A little bit anyways, it's a nice tablet a dell 8 pro refurbished (looks brand new). But the ui is awkward to navigate and screens and options pop out of nowhere. I like the desktop option as I like win7 but it's not very practical for an 8" tablet.

I'll hack it out as I'm sure i'll get the swing of it but it's the first time probably ever I bought a computer device and felt a little disappointed instead of mildly pumped up.

I do really appreciate the clear and at least to me logical layout and ui of BlackBerry 10, I know it doesn't have all the features of windows but I understand now when people say it's quick and efficient.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 08:13 PM
    As with any OS, there are good points and bad. I like the live tile, gesture based Metro/Modern interface in 8.1 for touchscreen devices. I don't like it for laptops/desktops. MS should have allowed you to install one or the other as they will in Windows 10. It would have cut down the footprint of the OS as it barely fits on a mobile device with 32 gb storage. You will get used to the gestures and charms, believe me. They are kind of like BB10, e.g. throwing away apps off the screen and peeking/pulling down app config menu from the side/ top.
    01-29-15 07:14 AM
    Your right there is an adjustment period. I'm going to try and force myself to use the metro tile system more and not just constantly switch to the desktop when I'm trying to get something done.

I think ultimately on these smaller screens the tile system is better.

On a side note, I purchased the blue touch pad app from BBW. That's a handy way to use your phone as a keyboard and trackpad for your tablet

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 07:38 AM