I guess I can consider myself lucky she's such an awesome mom but I don't have the matching set so to speak.
    Well, I'm the product of my parents staying together (And Reaganomics) and look how effed up I am.

I agree with most, though. Husband shouldn't get anything for wife on Mother's Day. Weak sauce...
    04-26-10 01:05 PM
    I guess I can consider myself lucky she's such an awesome mom but I don't have the matching set so to speak.
    Uhhhmm... Are you still talking about your parents, or...????
    04-26-10 01:27 PM
    You mean matching pair like mother and father?

I didn't have one of those either.
    Uhhhmm... Are you still talking about your parents, or...????
    Yes I'm talking about my father. I don't really want to go into it, I was just trying to offer some consolation to Trruble.
    04-26-10 01:48 PM
    I have never bought a Mother's Day gift for anyone other than MY mother.

It's a day to celebrate YOUR mother, not every heifer that ever popped out a baby.
    Good lawd man what has gotten into you????? Not EVERY woman that has "popped" out a baby is a heifer.

A gift from a man to a woman on Mother's Day is a sign of respect. It is saying thank you for being the mother of my children and taking good care of them, just as the woman should do for the man. (inherent in that statement is they are good parents!!!

I will add, mother's day is not just for the person who popped you out. It could also be for the person who guided you as a mother would. Some people are lucky enough to have more than one mother figure in their life, and they all deserve a gift on Mother's Day. And yes if that person is a man then so be it!!!!!
    Last edited by envied; 04-26-10 at 08:01 PM.
    04-26-10 07:57 PM
    @envied: I cannot disagree with you more (and that's a new thing for me)

Mother's Day to me is about your mother period. For me it always will be. I try to
    make the day special for my mother and quite honestly could not care less about
    any others.

Luckily I did not have or need more than one mother figure in my life. I have an
    actual mother and she is a damned good one. That is what I celebrate. The gift
    of life and the lessons of life the she and my dad gave us.

...and I am not walking back the "heifer" term
    04-27-10 01:27 AM

...and I am not walking back the "heifer" term
    Since I live in an area where 90% of the women have who child are obese, I don't think your comment is inappropriate! Haha.
    04-27-10 06:56 AM
    Good lawd man what has gotten into you????? Not EVERY woman that has "popped" out a baby is a heifer.

A gift from a man to a woman on Mother's Day is a sign of respect. It is saying thank you for being the mother of my children and taking good care of them, just as the woman should do for the man. (inherent in that statement is they are good parents!!!

I will add, mother's day is not just for the person who popped you out. It could also be for the person who guided you as a mother would. Some people are lucky enough to have more than one mother figure in their life, and they all deserve a gift on Mother's Day. And yes if that person is a man then so be it!!!!!
    I completely agree. I have a mother who popped me out and three others that have guided me. That is going to be a busy day for me, but of course my mother popper will get most of my attention.
    04-27-10 07:54 AM

Yes, but...how often do you hear about a gift given to a man from a woman on Father's Day though? Nuff said.....
    04-27-10 01:14 PM
    Because that women is the MOTHER of that mans children. There would be no child without her.
    And what about adoption or kidnapping? There is more than one way to have a child you know.
    04-27-10 01:16 PM
    and what about adoption or kidnapping? There is more than one way to have a child you know.
    lmfao!!! :d
    04-27-10 01:17 PM
    And what about adoption or kidnapping? There is more than one way to have a child you know.
    Adoption is completely different then kidnapping.

Technically, there really is only one way to have a child, per se. The child had to be bore by someone. However, whoever takes the title as 'mother', whether it be the biological mother or an adoptive mother, is the mother.

If I adopted a child, I'd consider myself a mother.

So I don't really see what you are getting at.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 01:35 PM
    Adoption is completely different then kidnapping.

Technically, there really is only one way to have a child, per se. The child had to be bore by someone. However, whoever takes the title as 'mother', whether it be the biological mother or an adoptive mother, is the mother.

If I adopted a child, I'd consider myself a mother.

So I don't really see what you are getting at.

He's joking. Lighten up.
    04-27-10 01:42 PM
    Should someone get a mothers day gift for their 'baby moms' ?
    04-27-10 01:43 PM
    Should someone get a mothers day gift for their 'baby moms' ?
    Yo G....haven't we been debatin' this fo 3 pages now?
    04-27-10 01:46 PM
    He's joking. Lighten up.
    Yep, just joking. I have never adopted or kidnapped a kid. I found one once but I had to give him back. Too bad though, I nearly finished his new home in the garage.

Oh, and it turns out "finders keepers" doesn't hold up in court. We live in a facist society apparently.
    04-27-10 01:50 PM
    Oh, and it turns out "finders keepers" doesn't hold up in court. We live in a facist society apparently.
    I think you get to keep em if no one claims them after 30 days.
    04-27-10 02:12 PM
    Yep, just joking. I have never adopted or kidnapped a kid. I found one once but I had to give him back. Too bad though, I nearly finished his new home in the garage.

Kudos man. You taught that kid a valuable lesson...

You win some...You lose some.
    04-27-10 02:22 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD