You can now download WP8.1 (Windows Phone Central | News, Forums, Reviews, Help for Windows Phone for more details). Anyone tinkered with the new update, assuming you have a WP8 phone?

I just installed it on my Lumia 925 and I'm impressed so far. The notification center was MUCH NEEDED and the biggest drawback to the OS. Cortana is clever and much like Siri with a personality. I'm still discovering new things with it but will comment upon further discoveries.
    04-14-14 02:07 PM
    If BlackBerry ever stops making handsets, I think I will be going with a WP. So, it's good to hear you like it.
    04-14-14 02:27 PM
    If BlackBerry ever stops making handsets, I think I will be going with a WP. So, it's good to hear you like it.
    I was an owner of a Q10 and Z10 and LOVED THEM. I sold them last month for a Lumia 925 because of the reasons you are stating. I can always go back to a BB10 phone and may pick up a Z3 when it releases (because I'm still a huge BB10 fan).

The notification center is a BB fan's dream. Is it as good as Peek/Flow? No... But it works so well. I can now swipe down from the top to access notifications no matter where I am in the phone. In playing with Cortana, she works brilliantly and will do just about anything needed.

THIS is what Microsoft needed to play with the big guys and I assume with further updates it will only get better. Overall, it's taken my WP8 experience from good to great!
    middbrew likes this.
    04-14-14 02:36 PM
    Glad to see another OS update... looks good from the reviews.... keeps the other vendors on their toes... can never have too much updating or innovation....
    officially_juju likes this.
    04-14-14 02:47 PM
    Glad to see another OS update... looks good from the reviews.... keeps the other vendors on their toes... can never have too much updating or innovation....
    Have to say that the 8.1 update is quite good. Have it on my Lumia 920. Cortana is very, very good so far and I am still working through what the phone can do with it. I am very impressed with how flawlessly Cortana integrated with the voice control on our Charger (UConnect 4.3) - the speak to text and finding contacts and information through the blue tooth connection was unbelievably accurate. The notification centre works well. I find it much more informative versus the Android notification centre - not nearly as good as the BlackBerry implementation. I wonder what BlackBerry has up their sleeve for 10.3?

Posted via CB10
    officially_juju likes this.
    04-14-14 04:40 PM