So RIM bought this company two years ago, they have the Playbook now which would be a cool nav platform, and some phones coming out with some HP to run good software and still nothing! Why did you purchase this company RIM? Are you going to wait for Apple to buy Garmin or TomTom, or just come up with their own app before making use of Dash acquisition? Lot of wasted IP.
    06-05-11 07:33 PM
    So RIM bought this company two years ago, they have the Playbook now which would be a cool nav platform, and some phones coming out with some HP to run good software and still nothing! Why did you purchase this company RIM? Are you going to wait for Apple to buy Garmin or TomTom, or just come up with their own app before making use of Dash acquisition? Lot of wasted IP.
    I have asked more or less the same question for the last two years and never got a proper answer.
    Let me know what you end up with. Would be could to end with something from the purchase

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-11 05:12 AM
    I have no idea why this was moved out of the general discussion because it is about a purchase RIM made and about BB. How it fits in Cyber Cafe Off Topic Discussion is beyond me. Guess the mods wanted it to die a quick death!
    06-06-11 08:50 AM
    I don't think I could get a PlayBook to stay up on my dash for navigation without some duct tape.
    06-06-11 10:51 AM
    I agree with u guys. I have been asking this for so long and it never gets answered. This is a feature I'm sure many are waiting on and it would've been highly appreciated. I would love to use my playbook as a navigation device as well. The purchase was made 2 years ago so u just would think something would have come of it buy now.

Mayb they're waiting for the QNX handheld before introducing somethin like that.....but with the recent talk about Bing being integrated into the OS it almost doesn't seem like its gonna happen now...
    06-19-11 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD