While I must admit that I love a nice bottle of Simply Orange, I also don't mind drinking OJ made from concentrate either. But I can't figure out why other OJ manufacturers use "not from concentrate" as a main selling point?
    I was thinking about this today.. And I figured who else to ask besides the good people of the CB community?!

Sent from space using Tapatalk
    04-22-12 10:24 PM
    I don't know. The juice doesn't taste any different to me whether it is "from concentrate" or not.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-22-12 10:27 PM
    I don't know. The juice doesn't taste any different to me whether it is "from concentrate" or not.

My point exactly! I figured this would be a good ice breaker in my new favorite section of CB lol. And perfect entertainment while trying to get my son to go to sleep -___-

04-22-12 10:36 PM
    How old is your kid? I hope he's nothing like I was as a kid. My parents said I was the worst kid when it came to sleep. :-D

04-22-12 10:38 PM
    Well, different companies that sell OJ, for instance, Simply Orange, Minutemade and so forth, will meet with juice producer and provide them with a strict recipe. The juice producer get trucks and trucks of difference variety of oranges. Depending on which company wants a blend of oranges sometimes require equipment to be flushed and cleaned before a new batch can be made. Trailer loads of let's say, Honeybell oranges may have to be separated from other trailer loads of oranges until they have enough to make a projected quality of a certain brand of juice. Also, thousands of gallons of OJ is shipped overseas to other countries in refrigerated cargo containers.
    04-22-12 10:56 PM
    He's a month and a half! And it sounds like you were the same way he is lol! He'll stay up til 12 or later and just stare at stuff until he eventually starts dozing off. Then he usually wakes up around 3, and then 6, and then 9 or 10 if we're lucky. Normally me and my girlfriend take turns and I usually get him to sleep since I like to watch Conan (which he'll then stare at the TV for an hour, oddly enough) and then the Office that run until 1AM. But on the nights when I have to open the store the next day at 8, his mommy gets up with him during the night. Hopefully he'll start sleeping through most of the night. I'll take 6 hours of constant sleep any night! Haha :P

04-22-12 11:00 PM
    Ugh. I hope he isn't colicky. My parents said I was.

04-22-12 11:12 PM
    Concentrated OJ is too sweet for my tastes; in fact, when frozen concentrate is re-constituted with water per the manufacturer's instructions, the percentage of sugar in that drink is about 3 times that of fresh squeezed. If I buy anything bottled, then I would go with Simply Orange with pulp. Their grapefruit juice is superb, btw.

Bottom line, there is no finer tasting OJ then fresh squeezed.
    04-23-12 03:11 AM
    Wow thanks for the responses! I have to agree I do like freshly squeezed a bit more, but concentrate isn't that bad IMO. I never knew how in depth the world of OJ was lmao!

04-23-12 09:09 AM
    Ugh. I hope he isn't colicky. My parents said I was.

Yeah me too! I'm going to bring his sleep issues up to the pediatrician next time we go!

04-23-12 09:11 AM
    While I must admit that I love a nice bottle of Simply Orange, I also don't mind drinking OJ made from concentrate either. But I can't figure out why other OJ manufacturers use "not from concentrate" as a main selling point?
    I was thinking about this today.. And I figured who else to ask besides the good people of the CB community?!

I think the "from concentrate" is included on the package because it's required by law not as a selling point.

They use concentrate for logistical and shipping reasons. You can ship concentrate and reconstitute at the bottling plant a lot cheaper than shipping the original juice.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    04-28-12 10:21 PM
    Personally I love pulp in my juice. When it is made from just concentrate, it seems artificial to me.
    04-29-12 01:01 AM
    I think the "from concentrate" is included on the package because it's required by law not as a selling point.

They use concentrate for logistical and shipping reasons. You can ship concentrate and reconstitute at the bottling plant a lot cheaper than shipping the original juice.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    ding ding ding!!! ease of transportation and handling is the main reason for concentrating it and other items.
    04-29-12 01:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD