In bra, panties and wheelchair, woman goes through Oklahoma City airport screening this morning
    A woman who passed through security at Oklahoma City's Will Rogers World Airport in a wheelchair and her underwear missed her flight Tuesday, and she said TSA denied her boarding. A TSA spokeswoman wouldn't say if the woman was denied by TSA employees.

A woman who missed her flight at Will Rogers World Airport Tuesday when she showed up in a wheelchair, bra and panties, passed through the airport screening process this morning and has left the city.

In her bra, panties and wheelchair, woman passes through OKC airport screening thumbnail

In her bra, panties and wheelchair, woman passes through OKC airport screening

Dec 1A woman who missed her flight at Will Rogers World Airport Tuesday...
    Photoview all photos
    In bra, panties and wheelchair, woman goes through Oklahoma City airport screening this morning

Tammy Banovac, clad in undergarments and sitting in a wheelchair, failed to pass the Transportation Security Administration screening process Tuesday when security officers detected traces of nitrates on her wheelchair.

Airport spokeswoman Karen Carney said the issue was resolved this morning and Banovac, 52, caught her flight out of the city at 7 a.m. after going through screening without incident.

Banovac did show up at the airport this morning in her wheelchair wearing her bra and panties again, Carney said. But Banovac had a change of clothes that she put on after being screened, Carney said.

She boarded her flight to Phoenix without incident. Carney said Banovac also had a dog with her, who left on the same flight.

Tuesday night Banovac said she chose to wear her underwear because of an unpleasant experience two weeks ago at airport security. She is typically hand-searched at airports because she uses a wheelchair, she said, and she felt violated by the more invasive searches employed at airports recently.

If it happened anywhere else, it would have been sexual assault.

Banovac said she was trying to board a flight to Phoenix on Tuesday when she was pulled aside at security for a more thorough search.

She said TSA employees told her equipment detected traces of nitrates, which are used in bombs, on her clothing and luggage. She said a TSA supervisor told her to leave the airport and come back tomorrow after more than an hour of hand searches and questioning.

Read more: In bra, panties and wheelchair, woman goes through Oklahoma City airport screening this morning | NewsOK.com

Seems kinda ridiculous that the TSA hounds someone in a wheelchair like that. But very creative way to basically tell them to shut up and leave ya alone, and definitely didn't need the body scanner there.
    12-01-10 01:34 PM
    When I fly home, I plan on going through those checkpoints wearing nothing but a sock
    12-01-10 03:38 PM
    When I fly home, I plan on going through those checkpoints wearing nothing but a sock
    Won't your other foot get cold???
    12-01-10 03:42 PM
    Won't your other foot get cold???
    Who said anything about feet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-10 04:05 PM
    After wiping tears from my eyes from laughing so hard, my only thoughts were 1)was she hot(good figure) and 2)hoping that her undies were clean! Just like mommy always told you. This made my day!

12-01-10 05:04 PM
    I like everybody who "exposes" the stupidity of all this security mania... Most of the alleged security does nothing to keep anybody safe...
    12-01-10 06:08 PM
    I'm afraid this will give the TSA the wrong idea! This may soon be adopted procedure for everyone. And there are some folks I would rather not see in their undies!

12-01-10 06:08 PM
    I think this would promote even more more invasive searches, having all on duty employee have a turn. Then they would call in all off duty employees as well.
    12-01-10 06:49 PM
    Wonder if they would have a special line for those women wearing Victorias Secret unders?
    12-02-10 06:49 AM
    Wonder if they would have a special line for those women wearing Victorias Secret unders?
    most women see wearing VS as a right rather than a privilege......remember the spandex craze in the late 80s early 90s? *shivers*
    12-02-10 08:24 AM
    most women see wearing VS as a right rather than a privilege......remember the spandex craze in the late 80s early 90s? *shivers*
    Oh Lawdy, don't make me conjur up images of 327lbs stuffed into size 8 spandex capris... the kind with the foot stirrups so somebody didn't get hurt.

Maybe... one line for the VS hopefuls, and another for those + or - 3% of their BMI. What is the website to apply for TSA jobs?
    12-02-10 08:52 AM
    Heck, why not celebrate the holidays and wear a box!

Last edited by jlb21; 12-02-10 at 09:31 AM.
    12-02-10 09:25 AM
    I don't see what's wrong with the new security measures. I see it as another money saving benefit.

I go to visit my mom in Russia, right? So on the way, while being ensured that the flight will be bomb (but not *****) free I can also get my yearly exam with a free x-ray! So after I've been checked for breast cancer and almost cervical cancer, I hop into the scanner for an overall picture of my body to make sure that everything is where it's supposed to be, no bone problems, no surprise pregnancies and my cardio-vascular system is functioning clot-free. Once I get a green light for health AND safety, I fly to see my mom and bring her the good news of my great health. Do you know how much money I just saved???? This kind of comprehensive exam will cost around $500-$600 without insurance!

People, people, haven't you heard about the new healthcare bill? You need to pay attention. We are in deep deficit, and by combining much needed security needs with healthcare needs - BAM! - no pun intended, we just killed 2 birds with one stone.

Instead of complaining about how invasive the experience is, be thankful they are not charging you for the use of their equipment. Sheesh!
    12-02-10 03:45 PM
    She was actually a very pretty blonde in black lacy underwear.

Apparently, she showed up in a trenchcoat with nothing but underwear underneath.
    12-02-10 03:47 PM
    I'm just waiting until the TSA begin to consult the Kama Sutra in order to conduct the hands on search. I'd go through the line twice, just for that.
    12-02-10 03:52 PM
    She was actually a very pretty blonde in black lacy underwear.

Apparently, she showed up in a trenchcoat with nothing but underwear underneath.
    I love when that happens.
    12-03-10 08:46 AM
    I love when that happens.
    I need to hang out with you, cuz that never happens to me.

12-03-10 04:40 PM
    oh wow nice!!
    12-09-10 12:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD