Someone was curious about wired vs. Wireless charging and the heat being reported. He decided to document his results and posted it on reddit
    "I bought a wireless phone charger. Concerned about reports of overheating, I decided to log the temperature and compare it to a regular USB3.0 charger. [OC] - https://imgur.com/a/FiFS8 via Reddit in Motion"
    Now I guess the question is do different phones handle wireless charging better and does it matter the type of wireless charging you use. Lastly, how bad is the heat for A your phone and B your battery.

 Posted using my powerful BlackBerry Z30 
    07-27-15 07:28 AM
    Unfortunately I have no scientific proof. But I have a Z30 and I use wireless charging at home and at work on two different type charging pads. In the morning, at home, I notice a slightly hotter phone....nothing like after I have loaded a new OS tho and it is downloading all the messages and calendar items. NOTHING as warm as that. I sure hope it's not ruining my battery. Haven't noticed any problems with it
    07-27-15 07:46 AM
    I have been wondering that as well. I have a small disk one that I use to travel with and a another larger candybar shaped one that is closer to the phone dimensions. It is hard to position the phone on the smaller one. It does get a little hotter and I assumed it was because I didn't get the sweet spot. The other one I just drop it on and it charges. Could be that they have different charging circuits (amps/volts). I also have an Otterbox case. I certainly hope there are no ill effects.
    07-27-15 09:34 AM
    Well, what does the Bible say about wireless charging?

Otherwise, good/bad question, no?

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 03:43 PM
    What's the radiation like that's being emitted?
    Is it "healthy"?
    Or are we microwaving ourselves with that thing on our desks?

Any scientific, unbiased data available?
    :-D

  "BBAndr10d Armageddon: Chenisys is uploading in 5,4,3..."  
    07-28-15 12:49 AM
    What's the radiation like that's being emitted?
    Is it "healthy"?
    Or are we microwaving ourselves with that thing on our desks?

Any scientific, unbiased data available?
    :-D

  "BBAndr10d Armageddon: Chenisys is uploading in 5,4,3..."  
    Aluminum is great at blocking unwanted mind rays.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    07-28-15 05:19 AM
    short answer Evil

Wireless Qi charging generates more heat than standard cable charging. Li Ion batteries don't respond well to be hot for extended periods of time thus reducing their ability to hold charge.

Also I've been told that Qi charging takes longer than cable??? So I stick to the trusty cable

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    07-31-15 03:03 PM