There is a 50% chance that marriage will end in divorce (Popenoe & Whitehead, 2004).
    This cracked me up... OF COURSE marriage has a 50% chance of divorce...

either 1) you grow old together or 2) you get divorced..... kinda no brainer there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-10 04:07 PM
    Here is some additional data about divorce in first marriages before moving on to the limited data available about second marriages. Divorce rates are cumulative statistics, i.e., they don't occur at a single moment in time but add up over the years of marriage and do so at different rates. After reviewing numerous sources, it appears that about 10% of all marriages end in divorce during the first five years and another 10% by the tenth year. Thus, half of all divorces are within the first ten years. (Keep in mind this is mixing the disparate college-non-college group rates.) The 30% divorce rate is not reached until the 18th year of marriage and the 40% rate is not reached until the 50th year of marriage! Thus, not only is the rate of divorce much lower than previously thought but at least half of all divorces occur within the first ten years and then the rate of divorce slows dramatically. Since the divorce rate for women married by 18 is 48% in the first ten years and that group, once again, is primarily poor, minority women, the rate for educated couples is much less during those first ten years...
    10-26-10 04:18 PM
    It is true 40% or more of all divorces report "facebook" as a factor to the divorce. Just because it works for you, doesn't mean it's going to work for others.

I highly disagree with that statement. That doesn't make any sense. It has nothing to do with Facebook, it's all in the person and how they use it. Facebook is a place for family and friends to get in touch. If you choose to use Facebook in a way that's going to get yourself into trouble that is on YOU, not Facebook. My parents and most of my friends parents are on there and I have never heard of any problems with it.
    10-26-10 05:15 PM
    Absolutely. My wife and I are best friends.

The fact is, the OP asked what the advantages are to having a page on FB. My responses addressed that point.
    Actually your response to what you directly quoted me of was what you were
    addressing. It's just a little more fair to give the OP a bigger picture perspective.
    Well, I say that because that's what I meant in my first post.

Directly to the OP: It will cause trouble. You may not be as "best friends" with
    your wife as kellyjdrummer is proclaiming to be. I just say, watch yourself.
    10-26-10 06:08 PM
    Actually your response to what you directly quoted me of was what you were
    addressing. It's just a little more fair to give the OP a bigger picture perspective.
    Well, I say that because that's what I meant in my first post.

Directly to the OP: It will cause trouble. You may not be as "best friends" with
    your wife as kellyjdrummer is proclaiming to be. I just say, watch yourself.
    I appreciate that, Undertaker.

As far as my wife and I, we are both in our 50's and have no trust issues at all. It's the best relationship we've both ever been in. We met on the web on two coasts away from each other. I moved to GA. We married 8 years ago and are fine. No divorces in the past. Couldn't be better.

Back to you, Bob.
    10-26-10 06:29 PM
    I highly disagree with that statement. That doesn't make any sense. It has nothing to do with Facebook, it's all in the person and how they use it. Facebook is a place for family and friends to get in touch. If you choose to use Facebook in a way that's going to get yourself into trouble that is on YOU, not Facebook. My parents and most of my friends parents are on there and I have never heard of any problems with it.
    You have every right to disagree with me. However Facebook does provide a chance for one to hook up with old flames or meet new flings. I will agree with the fact that it's the person that ruins the relationship. not Facebook. but Facebook puts it in a higher gear.....

10-27-10 09:05 AM
    In a way you're right. I agree with you that facebook provides a chance to hook up with old flames. But I don't think it's Facebook's intentions to set people up for that. It's really just a social network, and it's really up to the person in how they use it. But really, it goes both ways. Noone can really determine what can happen on Facebook and though im sure it's not intentional, you can't really stop people from doing what they do. So well put, and sorry to get all defensive :P
    10-27-10 09:32 AM
    Was just at a High School reunion and many were astounded a techie like me didn't have a FB account.

I just don't get why.

Anyone able to explain the value of having a Facebook or Twitter account for a 40+ year old family man?
    You shouldnt summise the 2 they are both very different, Facebook is just plain rubbish whereas twitter is good for getting the latest news on anything and having banter with people
    10-27-10 01:36 PM
    In a way you're right. I agree with you that facebook provides a chance to hook up with old flames. But I don't think it's Facebook's intentions to set people up for that. It's really just a social network, and it's really up to the person in how they use it. But really, it goes both ways. Noone can really determine what can happen on Facebook and though im sure it's not intentional, you can't really stop people from doing what they do. So well put, and sorry to get all defensive :P
    nope, i didn't take as a defensive or offensive post. Just you were speaking you mind, in a mature fashion. And i can appreciate that. It's childish comments that get me fired up.

10-27-10 02:18 PM
    Came across this today. Ha.

Also, found out Twitter account is not totally needed if all one is interested in are receiving info. One can get Twitter updates pushed to your phone via sms using To:40404 and the follow command.
    Last edited by VeryBumpy; 10-29-10 at 02:13 PM.
    10-29-10 02:07 PM
    I'm outta here.
    10-29-10 02:23 PM
    I do have a facebook account and I love to socialize with people on it. This is the only medium which keeps me in contact with my international friends.
    11-01-10 01:37 AM
    My facebook got hit hard twice by a scammer I was reporting with massive campaigns. I am currently waiting for it to be restored, by tuesday, I'll re-appeal it. I miss my international friends!

Also still have myspace and twitter, even identica (open source twitter alternative)

11-01-10 03:46 AM
    in my opinion,
    Value of making Twitter and FB are for Keep Contact with your friend, old Friend, And Alll Ppl In the world,
    but, You must Selected about who will you accept to be your Friend, Because There are bad Ppl, Sometime ( but not at All)
    in My Experienced, I got few Ppl so rude, SO i change my FB twice
    " SOmetime, if you added by Online shop, You can Grab something with The cheaper Price then..."

Twitter for me is For Retrieved News Faster and To know, what happen Outhere, From different ppl all over the world, Information must Be faster"
    11-01-10 06:54 PM
    you wont be feel so lonely or maybe its good for ur business ?
    11-02-10 12:20 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD