I keep seeing thread after thread pop up asking questions like;

What apps do you have installed?
    How many people have insurance?
    Why do you hate the chrome bezel?
    Should I get an 8900?

Why are so many of you people so nosy? Who cares what apps I have installed. Quite frankly, it's none of your d@mn business. Why do you wanna know if I have insurance? Why do you care if I like or hate the chrome bezel? Make up your own mind and decide for yourself. Is it really any of your business? NOPE. Sure isn't.

If you like an app, download and install it. If you end up not liking it; uninstall it. Pretty d@mn easy. If you want insurance, buy it. If not and you damage your phone....tough luck. Kick your own @ss for not having it.

You wanna know if you should get an 8900 or an iPhone? If you have to ask then you haven't done your OWN research and clearly are NOT ready to buy yet.

Why do so many find it so difficult to mind your own business? Questions are questions but use some common sense and discretion when asking them. I don't want to share my favorite color with you. I don't want you knowing my lucky number. I don't care why you wanna know. Mind your own business.

The Blackberry is a Smartphone. Has it spawned a whole new nosy culture? If so; the next time you're out in public and start acting nosy, you might just get your smartphone smashed across your face.
    08-10-09 10:33 AM
    ... this is a blackberry forum.
    should we not talk about our blackberries?
    i agree, some of the topics are redundant/fluffy, but i don't think it's a result of people being "nosy".
    08-10-09 10:38 AM
    ... this is a blackberry forum.
    should we not talk about our blackberries?
    i agree, some of the topics are redundant/fluffy, but i don't think it's a result of people being "nosy".
    Yes, it's a forum. A help forum; not a nosy forum. For the love of god....it's a phone. Are you that excited and giddy over a phone? It's a device we all use to make calls, text and email on. Does that excite some of you so much that you wanna do jumping jacks and cartwheels? Let's get a cheerleading squad going then.

It's a PHONE!
    08-10-09 10:41 AM
    In my case, regarding questions about the chrome bezel and insurance, I asked those questions just to get user opinions and their thoughts on those issues -- after all this is a BB user forum. I'm not being nosy. If I was being nosy I'd ask them what color of socks they're currently wearing and why, or what brand of TP they have in their bathrooms and why. I think you're assuming too much.
    08-10-09 10:45 AM
    ummm.....

As Kevin Mentioned before....

As the site grows, the tone of the board changes a bit. Because we are such a big and active community, we are comprised of members from all parts of the BlackBerry life cycle - complete newbies, old pros and everything in between. We have members who have been here a week and members who have been here since day one.

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always use the Report Post function - exclamation mark inside a triangle at the top right corner of every post - to report something to the mod team that you think is offside). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!

Not really sure where this will head. But it's not Just a Help Forum.. Not sure who told you that. It's a Crackberry Community!
    08-10-09 10:47 AM
    Yes, it's a forum. A help forum; not a nosy forum. For the love of god....it's a phone. Are you that excited and giddy over a phone? It's a device we all use to make calls, text and email on. Does that excite some of you so much that you wanna do jumping jacks and cartwheels? Let's get a cheerleading squad going then.

It's a PHONE!

Then why do you have almost 600 posts on this forum?? You're sure spending a lot of time on just a "phone" forum.
    08-10-09 10:48 AM
    Because they don't have anything else to do ??
    08-10-09 10:49 AM
    Weren't you the one who posted the thread titled "Fundamentals of a helpful forum"?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/fu...-forum-272522/

This is a blackberry forum with a ton of users, some of whom probably didn't know what an internet forum was before stumbling upon this one. They want to know what applications people like so they can check them out...they aren't asking for your home address or your wives maiden name, so what's the big deal? If people weren't asking questions this place would get kinda boring.

I guess after writing your post that I linked above you figured, if ya can't beat em join em eh?
    08-10-09 10:49 AM
    ... they aren't asking for your home address or your wives maiden name, so what's the big deal?
    I like this, implying multiple wives!
    08-10-09 10:52 AM
    I like this, implying multiple wives!
    Yea, well I figured as cranky as he got about this issue there must be some underlying factor........multiple wives would explain that for sure! hahahah

I just like how this post totally contradicts this "fundamentals of a helpful forum" post. He must have forgotten he wrote that, or just changes his mind quite quickly.
    08-10-09 10:55 AM
    Weren't you the one who posted the thread titled "Fundamentals of a helpful forum"?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/fu...-forum-272522/

This is a blackberry forum with a ton of users, some of whom probably didn't know what an internet forum was before stumbling upon this one. They want to know what applications people like so they can check them out...they aren't asking for your home address or your wives maiden name, so what's the big deal? If people weren't asking questions this place would get kinda boring.

I guess after writing your post that I linked above you figured, if ya can't beat em join em eh?
    If someone sees an app they like, then download and try it. If they have questions about said app, ask them. But asking people what apps they have on their phone is NOSY.

If I see an app I like I'll DL it and try it. If I have a question about it I'll ask it. But I sure don't go around asking what you or anyone else has on their phone. That's 'cuz I don't care.

Forums are here to HELP people. Not for people to come on here and ask nosy questions about useless stuff like what theme do you have. What wallpaper do you use etc etc....

How about good questions like error messages or any other number of topics we can help with other than satisfying your nosy intellectual self.
    08-10-09 10:57 AM
    Yea, well I figured as cranky as he got about this issue there must be some underlying factor........multiple wives would explain that for sure! hahahah

I just like how this post totally contradicts this "fundamentals of a helpful forum" post. He must have forgotten he wrote that, or just changes his mind quite quickly.
    Guilty people always try and find reasons to justify.

What wallpaper you have on your phone right now? What theme are you using? How many and what apps do you have installed? What's your BBM PIN and cell number?

Are those at all helpful? Go clutter another forum like MySpace or Facebook with nosy questions.

My thread on thread fundamentals was focusing on EXACTLY this very thing. These kinds of questions are not helpful at all.

Maybe a question about why an app or theme is giving you problems, or what insurance can provide for your phone if damaged, or if a black bezel is as durable as the chrome. But not things like .....why do you 8900 users hate the chrome bezel.

Then why do you have almost 600 posts on this forum?? You're sure spending a lot of time on just a "phone" forum.
    Because I help people with PROBLEMS! DUH
    Last edited by 3CISSBB; 08-10-09 at 11:05 AM.
    08-10-09 10:59 AM
    Guilty people always try and find reasons to justify.

What wallpaper you have on your phone right now? What theme are you using? How many and what apps do you have installed? What's your BBM PIN and cell number?

Are those at all helpful? Go clutter another forum like MySpace or Facebook with nosy questions.

My thread on thread fundamentals was focusing on EXACTLY this very thing. These kinds of questions are not helpful at all.

Maybe a question about why an app or theme is giving you problems, or what insurance can provide for your phone if damaged, or if a black bezel is as durable as the chrome. But not things like .....why do you 8900 users hate the chrome bezel.
    Well sir, you are welcome to go dig through my whopping 50 something posts and you will see no posts like that from me first off. Second, what you deem "nosy" might not be to someone else. They might like sharing what their favorite apps or wallpapers are.

Let me quote from your manifesto "fundamentals of a helpful forum"

"I think that the members of this forum (myself included) need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. This forum was created by people to help people. Its purpose was to extend the knowledge base of the BB community. More often now it seems the threads have acquired a particular set of members that make it a goal to post unhelpful, rude, sarcastic jabs at people only seeking answers. Sure...answers that have most likely been answered already (maybe even a dozen times or more), but nevertheless, they ask only to be met with the same cr&ppy attitude by mostly the same cr&ppy people.

When you come across a post with a question that has been asked 1,000 times, simply try NOT answering at all, and leave the answer to someone who has more patience and manners and be less concerned about your ****** post count. After all.........it's about HELPING people, not condemning them for not using the search function or reading through the thousand or more pages of posts."

Hello pot, meet kettle. Enjoy your day
    08-10-09 11:05 AM
    Well sir, you are welcome to go dig through my whopping 50 something posts and you will see no posts like that from me first off. Second, what you deem "nosy" might not be to someone else. They might like sharing what their favorite apps or wallpapers are.

Let me quote from your manifesto "fundamentals of a helpful forum"

"I think that the members of this forum (myself included) need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. This forum was created by people to help people. Its purpose was to extend the knowledge base of the BB community. More often now it seems the threads have acquired a particular set of members that make it a goal to post unhelpful, rude, sarcastic jabs at people only seeking answers. Sure...answers that have most likely been answered already (maybe even a dozen times or more), but nevertheless, they ask only to be met with the same cr&ppy attitude by mostly the same cr&ppy people."

Hello pot, meet kettle. Enjoy your day
    Well, if you have 50 something posts and none are like that, then why did you concern yourself? It obviously wasn't directed at you, so why do you care?! Just bein nosy I guess.

Read the RED print. TO HELP PEOPLE. How is it helping to know what wallpaper I have, or what apps I have installed?

Here's your sign.
    Last edited by 3CISSBB; 08-10-09 at 11:12 AM.
    08-10-09 11:09 AM
    So in all seriousness does this thread have an objective.???? Not quite sure what all this is about...... There are many threads for helping people, there are also many threads with people discussing app's and wallpapers for that device.... If there are issues with a member that you are not publicly speaking about that is fine but do consider speaking with one of the Forum Managers, and see if they can help clear up what the confusion is between you and the whole forum atmosphere.......
    08-10-09 11:13 AM
    Because I help people with PROBLEMS! DUH
    Then join a suicide hotline or join the peace corp instead. That would be time better spent than on just a phone forum.
    08-10-09 11:14 AM
    So in all seriousness do this thread have an objective. Not quite sure what all this is about...... There are many threads for helping people, there are also many threads with people discussing app's and wallpapers for that device....
    Objective: provide some motivation/inspiration to people to use some common sense when posting a thread. How about trying not to clutter a HELP forum with nosy questions like what apps we have installed.
    08-10-09 11:15 AM
    I think someone forgot to take their meds today!

All I'm saying is really the same thing you said before...."When you come across a post with a question that has been asked 1,000 times, simply try NOT answering at all, and leave the answer to someone who has more patience and manners and be less concerned about your ****** post count."

Question...opinion....some new persons "nosy" post, it's all the same here buddy. It obviously got you worked up enough that you had to make a post like this, I was just simply responding...that's what people do on these forums when they see a post and they have something to say!

"If so; the next time you're out in public and start acting nosy, you might just get your smartphone smashed across your face."

Real mature, guess you just needed some attention...so really I just gave you what you needed. 8-)
    08-10-09 11:17 AM
    Yes, it's a forum. A help forum; not a nosy forum.
    I didn't find your post helpful... With how long it took you to rant here, you could have been actually reading the forums and helping users with their problems. Just sayin'....
    08-10-09 11:18 AM
    Pffffffffffft.
    08-10-09 11:19 AM
    I hope your original post is just a joke -- you realize that by posting this thread you've set yourself up to be flamed by a ton of users who have posted questions and replies to the kinds of posts you take issue with.
    08-10-09 11:22 AM
    If someone sees an app they like, then download and try it. If they have questions about said app, ask them. But asking people what apps they have on their phone is NOSY.

If I see an app I like I'll DL it and try it. If I have a question about it I'll ask it. But I sure don't go around asking what you or anyone else has on their phone. That's 'cuz I don't care.

Forums are here to HELP people. Not for people to come on here and ask nosy questions about useless stuff like what theme do you have. What wallpaper do you use etc etc....

How about good questions like error messages or any other number of topics we can help with other than satisfying your nosy intellectual self.
    Well people asking "What apps do you have installed?" and "What theme are you running?" can lead to thoughtful discussion. Jesus H. dude... you need a beer. Have you ever been in an awkward situation in public where you are forced to meet new people becasue of a mutual acquaintance? You make "small talk" until you find something of common interest and then the conversation takes off from there. These questions are akin to "small talk" in the real world, but they just take place on the net so perhaps it appears more trivial.

You don't even have to look at the threads that you are so annoyed by if you know how to use the search function. See how this area is titled "Help and Discussion" ? Well, some threads will give you help, others will allow you to discuss things with other users. Is that really so bad? I've learned of plenty of interesting apps by lurking on "What apps...?" threads. I thought there were only about 10 apps for my Storm when I first got it, but people recommend a few and I did a search on them and ended up installing a few. So in that sense, they were HELPful.
    08-10-09 11:22 AM
    What's really funny is, I'd be willing to bet that just about anyone reading this thread has felt the same way. You log on, look at the forum index and see stupid questions or posts and think...WTF?!

I just happen to say what most are unwilling to say.

A couple other points. As pointed out, this is a place where people can say and ask what they want. Good. That's exactly what I did. I can ask anything I feel like and I can make any comment I want. I'm a highly trained, highly educated individual with a thick skin. Say what you want. The fact remains: I'm here to help people with Blackberry problems, not tell someone what apps or wallpapers I have.
    Last edited by 3CISSBB; 08-10-09 at 11:31 AM.
    08-10-09 11:23 AM
    What's really funny is, I'd be willing to bet that just about anyone reading this thread has felt the same way. You log on, look at the forum index and see stupid questions or posts and think...WTF?!

I just happen to say what most are unwilling to say.
    You sir, are a Tech, so you have this Joe Friday mentality of "Just the facts, mam, just the facts." And yes, in business that's what gets the job done efficiently and maximizes your ability to make profit. Here, we aren't getting paid so we are more in a learning mode. We aren't here to tell each other off and brag about how much we know, or profit from our knowledge. It's about sharing that knowledge with others. Whether it is "What wallpaper do you use" to "What happened when you had app x and app y installed? Mine crashed!" , information is exchanged either way.
    08-10-09 11:31 AM
    I hope your original post is just a joke -- you realize that by posting this thread you've set yourself up to be flamed by a ton of users who have posted questions and replies to the kinds of posts you take issue with.
    Like me. To the OP, this is a complete waste of time, we are all dumber for having read this, if there is a thread topic you don't like, don't click on it. That plain, that simple. You are awarded no points, may god have mercy on your soul...
    08-10-09 11:31 AM
84 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD