Just saw this on Engadget,
    Soon, you'll be able to browse files on your Windows Phone

So Windows doesnt have this feature, which is baked into BB10... and also by reading some of the comments, it seems like Android doesnt have this either??

Feel sorry for them ... BB10 Rocks!!!!
    05-02-14 01:56 PM
    Android has tons of file managers to download. Windows phone does also as far as I know.
    05-02-14 02:01 PM
    Third party apps are a solution but nothing like being baked into the OS IMO.

When you click to save any file from a browser or attachment, being able to save it wherever you want is just awesomely done on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 02:15 PM
    Afaik some Android OEM's have a baked in file manager, although it is mostly only useful for light tasks and unlike our BB10 one can't zip/unzip files and such.
    I can't live without a file manager, it just bugs me a lot when I have to handle file management and don't have a decent file manager to use

Iirc Windows Phone has something like a file manager, but it's very very limited. Something about the architecture of the OS doesn't permit it or something like that.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 02:55 PM
    Yeah android can do it, maybe not natively, as I've always used third party apps. Windows Phone can't because everything is run sandboxed. No good access to files except from the app that made them. You definitely can't see system/program files. They don't want you messing with those and user corrupting the system. I don't think you can do it with iPhone, either, unless you jail break.
    05-02-14 03:03 PM