04-22-11 10:25 PM
71 123
tools
    Two words...battery life.

Turns out I fell in love with the OS. Very functional.
    11-09-10 09:58 PM
    My reason was for better internet and texting ability. Now, I'm a crackberry addict and waiting for the men in white suits to take me away!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-10 05:40 PM
    I need it for work, it was practically shoved on my face. I was cringing with the idea of having to hold one. But I fell in love with it. It's very practical.
    11-10-10 06:04 PM
    My (ex) best friend had one and she was telling me about it. I was so amazed by the email feature, I had to get one and I never regretted it.
    11-12-10 11:19 AM
    I got mine just a few months ago. I used to just turn wrenches and now I am the parts manager too. Instead of having to go get a camera and cable and then have to do that whole thing, I can now do it all from my BB. Very useful tool for me. Especially since I am in the field a lot. Makes parts id easy and painless. And since most companies now want to do warranty work via email, I can do it right at the job site or my bench. It has made my professional life much easier. I love my BB.
    11-13-10 06:38 AM
    i thought it was "cool" haha. my brother got a s1 and i started looking into them. i also wanted a phone with a browser and email. played with the 8330 at the store and fell in love pretty much
    11-13-10 06:46 PM
    Was travelling overseas and could not use the other smartphones because it was expensive. ATT told me blackberry's had a fix price program. Within two weeks got my wife one.
    11-13-10 07:11 PM
    Started with a work BB. I went to a work conference in Florida 3 years ago and a group of us that went down were having loads of fun and BBM'ing each other and the folks at work back home. Well needless to say, when I found out that this could be seen by the Company, about 10 of us immediately went out and bought a BB curve at the same time for personal use. I have been a dedicated BB user ever since, and still have my job and two Blackberrys.
    11-14-10 09:04 AM
    Really wanted a smartphone and had heard good things about blackberries. Now I'm hooked and I'll never go to anything else!!
    11-14-10 11:38 AM
    got tired of touch screens so i thought of going back to full qwerty..and bold 9700 was the best there was so no second thought of trying my first BB..and so far loving it..
    11-18-10 02:30 PM
    My first Blackberry was a gift from my now
    favorite aunt. I was really excited when I
    got it and I have been hooked on Blackberry
    ever since.
    11-19-10 12:43 AM
    An attorney bought a new one and offered me his old device. I supported the BES (actually they all used Desktop redirection, upon further thought) but didn't have one of my own and he knew I was an addict even back then. He had to write a letter to RIM releasing the device before I could register for the service with Mobitex. They weren't even phones back then, just data and it was still $45/mo.

(Yes, that's a serial cable connection)
    Last edited by TheScionicMan; 11-19-10 at 01:13 AM.
    11-19-10 01:11 AM
    I got mine cuz BlackBerry is the sexy!

Ever since always I can remember that BlackBerrys caught my eye. Started off with the original pearl then the curve 83xx. Long story is the bold 9000 made me feel sorry I got my iphone but with the 9700 I will never buy another phone again. Now I'm a 22 year old entreprenuer with a sexy, functional phone. I should be in a BlackBerry commercial someday.

11-19-10 03:05 AM
    A few years back my sister and her husband were BB users. Very slick and pretty and I liked how it worked. Ever since then, I've been wanting a Blackberry so when it was time to change my phone, I got one. Very happy with my Curve!
    11-19-10 04:13 AM
    I volunteered on a municipal election campaign this fall and noticed that everyone single person used a Blackberry, even the teenagers. It made me feel behind-the-times and, somehow, amateurish. Earlier this month, when my operator offered a great data inclusive plan, I jumped on it and a bogo Berry sale.
    12-18-10 03:40 PM
    Got my first one at a Sprint store, probably will never buy there again. Got the last one from CrackBerry
    12-19-10 06:56 PM
    I like all the buttons....
    12-22-10 08:21 AM
    Because as far as I was concerned, The 8900 was new, but the 8100 was the coolest looking little phone I could get my hands on back in 2008.
    12-25-10 03:15 PM
    I was intrigued by my friends Motorola Q. I liked the function of it, but wasn't totally sold on Windows Mobile. A few years earlier, my wife had an 8100 on a BES for a company that she worked for. She liked it alot, but I honestly hated it. A few years later, I got the 8130, only because we were on Verizon, and it was small. Didn't want a huge phone. I ended up with just about every BB offered on Verizon, and then moved to AT&T, where I now have another BB.

I have tried just about every OS out there, and I keep coming back to BB. I will not be leaving again.
    12-25-10 06:06 PM
    My first purchased blackberry was the Curve 8320, The reason I purchased it because I heard a lot of good things about it, battery life, functionality, push e-mail so I decided to get me one and was hooked ever since. Recently got myself a 9300 and I am really loving it.

Had a few blackberries in between and I even just used a 8700 for the **** of it to see what a "classic" bb would be like.
    12-27-10 09:05 AM
    My first BB was the 8820. I lost my phone and seen it on ebay. Didnt know much about BB's back then but all my friends were like "errr what is that?" and years later its the biggest hype ever.
    12-27-10 12:22 PM
    Two years ago was flipping through a magazine and saw a white Pearl with a pink henna markings and the middle of the keyboard was pink as well. Haha! I'm such a sucker for Pink, I needed a new phone, (my 2 besties had BBs), wanted better Internet and texting abilities and the phone was available through my carrier AT&T. So I got it.

Now it's 2 years later and my 2nd BB is the White Torch, and so far I'm really loving it
    01-04-11 10:25 PM
    Because I'm a cripple and spend a lot of time in bed,I love my
    Berry 9000Bold
    Came with the wheelchair start-up kit including a handgun and
    A standard mouse cat
    Last edited by johnstruck; 01-06-11 at 06:48 AM.
    01-05-11 04:30 AM
    Why I got my first BB?

Well, it happens as I feel my old Samsung Omnia isn't doing me good. Trying hard to decide iPhone vs Android vs BlackBerry. Believe me when I tell you that I actualyl dislike BB in the past. For some reason, I read more on BB and start to get attracted to it.

Ended up I get my BB due to i love the calender and getting myself more organized. Never regretted it!
    01-05-11 02:43 PM
    The answer here is quite simple, once I got the girlfriend a smart-phone for her birthday I simply could not bare to even look at my old Samsung pos. I had to have a new phone, after playing with a few of them I knew this was the one for me .

Since then I don't think that I have put it down and I have even started to have beautiful dreams where it knows the password to my heart and never needs more than one attempt.

01-09-11 03:25 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD