According to two reports I've read, the 9900 supposedly will launch at the end of this year or early 2008. When it does, will you keep what you have or purchase the 9900?

I want to purchase the 9900 even though the 9100 is suppose to be the ultimate BlackBerry but I know I would want to see at least 3 people in this forum rave about how great it is before I purchase it. Cell companies have said to me in the past that you can always go back to the device you have currently, if you purchase one and dislike it, as long as it is within 30 days. That being said, maybe just maybe I would just go for it........but you won't see me waiting in any long lines like they did for the iphone or anything that first launches. Cell companies usually overnight the device anyway so I can wait a day or two.

Even though it is a little bit premature, I would love to hear your feedback. I am always planning ahead with everything I do. I know it's probably bad but I'm working on it.

Gia
    Last edited by Giavanna; 07-17-07 at 08:04 PM.
    07-17-07 07:05 PM
    I am not at liberty to say who, because then the current boyfriend would leave me in a Manhattan minute, but a friend of his who has connections high up told him that the 9 series will make its debut either late this year or some time in 2008............rumors are true and not a myth.
    Last edited by Giavanna; 07-17-07 at 08:06 PM.
    07-17-07 07:16 PM
    It would be cool to see the 9 series this year, I currently have an 8800 and would like to know what the 9 series would offer.
    07-17-07 08:46 PM
    Gia,

I will take whatever new BB Sprint carries as long as it has a full qwerty keyboard. No suretype for me!

SammyB
    07-17-07 08:49 PM
    Giavanna, do you think that Verizon is getting the 9-series??? I just left Verizon two weeks ago, after being with them for more than a decade, because of horrible customer service when my 8703e broke, plus their continual foot-dragging over getting new devices, like the Curve.

I don't know about running out to buy the 9100/9900 right away. I'll probably want one! I just got the new Curve that everyone was raving about, only to discover belatedly that there's all kinds of memory/battery issues. Then again, its better than my 8703e in many respects. Sort of two steps forward, one step back.
    07-17-07 08:58 PM
    I really wanted the Curve, but I was going crazy wanting to upgrade from my 7250 and the newest model Sprint is carrying is the 8830.

SammyB
    07-17-07 09:04 PM
    Cosmopolitan,

Unfortunately, I really don't know which carrier will be the first to carry the 9 series. But if I find out in the future who will, I promise I will post it in the forum andr send you a private message in case you miss the thread.

I don't think one carrier will carry it exclusively. Only time will tell.

I'm with you SammyB.........I only want a full qwerty keyboard too. For me, no matter how great a BB would be, it has to have that feature.

Gia
    Last edited by Giavanna; 07-17-07 at 10:34 PM.
    07-17-07 10:31 PM
    I can't tell you what I would buy until I know what it has to offer.

But... if someone wants to send me something to test and review... I'm always happy to help out
    07-17-07 11:39 PM
    Can't say for sure - in the past I would have said a very fast yes...however, I have learned a little bitty during this process Wait to see details.

All demo units to KASPER for testing and reviews!
    07-17-07 11:48 PM
    I'm so tempted to close this thread. I feel we're talking about something that no one here has a clue about, yet...

Now, don't get more wrong, am all about the latest and greatest, but, can we at least get a photo or something first, before we dig too deep into a conversation like this?
    07-18-07 06:59 AM
    Listen Ivan, I understand fully where you are coming from. I don't have a photo and I probably should not have posted about having the info that I do have because my significant other would never forgive me........it was told to me in confidence. If per chance I am able to obtain a photo, which would be so cool, I will post it.

Gia
    Last edited by Giavanna; 07-18-07 at 10:22 AM.
    07-18-07 08:35 AM
    wifi, 3G, cam, GPS, qwerty is what I want my next BB to be.. so if that happens to be a 9100 or 9900, I'm there...
    07-22-07 04:39 AM
    Fatreg,

I do hope that the 9 series has a full qwerty keyboard otherwise as much I would love to try a newer device, the suretype is not for me not matter how fabulous the device would be. Only time will tell. Hopefully soon. I would love to give myself that device as a Christmas gift. 2008 is too far off.........patience is not one of my better virtues.........especially when it comes to gadgets and toys. lol

Gia
    Last edited by Giavanna; 07-22-07 at 11:34 AM.
    07-22-07 11:31 AM
    I have had my 8703e for less then 2 months and I am already excited about the rumor that Alltel is getting the 8830. Already trying to figure out how I can justify that purchase. So yes, if the 9100 or 9900 series comes to Alltel, or if my contract finally times out, I would be all over the newest BB.
    07-22-07 03:53 PM
    Me too MiniBB. I've had my BlackBerry 8703e for a short time well it's been longer than you about 5 months but still I'm excited about getting something new already. I'm not waiting the 2 years so I get a discount on the phone. I will say that when I get a newer model that it's an early Christmas gift to myself. That's how I will justify it. lol

Gia
    Last edited by Giavanna; 07-22-07 at 05:33 PM.
    07-22-07 04:08 PM
    Hi Gia -

Is Verizon a CDMA or GSM carrier?
    My carrier - Alltel - is a CDMA. We get great reception in our area on both voice and data. Unfortunately, they don't get the new, cool BB's, nor do we have the option of buying an unlocked BB to use on their network.
    If I could use an unlocked BB, I would be thrilled. Can't even imagine how much fun it would be to have a Curve.
    07-22-07 04:41 PM
    MiniBB,

Verizon is a CDMA carrier.

I believe Sprint is a GSM carrier but I'm not 100% sure.

Gia
    07-22-07 06:08 PM
    I just want a new one for Verizon. Curve or the Pearl and I will be happy. Curve would be my preference though. I would like to get the 8830, but it is just too expensive at full retail for me. Especially since I won't be using it overseas.
    07-22-07 06:41 PM
    Trevorhiller,

Is this true that certain BB's are exclusive to certain carriers? Do you think there's any truth to that? I think all BB's should be available across the board to every carrier and what should separate one carrier from the next should be outstanding customer service, good reception, coverage etc.... It shouldn't be that one carrier exclusively has a certain BB model. Well that's just my opinion.

Gia
    07-22-07 06:51 PM
    Well, it is true that some are exclusive. But that is usually only temporarily. Eventually all the exclusivity deals end and the device is opened to other carriers. Some exclusivity contracts are longer than other though. The problem with Verizon is that Qualcomm makes all the CDMA chips. So they have to make the chips for every device Verizon has which takes the device longer to develope. This usually results in Verizon getting new devices (especially bbs) much later (months or even years) after other GSM carriers. Being on Verizon is good and bad all at once. The good is the EVDO.
    07-22-07 07:08 PM
    For my area Verizon works best. I learned the hard way when 8 years ago I tried other carriers just because of the phone they were offering, it lured me into switching carriers but in the end it wasn't worth it. The customer service was poor and the reception was bad. It's like having a Ferrari but having bad mechanics. What's the sense of having it, if you can't enjoy it all the way. So the last 8 years I have had Verizon and thankfully it's been great all the way around..........device, service and reception great.

Gia
    Last edited by Giavanna; 08-08-07 at 06:49 PM.
    07-22-07 07:20 PM
    My husband travels quite a bit in and around our state. Being able to make or receive a call up on the Navajo Reservation or down in Tucson is one of our highest priorities.

Many years ago, AT&T had the best coverage in Arizona. You could be in the middle of Nowheresville and make calls, then they changed to the GSM network and they have never been the same.

I do miss having access to the really cool new devices that GSM carriers get.
    07-22-07 07:49 PM
    MiniBB,

Verizon is a CDMA carrier.

I believe Sprint is a GSM carrier but I'm not 100% sure.

Gia
    I just switched from Sprint (which is CDMA) to AT&T (GSM) to get my Curve and I was not happy at all with their customer service. My paperweight (Razr) would turn itself off two or three times a day and I only had the phone five months. So far I am much happier with the Curve and AT&T.
    07-22-07 10:07 PM
    ooooh... too true Giavanna.. suretype really isn't for me either, i used it on a 7100 and on a pearl and it is not the easiest thing to do, I also use the shortcuts on my 8700 K, L, D etc etc and they don't work on suretype..

I can live with Q1 08 but much longer than that and I don't know.. I already have a Nokia E61i on it's way to me, but the lack of BB messenger is putting me off greatly....
    07-23-07 12:48 AM
    Back on topic - I don't think I'll buy the 9000 series until I see what it offers. So far I'm really content with my Curve along with its data plan. All I need is JiveTalk, email, and text messaging. As far as I'm concerned, the type of network the 9* generation has will probably be the deciding factor for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-07 08:23 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD