04-22-11 10:25 PM
71 123
tools
    Well the title says it all really. Why did you purchase your first blackberry?

For me I decided to get it because it was the only decently priced data phone that I could find, and it looked fancy. Also with the stereotype that blackberry's are only for professionals/"businessy" people, I thought that when I went to an interview I could whip it out and maybe they would see i mean business

Anyone else?
    10-24-10 09:20 PM
    I need a smart phone because I need the calendar. I was trying WinMo and after 3 of them I was so frustrated with the OS. To me it was junk.

So I walked into AT&T and asked for an iPhone and the manager asked me why I wanted one. I told her I just wanted something other than WinMo. She showed me her 9700 and after playing with it I thought I'd give it a shot.

After 7 months, I would never purchase anything else. This OS is smoothe, functional not to mention cross-functional and just a breeze.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-10 09:29 PM
    i was using a Blackberry Curve ( work issued) for a long time..
    so when the time is up for a renewal for my contract, i went for the Torch..
    and by the way, i got tired of the Apple iphones.
    10-24-10 09:33 PM
    I was forced by my dad.

Then I got addicted and he wants to take it away now. Hahahaa.

10-24-10 09:36 PM
    I knew someone who had a Curve 8320, which I fell in love with.
    I was originally going to get the Pearl 8130, but then I got a Curve 8330, which then I pre-ordered a S1 and returned my 8330.
    10-24-10 09:39 PM
    I just got my 9650 and I am in love with it haha.
    10-24-10 09:44 PM
    Unlimited data was released, and it was the only upgrade Bell would give me for free.

10-24-10 09:49 PM
    I was on Mike about 3 years ago and lost my phone, and the only upgrade I could get was a 7100i, and I've been hooked since.

10-24-10 09:55 PM
    I originally got my blackberry because my dad wanted to keep in touch via bbm when he left for UAE last year. Now , because of the bb ban its kinda pointless for that reason but I use it more like a computer now

10-24-10 10:04 PM
    I was told I could get an upgrade and at the time the Blackberry was starting to gain popularity but wasn't a big deal. I thought they looked good so I got it. 50 bucks for the 8320. Since then i've had 4 different models of phones and bought the Torch today.
    10-24-10 10:28 PM
    I wanted more than just a cell phone and having had sold wireless for a few years I finally decided to get a BB. I enjoyed selling them and now you can't get me away from it. It has saved me more times than I can count. I wish my "new" laptop was as reliable as my BB. It has made my life a lot easier !
    10-24-10 10:41 PM
    The keyboard, then found all the other great things about it.
    10-24-10 10:48 PM
    Played with my singers blackberry and hooked myself right away...everything else was a blur after that lol.

10-24-10 10:55 PM
    I originally got my blackberry because my dad wanted to keep in touch via bbm when he left for UAE last year. Now , because of the bb ban its kinda pointless for that reason but I use it more like a computer now

FYI blackberry is not banned in the UAE.
    10-25-10 01:15 AM
    I got mine about 3 days ago because i got bored of my iphone! And im still impressed...lol
    10-25-10 05:34 AM
    After carrying two devices (phone and Palm) for a few years I got hooked after playing with my neighbor's new Curve 8330 a few years ago.
    10-25-10 05:52 AM
    Im a big tech head. Wanted to try a Blackberry out as everyone was raving about them
    10-25-10 09:26 AM
    I'm a huge nerd when it comes to technology...among other things as well, but that's not the point of this thread xD

I've always liked Blackberry phones. The design, the durability, the apps, everything about them. Since I tend to be on the go with work and errands and whatnot, it's a good phone for emails, social networking, etc. Not to mention it's shiny....oooohhh shiny!
    10-25-10 09:57 AM
    I first purchased one of the older Blackberry Pearls because I loved the trackpad, keyboard and the features it had.
    10-25-10 10:12 AM
    Just because of keyboard. Messaging on normal phone was real nightmare for me so I usually didn't answer them (bit rude, I know but one message took me always few minutes) Week before BB i bought on eBay phone with touch screen and messaging was disaster too. Then I tried BB and felt in love with this phone. Immediately. Now I'm sending daily more messages then I sent in few months before ... And finally ... I am answering most of received messages now
    10-25-10 10:50 AM
    Well, it was all i needed.

A good calender, a QWERTY keyboard, push mails, connected to my social network accounts, ...

I always loved the devices, the style, the trackpad, etc.
    When i first saw the Bold 9700, i fell in love lol

So i switched from my iPhone to Blackberry, and ill keep that .
    10-25-10 10:55 AM
    Went from WinMo phones on Sprint to the Palm Pre - love the OS but the hardware was terrible. Switched to Android on a HTC Hero and love the OS there too, especially all the apps. However, the Hero had terrible lag to the point where I missed calls all the time.

Using a really old Curve for work and I love it as a messaging device and phone. I have an iPad and realized I need a good, solid working phone.

Sprint had the Tour refurbs for $80 so I jumped on it.

Love it.
    10-26-10 02:49 PM
    Knew for my first phone I wanted a prepaid smartphone and my 8530 was only 'decent' one available.

I had a bias before purchase that BBs were very old school, strictly business and clinical. Turns out these facts are partly why I love it.

Other phones are faster and have more glitz but my BB gets the job done super efficiently. Shortcut keys FTW.
    10-28-10 08:44 AM
    Never wanted to touch a non-QWERTY phone again.
    10-28-10 10:48 AM
    It came with the job, never had one before, only cell phones. Now I would have a lot of difficulties working without one.
    11-09-10 01:09 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD