04-22-11 10:25 PM
71 123
    Everyman and his dog were going on about the iphone and it didn't really impress me all that much.I work in IT and I wanted something a little more professional. I had a 7100g but no BIS plan so my first real one was when the Bold 9000 was released. Since then I have journeyed to android, Maemo and an iphone but now I am back on BB with a storm and have a torch on the way. I don't think I will ever leave BB again.
    01-09-11 05:56 PM
    Got my 1st BB (an 8310) because I don't have a pc at home & needed something with basic internet capability beyond a dumbphone & it was waaaay less expensive than buying a pc or laptop . My sister used to work for Nextel & even tho she's a Palm fan, she was impressed with Blackberry & suggested that would be what I'd like. I fell in love & have turned my 13 yr old son into a BB & Crackberry fanatic who is now dreaming of saving up for his 1st BB lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 09:26 PM
    My husband bought himself a used/second hand Bold 9000 from eBay last June. He'd wanted a BB for a very long time. Of course, I had to play around with it and found it way better than the phone I was using at the time (a Nokia 5800). It was love at first touch of the Qwerty keyboard.

In July, I got myself one from the same ebay store. Virgin Mobile UK don't support the 9000-and I still had 5 months to run on my contract-so I couldn't get a BB dataplan for it. In spite of that, I still thought it was the best phone I'd ever had (and I've had many phones!.I knew that I wanted to stick with BB. Four days ago I received my brand new Torch, complete with a BB dataplan.. I'm just learning my way around the Torch, but so far I really, really like it too.

My husband, on the other hand, has decided that BB isn't for him and now has a Nokia N8. Each to his (or her) own, I suppose.
    01-11-11 09:42 PM
    Really needed a reliable mobile internet device, because after 3 months of only being able to get online with a portable gaming device I couldn't take it any more. Did some research because it had to be somethOiing cheap and prepaid. After looking into it for a while their was only 2 options for a smartphone I could go with. Boosts curve or VM curve. Having owned 2 low end phones from VM already the choice wasn't that hard to make. Sure I had to pay twice as much for the phone, but the lower monthly payments makes up for it.

02-06-11 08:24 AM
    was given a blackberry 8310 as a work phone along with my normal samsung d500(remember this one)

when my upgrade was due i got rid of my work phone and got an 8310 for myself and used it as a dual purpose phone, i am now currently on a 9700 os6 awaitng my upgrade, a have never looked back and never will

by the way i loved the 8310
    02-14-11 07:33 AM
    also like to add, its not fun BBMing work collegues all the time, so glad all my close friends use bbm now which is about 14 of us and now my fiancee is more addicted than me
    02-14-11 07:38 AM
    I didn't buy it.. My sister gave it to me for my 17th birthday(bold 9000) then my addiction began.. Now I'm on my bold 9650 and still love blackberry. And won't go to any other platform. Especially android and apple.

02-15-11 03:59 AM
    Because I saw it in a movie (i already saw blackberries before of course!!) and i just fell in love with it... & i still love it!!!
    02-16-11 05:44 AM
    I got tired of my iPhone 2G in autumn so I switched my iPhone for a Curve 8530 for a month with a friend and liked it a lot. So I bought my Bold 9700, because iPhone got slow, I got tired of it and I needed something new and better.
    02-17-11 07:04 AM
    It was given to me from my cousin, he wasn't using it and I didn't have a phone at the time I had just left T-mobile and gave my Sidekick LX to my nephew. The rest is history ^_^.
    02-28-11 11:14 PM
    I started off with an iPhone, loved my iphone at the time, but i ended up breaking it and eventually switched providers, then i went to the motorola droid (the first one) and had that for a little while before, again, breaking it. Then i figured id try a blackberry, and the blackberry blows the iphone and droid out of the water. It does excatly what i need it to do, i HATE the android OS, iphone aint to bad, but blackberry is where its at.
    03-16-11 01:32 AM
    Lots of my familiy members live in overseas and they all use . Start using my first eva blackberry unit since 3 weeks ago.

03-16-11 07:02 AM
    At the time, my ex gf was suppose to be going overseas in the army and we would have needed a cheap way of communicating so bbm was the answer
    At the time the iphone had the whole anteannegate thing going on and I was not going to niy into a company like that.
    Droid was too new for me and I really didn't know enough about them. I thing the droid that I was looking at the time was the samsung captivate.
    Blackberry are argueably the first smartphones. They gave us the qwerty keyboard and instant email notifications. I am a business man and a lot of professionals use bb's so why not role with the original smartphone.

04-17-11 10:30 AM
    Mostly that. I checked out the Android stuff and decided I did not want to charge my phone 3 times a day lol. Glad I chose BlackBerry. I use BBM with family as well, the calendaring and a few mobile apps.
    04-17-11 10:47 AM
    remote email

04-17-11 11:05 AM
    Wanted a better phone than the mythic, it would always freeze on me and my brother had a bold and I loved so I got a bold too and loving it. He, on the other hand, switched to the "dark side"...to the Iphone

04-17-11 11:18 AM
    Back then I was on the Telus iden network with PTT. My friend (who works at RIM) told me to get one. He promised I'd love it. Guess he wasn't wrong

I actually got it because I was tired of reading emails and replying via T9 text input

whodathunk it would turn into a lifestyle AND blog too :s

Still having fun though!
    04-17-11 01:39 PM
    I think it all started because of my friend was always on msn from her berry, and my other friend kept bragging about his Berry. Apart from they just seemed more and more tempting to get, so I got one, went to Android to a couple androids for some odd reason, ran screaming back to my Blackberry. I am a faithful Crackberry user now
    04-17-11 04:50 PM
    Back when I got my first Blackberry, they were really the ONLY smartphone out there. Am I dating myself? I had plenty of time to learn to appreciate them before anything else even thought of coming out. Needless to say, I will always have a special place in my heart for them even if my eye tends to wander at times.
    04-18-11 10:42 AM
    I got tired of lag
    04-21-11 04:58 AM
    I was looking for a new fone and the 8300 was just released and I thought why not. I didn't really know at tht time abt Blackberry lol

04-22-11 10:25 PM
71 123