Why you should think twice about buying a new BlackBerry....see below link...

Why you should think twice about buying a new BlackBerry | Wireless - CNET News
    08-03-11 08:38 PM
    I'll be buying the 9900 to pair with my playbook which I couldn't love more. You...might want to move on to a different platform though.
    08-03-11 08:44 PM
    True QNX is coming soon but... Blackberry is the company for putting their top priority of making the phone and communication/battery and all other stuff second.

Android/iphone put their top priorities in making apps and a fancy gadget. They put making a phone for communication/important stuff like battery second. Yes I know the iphone 4 has gotten a better battery life but only for the iphone 4.

And what if your not alive by the time QNX come around (whenever it does) I know that sounds morbid lol. So I say buy a new Berry today and live it up because there's always gonna be something better out there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-11 08:50 PM
    Why you should think twice about buying a new BlackBerry....see below link...

Why you should think twice about buying a new BlackBerry | Wireless - CNET News
    thought it amazing that almost all those commenting on the CNet site blasted the writer. I didn't find his article very well written either, and was lacking any real substance to back up his 'claims.' Personally, I love my Torch and my PlayBook. I enjoyed both my Storm and my Storm 2. Had I wanted a phone to surf the web with, and play games with, then I probably would have gone with Android, but I need a phone that 'works' for me. I use my laptop and PlayBook for surfing, and both eat up surfing on a phone (my opinion).
    Alpha Omega likes this.
    08-03-11 08:58 PM
    WOW this guy beat me to posting this article. but to be honest i dont know if you are agreeing or disagreeing with the "commentary". But for everyone else who reads this "commentary" keep in mind this ***** admits he hasn't even tried the phone out yet. How can you possibly try to give a "commentary" on something you havent tried yet. Are you serious, how can a "professional" writer give an opinion about a device he hasnt tried yet. Even if its not a direct review about the product, how can you title an article "Why you should think twice about buying a blackberry" thats obviously a direct shot at the device and the company. this is complete bogus, not from a RIM fan boy point, but from common sense... this guy is an *****!
    08-03-11 09:10 PM
    Now, even thought I haven't had the opportunity to drive any of the new Lambo's....

Wow! I can seem as authoritative as this idjit.
    08-03-11 09:34 PM
    And YOU op should think twice about posting cnet articles.

Jake Storm likes this.
    08-03-11 09:37 PM
    The writer's definitely an assclown. He writes like any of the anti-RIM trolls who post here. I'm surprised he wasn't bringing up "market share" as a reason not to go with RIM.

Jake Storm and johnmarki like this.
    08-03-11 10:35 PM
    What was the point to this article? This guy was just basically talking sh*t about BlackBerry. He said himself that he hasn't even tried them out. If you don't like BlackBerry keep the opinions to yourself, please.
    RoseBud68, menaknow and Jake Storm like this.
    08-03-11 11:00 PM
    When I get the fedi the 9930 is mine! I don't care for qnx. Who knows when they will offer a form factor similar to the bold. EVO and 9930.

08-03-11 11:21 PM
    Quote from the article:

If customers buy a BlackBerry now, they're left with an operating system that will be out of date halfway through their two-year contract.
    I won't argue on semantics, particularly "out of date", but personally I cannot believe how I was left in the dust twice. The S2 didn't get the OS6 upgrade, and 9780 is not getting OS7. Knowing that the the new phones are NOT getting QNX, I don't even need to think twice about buying a new BB - I'll just avoid one.

To me it was a bad time to buy BB devices for the past two years. RIM is clearly in a big transition, as evident in the "surprise" that the S2 didn't have enough memory for OS6, and that OS6.1 originally intended for 9780/9800 became OS7 and the two phones were left in the dust again. Do I need the OS upgrades? With the high premium I pay for BB phones which didn't even have a half-decent browser to boot with, I would say yes. In order to get a faster browser I had to buy a new device, at a high premium again. Other companies are rolling out updates to improve their browsers and OS speed for free. I mean, $500 for a better browser?

Based on the enthusiasm that the CB community is receiving the new handphones with, it shows how antiquated the old (mind you, just released less than a year ago) 9780/9800 devices are. If the previous phones are good enough then I should expect a nonchalant response from the CB community towards the new releases. I find the hypocrisy absurd, that before the new phones are out BB users are saying "it just works", "it's good enough for me", or the best line "BB phones don't need a 1ghz CPU to be fast". Now some of the same people are ready to trade a liver for these new phones.
    K Bear likes this.
    08-04-11 12:11 AM
    I agree with "DG" like really the phones are cool but, they are really pricey and should've came out a year ago.. Still in all I am very happy to get some bb buzz going! I'm tired of hearing about android (which is on everything these days) the new bb's look great but, I don't have $500 to by these new devices.. I'm clearly on a budget I use a Curve 3G which is a great device and I came from a Curve 8330, so I love my Curve series.. Its also in my price range.. Even if I had the money I don't think I would pay over $200 for a phone no matter what it is.. My next upgrade is sept 2012 and if my Curve 3G is still kicking then I will hold on too it and see what bb has coming out around that time.. Getting these new devices that's coming out aug-sept 2011 is kinda foolish I think.. Especially if you just upgraded!

08-04-11 11:52 AM
    I almost want to start of list of Stupid "reporters" "bloggers"

Why The heck even write an article that you lead off with
    In fairness, I haven't had a chance yet to play with the new BlackBerrys
    end article, you shouldn't even be writing.
    08-04-11 12:01 PM
    I love my PB and my BB. If you don't then consider all the choices the competition offers.
    I expect to buy the new BB bold the day it is available and so are several of my friends that are comming back from a disapointing droid experience.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    08-04-11 12:17 PM
    Android/iphone put their top priorities in making apps and a fancy gadget. They put making a phone for communication/important stuff like battery second. Yes I know the iphone 4 has gotten a better battery life but only for the iphone 4.
    Thats the first time I ever saw the words Battery Life and iPhone 4 used together, without the word Short stuck in there. My iPhone 4 battery life is abysmal compared to my old Storm 2
    08-04-11 12:21 PM
    What a buffoon of the highest order!! The reporter has not heard of: A litte learning is a dangerous thing"
    These new devices ROCK!!!!!!! BlackBerry are now ready to unleash their Berry of Blackness into the world of plenty....Bring it on
    08-04-11 12:21 PM
    That has got to be the dumbest article ever. I mean seriously guys I wanna write and get paid to write too. If this moron, who hasn't even tried the phones yet feels the authority to judge does it... Why can't I? Not to mention that the moron forgets that there is more than apps when it comes to smartphones... Like reception? Something the iPhone 4 totally missed? Or maybe, battery? Something the Android phones are known to suck at? Ridiculous...

michaelxyq likes this.
    08-04-11 12:24 PM
    I also like how he doesn't give any real grounds to not buy a new BB. He just says you should not "just because". I tried an Android device and 5 days later was back on my old outdated, app lackin' BB Storm 2. Why, because it functioned better. Email was horrible on Android (I had to delete one account because it crashed the phone, works perfect on my BB), I really missd having the ability to change my LED (Berrybuzz), and just little things here and there (assigning ringtones, no auto on/off ability to have speakerphone and handset volume seperate). A lot of people I know who have switched from BB to Android always say, "You'll get used to it", "There's an app for that"... I don't need Angry Birds on my phone. I guess at 26 I'm just getting old and want a phone that does phone things. I talk on it, text, email, and use the internet to quickly find something I need if a computer isn't handy... Blackberry meets those needs, and does it well. If it didn't then I would have a reason to look eslewhere. Sorry for the rambling!
    Last edited by abercedes; 08-04-11 at 12:33 PM.
    08-04-11 12:30 PM
    In fairness, I haven't had a chance yet to play with the new BlackBerrys
    Does anyone remember a time when articles were posted based on research, as the author of those articles were interested in being seen as a reliable source of information, who's articles have integrity and are unbiased?

Some of these authors articles are becoming as relevant as a talk show topic like Jerry Springer. It's now a case for entertainment...

PS

I will be buying the the 9900 most likely to replace my iPhone 3GS (still thinking whether to go for the 9810 instead). I know the OS will be outdated in a year, but everyone is acting like in 2012 that these new QNX phones are going to have all the apps available at drop.

Reality is, these new phones (9900/9810) have improvements in responsiveness and browsing, it still has apps due to what is available from BB's current OS.

But I am sure CNET will have another wonderful article with the QNX phones available soon enough...
    08-04-11 12:31 PM
    This is getting stupid. Shut up, I believe these new phones will sell relatively well. I think QNX is going to have a positive impact on their product line moving forward.

Am I skeptical? A little. But companies can turn around.

I think they need some new leadership but not right now. Fresh ideas are important.
    08-04-11 12:32 PM
    I agree with "DG" like really the phones are cool but, they are really pricey and should've came out a year ago.. Still in all I am very happy to get some bb buzz going! I'm tired of hearing about android (which is on everything these days) the new bb's look great but, I don't have $500 to by these new devices.. I'm clearly on a budget I use a Curve 3G which is a great device and I came from a Curve 8330, so I love my Curve series.. Its also in my price range.. Even if I had the money I don't think I would pay over $200 for a phone no matter what it is.. My next upgrade is sept 2012 and if my Curve 3G is still kicking then I will hold on too it and see what bb has coming out around that time.. Getting these new devices that's coming out aug-sept 2011 is kinda foolish I think.. Especially if you just upgraded!
    I too really like my Curve 3G, and the price point is just about perfect. It is attractive for those not looking for a contract as well. I think they will have a hard time getting current Torch users to upgrade to the new ones as it will cost them a lot considering they have probably had it for a year or less on a new contract (especially here in Canada where they likely have 2 or more years left). If they can price a new curve with good camera (including flash and focus) and have a little more memory and faster at around $250 off contract they will sell.
    08-04-11 12:33 PM
    In fairness, I haven't had a chance yet to play with the new BlackBerrys.
    Was able to not read the rest after that statement! They aren't even reviewers anymore, just talking heads!
    08-04-11 01:44 PM
    I think that it's not a matter of pandering to Apple and Google as much as it is creating empty articles with sensational headlines. All of these news/opinion websites are looking for high ranking in google news and page views for ad revenue.

Apple and Android are popular, so their headlines about these devices glow. That will attract all of the fanboys. Since it seems vogue to write doom and gloom about RIM, my assumption is that they're targeting RIM fanatics who they know will react to the controversial headlines.

It almost sickens me, when occasionally I am lulled in to reading one of these, how many comments are left. No editor is going to chastise any author for writing a piece that generates the traffic that these opinion pieces do.

When a piece is written that is bumped to the top of a Google news search with the keyword Blackberry and everyone reads it, they win. As long as they win, this will just continue. They are feeding off the enthusiasm people have for upcoming devices and their desire to read anything and everything about it before they can buy it.
    chiefbroski likes this.
    08-04-11 01:47 PM
    At least the author acknowledges many of the strengths of Blackberries. It's almost like he was a little reluctant to write the article. He says "to be fair" and "in fairness", acknowledging that the rest of this article is not to be taken in its entirety.

Makes me wonder if its truly the author's point of view....
    08-04-11 01:51 PM
    I wouldn't touch a OS7 device. Some people are such hypocrites. If another company was pulling this crap with renaming the OS from 6.1 to 7 or release this "new" OS with a different one coming along shortly, you all would be talking a lot of crap. The playbook doesn't have native PIM functions but somehow that's irrelevant but "iPad doesn't have flash" is still a criticism. Just doesn't make any sense. OS7 is nothing but a stop gap and we all know it. It offers no significant benefits over OS6 that warrants the cost especially when QNX is around the corner. Only people that are buying these are diehards that buy anything RIM makes and people that don't know when QNX is coming.
    vrs626 and ta2hallm like this.
    08-04-11 02:44 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD