should be disbarred!!
    06-01-10 10:31 AM
    She needs this. I know there's a picture of it on a Blackberry:

06-01-10 10:46 AM

I think something like this would only work with an iPad and a steady cam harness to keep it in front of your face all the time. Heck make an iPad box helmet and you never have to see the world around you with your own eyes. That way if she makes another go of it, she can blame screen lag, for her getting run over.
    06-01-10 12:15 PM
    How sad. People are not only losing their common sense, but have no sense of responsibility.
    06-01-10 12:16 PM
    And I'm taking her to court for denting my car with her head.
    06-01-10 12:23 PM
    lol Google Changed The Borders of India And China in Google Map. After the Complaint of Higher Authorities They've Changed it
    06-01-10 09:55 PM
    Maybe she will get an honorable mention for the Darwin Awards; can't win since she didn't completely take herself out.

06-02-10 06:14 AM
    And I'm taking her to court for denting my car with her head.
    And the emotional stress caused by driving a lame rent a car while mine is fixed
    06-02-10 09:40 PM
    lol Google Changed The Borders of India And China in Google Map. After the Complaint of Higher Authorities They've Changed it
    Oh man, as a software engineer you really struck a nerve there.

You know what I mean by locales? Damn, try calling Taiwan a country in China, good luck getting out alive. Want to call Taiwan a part of China when you are there? Good luck getting out alive.

As far as I'm concerned they are a part of China though. I mean, who is going to argue with them?
    06-02-10 10:47 PM
    People are idiots. That's like suing McDonalds for making you fat.
    06-03-10 10:05 AM
    She trying to win "the Great American Lottery" - wait for someone to hurt you/not prevent you from doing something stupid so you can sue them.

06-03-10 11:07 PM

I have that app.
    06-04-10 03:18 AM
    i am very sorry to hear that
    06-08-10 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD