I disagree with the OP on the topic, BUT I support his right to post it.
    Thanks Rich. Just goes to show ya that people have something to say one way or the other. They can ask stupid questions all day long and god forbid someone say anything, but then when someone does say something...god help them for doing so. Funny thing society is.

Always someone who wants to pick and choose what they feel is righteous.
    08-10-09 03:53 PM
    I disagree with the OP on the topic, BUT I support his right to post it.
    some people think they should walk around on red carpet because they thing they are royalty you should walk around on toilet paper because you are the
    08-10-09 03:54 PM
    Thanks Rich. Just goes to show ya that people have something to say one way or the other. They can ask stupid questions all day long and god forbid someone say anything, but then when someone does say something...god help them for doing so. Funny thing society is.

Always someone who wants to pick and choose what they feel is righteous.
    Dude i have no problem with your complaint, if you look in the Off-Topics section i had very similar about a week ago, regarding people PMing for wall papers.

the difference is this, they were coming to me so i complained - i wasn't going to them and complain about it.

you have to understand with as many members have on CB - they are bound to be repost. it has to happen. and people - in cases - are to lazy to search, unless it's how to save 5$ on a TV set that cost 3,000 to begin with.
    08-10-09 03:57 PM
    I started this thread because day after day there are threads asking questions that are by all normal counts (according to society) goofy. So, I post saying I think it's ridiculous (excersizing my right to post and say what I think), and bunch of self righteous people wanna come in and feel they have been offended in some manner and post negative comments. That's funny right there. You make it as if you've been so wronged. Only someone guilty feels wronged by a comment not even aimed at them. Funny.

I'll say what I want if I feel the need.....as so many of you do everyday.
    08-10-09 04:00 PM
    I started this thread because day after day there are threads asking questions that are by all normal counts (according to society) goofy. So, I post saying I think it's ridiculous (excersizing my right to post and say what I think), and bunch of self righteous people wanna come in and feel they have been offended in some manner and post negative comments. That's funny right there. You make it as if you've been so wronged. Only someone guilty feels wronged by a comment not even aimed at them. Funny.

I'll say what I want if I feel the need.....as so many of you do everyday.
    Dude i dont feel offended by your post in the least, trust me i'm not offended.

my underling point is this : This is a help and discussion forum, a VERY large forum, we have new members every day. they join looking mainly for one thing. HELP. Their phone is jacked and they want it fixed, the thought of searching for a answer has already passed their mind. They just want their phone fixed so they throw a post up. give you an example today on T-Mobile's forum someone posted "how do i tether my 8900 to my laptop, when in fact that question was answered on 08/08/09. now if you do not know how T-Mobile's forums work they have a HUGE solve icon that shows up when a problem has be solved to meet the OP's needs. So instead of browsing just the SOLVED threads they want to start a new one, thats fine---- they have a question and the thought of "searching" as by passed their mind, or they have done what ever came up on Google.... now if you want to help these people out do that, if you don't click the back arrow and allow someone else to do that job, but don't run new people by posting this type of stuff, the "blackberry device help" is the not really the place for it since the newbs come here first.

2) second of off, if people what to post "how do i turn my phone" let them do it. it's not physically or physiologically doing you any harm. They came to us for help and we ought to be willing to do it, and if you aren't willing Crackberry has a Off-Topics section that will be more that willing to meet you at the front door.. .. ..
    08-10-09 04:12 PM
    What exactly is "normal"? How do you know IF society would deem the threads you mentioned as "nosy"?

I don't believe people have been really offended as you believe...

They are sticking up for the posters of the threads you take offence from. They have the same right as you to start a thread regardless of topic as long as it does not break any of the rules stipulated.

I personally think this thread is worse than the ones you mentioned... go figure!
    08-10-09 04:14 PM
    Dude i have no problem with your complaint, if you look in the Off-Topics section i had very similar about a week ago, regarding people PMing for wall papers.

the difference is this, they were coming to me so i complained - i wasn't going to them and complain about it.

you have to understand with as many members have on CB - they are bound to be repost. it has to happen. and people - in cases - are to lazy to search, unless it's how to save 5$ on a TV set that cost 3,000 to begin with.
    I'm still waiting on that wallpaper Sure is taking its sweet time to get to me I've never had much luck with the search. I dunno how to use it. I'll type in Storm 9530 BBM 5.0 and I get Curve 8330 free themes Other than a couple of the number being the same... really didn't do its job
    08-10-09 06:05 PM
    i dont understand why anyone is takin the OP serious..hes just mad oo well...
    but alot of ppl learn fRom those "nosy" threads, it teaches them something new about what they can do or have on their phone. True some of the threads are pointless but not everyone has general knowledge alot of peolpe went from regular phones to a blackberry which can be overwhelming and want to know as much as possible about the phone..
    its just to some a blackberry is moree than a phone its their life..obviously the OP is not a addict..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 06:36 PM
    Predictably but regrettably this thread degenerated into extremely offensive posting. Closed.
    08-10-09 08:50 PM
84 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD