10-17-08 09:41 AM
    oh my god... bada$$.
    10-17-08 10:01 AM
    Uh Vinnie, that was made in America, . No one is better at getting the bad guys.
    10-17-08 10:23 AM
    wtf what was the point of all that?
    10-17-08 06:52 PM
    Vinnie was a Marine who served in combat in the Middle East. Prince, he started a thread he found interesting. I like to tease him about politics, but to be honest, I like to see us get the guys who plant roadside bombs. Those things are the main killers of US servicemen, women and contractors in Iraq. The point was to show us what goes on over there. We don't get to see it very often because we're so insulated from a very real war going on in Iraq.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-08 07:41 PM
    naw i couldnt hear the voices real well to me it looks like an episode of cops im just wondering why they shot the dudes
    10-17-08 07:46 PM
    They were planting a roadside bomb. The pilot identified what they had, what they were doing and asked permission to fire a missle. I didn't realize you couldn't hear, it was all by the book.

10-17-08 08:07 PM
    Nice Hellfire hit! Dead center!

They tapped the insurgents and the IED from 2500 meters (~1-1/2 miles). They really never knew it was coming...

Thanks for the link. I've never been to that site. I should upload some of my own, old guncam vids (Desert Storm 1)...

Cheers!

C.

10-19-08 11:53 AM
    For anyone who might disagree with getting those guys, here's a few pics of the damage their roadside bombs do.

That's my wife in the bottom picture, and these are from Camp Arifjan in Kuwait.
    Last edited by exelant; 10-19-08 at 12:34 PM.
    10-19-08 12:15 PM
    That's the unfortunate bi-product of war...death and carnage (on all sides of a conflict). The death and carnage may not be evenly balanced on each side...but it's still there.

Among a wide spectrum of other methods of course...some use roadside bombs as weapons; some use apaches. Some use rocks as weapons; some use missiles fired from navy ships.

10-19-08 02:16 PM
    Absolutely Def. I often wish people here had a true picture of what it is like and the cost, on both sides -- Vinnie and Dad have a better idea than most. Iraq is what it is, our men and women are struggling against great odds. The politics of the war here at home is secondary to the hardships they face. My wife often calls me in tears because of what she sees when she is in the Iraq theater. Here's to them all making it home safe, military and civilian. I recently found out that one of my wife's predecessors, when the contract she works under was with KBR (Haliburton), was killed in 2006. Tanya was protecting me from worry! One thing is clear, there is a whole lot of courage being displayed over there.
    Last edited by exelant; 10-19-08 at 04:01 PM.
    10-19-08 03:54 PM
    I'll tell ya... I don't give a flyin flip about balance in wars and fights. If someone was coming after my family or myself with a knife and I had a rock, a knife and a gun, guess which one I might use first?
    10-20-08 11:39 AM
    yall dont realize that this is nothing compared to darfur, rwanda thats where the real horror happened.
    10-20-08 04:30 PM
    Most of africa is a lost cause...things like rwanda have been happening for years, we pump billions into that continent and nothing ever comes of it...attack me if you want, but its the truth...

10-20-08 04:38 PM
    trucky, no one is saying there should be a 'balance' in war. Think about your logic...wars are won by one side over the other because there was an uneven balance (whether in strategy, arms, etc.) on one side of the fight; over the other.

prince...no doubt; the horror in darfur, rwanda, palestine and such...is horrible. Real horror exists wherever there is war.

10-20-08 04:39 PM
    naw rwanda is doing it big lately they have infrastructure set up and even applied for to be inducted into the commonwealth. Darfur is another story. Damn africans why do we hate each other so much?
    10-20-08 04:42 PM
    vinnie, your blanket comments towards 'most' of africa are extremely ignorant.

10-20-08 04:49 PM
    Really hi def? How many wars have taken place on the continent in the past 50 years? Rhwanda, somalia, congo, egypt, sierra leone??? I could go on

10-20-08 04:55 PM
    Angola, algeria, benin, burkina faso, burundi, cameroon, chad, cote d'ivoire, djibouti, ethiopia, guinea bissau, kenya, lesotho, liberia, mali, mauritania, mozambique, nigeria, sudan, tanzania, uganda and zimbabwe, but your right hi def...

10-20-08 05:01 PM
    vinnie its Ivory Coast not C�te D'Ivoire makes it look like you copy pasted

Hope this helps... I've always wanted to do that
    10-20-08 05:35 PM
    and its weird how you think of African countries in alphabetical order
    10-20-08 05:39 PM
    vinnie is correct, as a former French colony the official name is C�te d'Ivoire. You can tell he didn't paste like we did because he missed the accented character.
    10-20-08 05:42 PM
    Haha, nit picky people, way to miss the point of the post

10-20-08 05:51 PM
    I think we left out the worst of them all since 1970, Cambodia. Anyone with any education was killed.

African violence is a product of European meddling. Almost every Western European country had a colony there. They went in and drew up borders that had nothing at all to do with the African peoples. Every former colony has multiple tribes within it's borders. It's no wonder there is constant civil war and genocide where people can have ancient hatred for each other, or it could even be simple as competition for scarce resources; with no family or tribal bonds, competition becomes violence.

Sorry for contributing to the thread going off in another direction, Vinnie.
    Last edited by exelant; 10-20-08 at 06:12 PM.
    10-20-08 06:02 PM
    naw rwanda is doing it big lately they have infrastructure set up and even applied for to be inducted into the commonwealth. Darfur is another story. Damn africans why do we hate each other so much?
    Isn't Darfur Arab muslims against non muslim blacks? The arabs and their proxies drive people from their villages by killing and raping inhabitants. They then finish them off when they make it to the refugee camps? What a sad situation -- you d@mn well know we'd be in there stopping them if there was just a little oil under the ground.
    Last edited by exelant; 10-21-08 at 12:40 AM.
    10-20-08 06:10 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD