Windows 7 was released RC sometime in late January ... 18th I think ... I installed it to a VM using VMWare on the 20th and have been running since.

How many people are running it now ... having good luck? Compared to Vista, how do you feel about the stability? I know there are issues with DM and Windows 7 ... having to do with USB issues ... Anything else? I've noticed that it is far less resource hungry and I haven't had really any stability problems - with the exception of one video issue with the VMWare combination.
    03-27-09 11:15 AM
    I'm running 7, though I never used Vista so I can't do a comparison. However I have never had a better experience with Windows in my life. It has been extremely stable for me and the one or two issues I had (which were just installations that didn't recognize the OS because obviously it isn't official yet) were remedied pretty quick by Windows trouble shooting. I will definitely be purchasing it once it is released.
    03-27-09 11:39 AM
    Have been running it about 3 months now and am enjoying it. It is a lot less resource hungry than Vista, faster to boot, and runs faster. Have had no problems with getting it to recognize hardware and no problems running software on it.
    03-27-09 05:47 PM
    I have it on my mac and pc laptops w/vista. I'm enjoying Windows 7 and will purchace it once it comes out. It will also give me a excuse to buy another laptop. Windows7 also runs great on my netbook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 06:09 PM
    Whats the word on the release date for it?
    03-28-09 10:47 AM
    Been running it since a week after the beta leaked. I never really had any problems with Vista, but Seven is definitely faster and has a lot of thoughtful additions to the taskbar. My only regret is that Seven broke GRUB when it installed, and I've had zero success editing the config file to get it working again.
    03-28-09 11:17 AM
    I'm using it and loving, I've instaled in two notebooks I have, use far less memory and was faster in my Note than my old XP.It finds all the driver fast and easy. I will buy the software once is released.

03-29-09 05:18 AM
    For those who didn't have problems with Vista, I envy you...

Vista x64 Ultimate toasted my (this is no "ordinary" box, dual xeon/16gb RAM/4x300GB SAS...) office machine, on the upgrade to SP1. More specifically, it was writing registry keys pre-boot and errors, completely bombing the registry. Thankfully (or, not so much), Microsoft's error message was very complete - no workaround, no fix, just format it. Since then, I've been running Ubuntu with virtual machines; That way if (or when) Windows bombs, I still have a machine I can use without being down an extra day.
    03-30-09 08:47 AM
    I really had no problems with Vista, but I do find Windows 7 to be much nicer. Probably the smoothest running beta I have ever tried. As long as they don't screw around with it too much Microsoft has a real winner on their hands here. I will probably buy it when it comes out.
    03-30-09 02:26 PM
    I will likely jump on W7 when it goes gold.
    03-30-09 03:31 PM
    I've seen some people no able to upgrade their phone while using it.. But hopefully that's just beta..

03-31-09 04:40 AM
    im patiently waiting for windows 7 to release also. from what i hear from my IT friends.... its basically what vista was meant to be.

last i read was that microsoft was still planning for a 2009 public release. we'll see if that happens. they still got time.
    03-31-09 05:53 AM
    im running 7 on one of my laptops ....its nice but then again its a windows program ...im biased now that i have become a Mac user
    03-31-09 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD