A woman posted this on a carrier thread about a new phone that is coming out.
    I already told my husband that he is getting it for me for Mother's Day
    I'll bet he said "Yes Maam!"
    The question is why do women expect a Mother's day present from their HUSBAND? He isn't their child and they aren't his mother.
    My theory is that women who treat their husband like a child are the ones who expect as Mother's day present. Poor guys.
    04-26-10 09:27 AM
    Because that women is the MOTHER of that mans children. There would be no child without her.

Though I do not understand most women, especially ones who expect numerous gifts from men, I would want gifts for Mothers Day.
    04-26-10 09:43 AM
    Ahhh, but to be a gift it must be given freely.

Gift: Something that is bestowed voluntarily and without compensation.
    04-26-10 09:45 AM
    Because that women is the MOTHER of that mans children. There would be no child without her.
    First of all, there would be no child without either of them.

I wouldn't give my wife anything for Mother's day if she said to me "You're giving me THIS for Mother's day..." Or any holiday for that matter.

I'd be getting her a divorce...
    Last edited by KillYouWithMyMind; 04-26-10 at 10:15 AM.
    04-26-10 10:11 AM
    I have never bought a Mother's Day gift for anyone other than MY mother.

It's a day to celebrate YOUR mother, not every heifer that ever popped out a baby.
    04-26-10 10:12 AM

It's a day to celebrate YOUR mother, not every heifer that ever popped out a baby.
    I hope your wife doesn't read this. You be in da dog house.
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 04-26-10 at 10:35 AM.
    04-26-10 10:32 AM
    I wonder if she returns the favor for father's day.
    04-26-10 10:34 AM

I wouldn't give my wife anything for Mother's day if she said to me "You're giving me THIS for Mother's day..." Or any holiday for that matter.

But what I was getting at was that he should be appreciative of her giving him a child. I don't think every breeder deserves a gift! Lol.

And I agree with you. If someone told me that I have to get them this or that, I'd be like uhhhh no.

I don't buy gifts for anyone except my nephew. And I only do that once a year.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-10 11:34 AM
    But what I was getting at was that he should be appreciative of her giving him a child.
    While I agree with most of what you said, this statement is ludicrous. She's not giving him a child, they're having a child together.

Why does the mother have "ownership" of the child?
    04-26-10 11:52 AM
    I hope your wife doesn't read this. You be in da dog house.
    It is an understood principle. Nothing is changing that.

I wonder if she returns the favor for father's day.
    I don't expect anything on Father's Day except from my daughter. I am honestly
    annoyed by anything from anyone other than her.

My sisters, nieces, cousins and yes my daughter are mothers and I'll be damned if I send so much
    as a card. They are not my mother.
    04-26-10 11:56 AM

^ I VERY much agree.
    04-26-10 12:00 PM
    While I agree with most of what you said, this statement is ludicrous. She's not giving him a child, they're having a child together.

Good question.

I have no answer. Even the thought of breeding makes me sick to my stomach.

04-26-10 12:07 PM
    Even the thought of breeding makes me sick to my stomach.

What if everyone on the planet died and there was only you and some random ugly dude left? Would you do your part to re-populate the planet?
    04-26-10 12:16 PM
    So AG, if you have young children, and they want to buy mom a present, who pays for it?
    04-26-10 12:18 PM
    To be quite honest, probably not.

04-26-10 12:18 PM
    So AG, if you have young children, and they want to buy mom a present, who pays for it?
    Since they don't have jobs or any discernible means of income. logic dictates
    that it would fall to me. But I'd let them pick the present so that it is
    meaningful to them and by extension to their mom.

Presents are not valued by who paid for it. They are valued by the thought
    behind them.
    04-26-10 12:21 PM
    They make mom a present. That's what I did when I was a little one and thats what my kids do (except my teenager who just buys em' now). I've come to realize that gifts manufactured by the child are way more valuable.
    Last edited by 12MaNy; 04-26-10 at 12:27 PM.
    04-26-10 12:22 PM

At the risk of having an angry mob of women chase me with pitchforks...

It has been my experience that most women NEED to be recognized/appreciated by their spouses.

Men enjoy being appreciated too, but don't demand or expect it the same way.

The flip side to this is that women are more likely to SAY that they appreciate something, and men are less likely.

Old news: Men and women are not the same.
    04-26-10 12:33 PM
    At the risk of having an angry mob of women chase me with pitchforks...

It has been my experience that most women NEED to be recognized/appreciated by their spouses.

Men enjoy being appreciated too, but don't demand or expect it the same way.

The flip side to this is that women are more likely to SAY that they appreciate something, and men are less likely.

Old news: Men and women are not the same.
    I completely agree with this.

I grew up with an immensely needy mother. She needed to hear she was loved and appreciated atleast 10 times a day. If not, she would throw fissy fits like a child.

Luckily, I grew up to be the complete opposite.
    04-26-10 12:37 PM
    Since they don't have jobs or any discernible means of income. logic dictates
    that it would fall to me. But I'd let them pick the present so that it is
    meaningful to them and by extension to their mom.

Presents are not valued by who paid for it. They are valued by the thought
    behind them.
    So, indirectly, you buy your wife a Mothers Day gift.

Tell those toddlers to get a job!

They make mom a present. That's what I did when I was a little one and thats what my kids do (except my teenager who just buys em' now). I've come to realize that gifts manufactured by the child are way more valuable.
    They do have a special value that can't be measured, but really, how many macaroni necklaces does a woman need?
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 04-26-10 at 12:51 PM.
    04-26-10 12:37 PM
    So, indirectly, you buy your wife a Mothers Day gift.
    No, what I do is facilitate their wishes. Plain and simple.
    They want mommy to have this, I make it happen for them.
    04-26-10 12:48 PM
    I completely agree with this.

I grew up with an immensely needy mother. She needed to hear she was loved and appreciated atleast 10 times a day. If not, she would throw fissy fits like a child.

Luckily, I grew up to be the complete opposite.
    My mother is nothing even remotely close to yours. My mom and I rarely even say we love each other because we don't need to. She and I both know how much we mean to each other.

Probably explains our different views on mother/child relationships.
    04-26-10 12:52 PM
    My mother is nothing even remotely close to yours. My mom and I rarely even say we love each other because we don't need to. She and I both know how much we mean to each other.

Probably explains our different views on mother/child relationships.
    Probably.

I always wished my mom has been like yours. I also wished she wasn't a drunk/pathological liar/untrustworthy/rotten person. Lol.
    04-26-10 12:56 PM
    Probably.

I always wished my mom has been like yours. I also wished she wasn't a drunk/pathological liar/untrustworthy/rotten person. Lol.
    I guess I can consider myself lucky she's such an awesome mom but I don't have the matching set so to speak.
    04-26-10 12:59 PM
    I guess I can consider myself lucky she's such an awesome mom but I don't have the matching set so to speak.
    You mean matching pair like mother and father?

I didn't have one of those either.
    04-26-10 01:02 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD