ok well i had my bottom wisdom teeth out like 2 years ago while my top 2 hid inside of my gums.

i just got my top 2 out a couple of hours ago and i was told by the dentist lady that once i stop bleeding and im fit to eat, i can eat whatever.

so....basically...im stitched up and i know i should be smart and eat soft foods to begin for a couple of days, like soup for instance.

is it ok to have chicken noodle soup? im more interested if its okay to eat the noodles or should i stick to only brothe? or should i ONLY eat/drink cold liquids/foods?
    Last edited by fuller45; 12-30-08 at 08:25 PM.
    12-30-08 08:22 PM
    Noodles should be fine. I ate a soft taco from Taco Bell 6 hours after I got 2 of mine out. Took me 45 minutes to eat 2 soft tacos, lol. Just be sure to keep the cavity clean, and do everything in your power to avoid the dreaded dry socket.

I get my other 2 pulled on January 16th.
    12-30-08 08:29 PM
    Whatever you do, Don't Drink from a straw!!!!!

Eeeek!

I had all 4 taken out at once!

Thank god my aunt is my dentist, she hooked my up with some happy pills!

If it weren't for them, I would have died!

So yea, seriously-

Don't Use Straws and Try not to eat!

If you do eat, only eat bland room temperature, soft foods, preferably soup!
    12-30-08 10:46 PM
    Booooooo!
    I feel for you. Had all four of mine out years ago under General.....three of them were impacted. Not nice.

I didn't really eat for a few days, but when I did it was smooth foods only. My dentist advised nothing with bits really....nothing that can get stuck in the wounds/stitches.

As nasty as it is, keep up the salt-water rinses too...especially after food. It'll help you heal up.

Good luck, get well.
    Hope you like soup and ice-cream?!
    12-31-08 06:19 AM
    Had mine taken out 25 yrs ago... And saltwater helps.
    12-31-08 07:36 AM
    As stated above, do not use a straw (dry socket results). Salt water rinse helps. I do not know how I did it, but I downed a couple of shots of Jim Beam before bed. Try at your own risk.
    12-31-08 08:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD