Easy. The company doesn't know what they want. The Q20 was supposed to bring over all the people whining about not having a belt and ball to play with. Now they are going back and actually releasing new OS7 products. BB10 was what they were betting on and it could still be great. But until BlackBerry has sorted out what they want and a business plan, I will go with another company. I will watch and if by the end of the year they release another BB10 smartphone and market it well and do a great job of it, I will look at going back. But they don't know what they want to focus on right now.

Posted via 10.3 on Verizon
    manant155 and jvinp like this.
    03-28-14 01:35 PM
    I don't think they are releasing new OS 7 devices. They are running another batch of 99xx devices because they have a demand and can make money off them. It sounds like they are running out of 99xx devices but have a demand for another production run.
    03-28-14 01:38 PM
    I don't think they are releasing new OS 7 devices. They are running another batch of 99xx devices because they have a demand and can make money off them. It sounds like they are running out of 99xx devices but have a demand for another production run.
    They're still running with OS7 is what I mean. And it's just the back and forth with them. For a long time the focus was on BB10. Then it started to shift backwards. Then it was middle. And now it's backwards. I just think they don't know what they want. At this point they're trying to just make money. Which is understandable. But sometimes to have to take the punches in the fight.

03-28-14 01:43 PM
    They're still running with OS7 is what I mean. And it's just the back and forth with them. For a long time the focus was on BB10. Then it started to shift backwards. Then it was middle. And now it's backwards. I just think they don't know what they want. At this point they're trying to just make money. Which is understandable. But sometimes to have to take the punches in the fight.

Personally it seems like you already made the only significant investment in regard to this company as you already own a BB 10 phone. Unless you no longer like your BB 10 phone, I'm not sure what risk you run to continue to use it. But it's your call. Enjoy whatever device you choose.
    tmf06 and coldRooster like this.
    03-28-14 01:45 PM
    Easy. The company doesn't know what they want. The Q20 was supposed to bring over all the people whining about not having a belt and ball to play with. Now they are going back and actually releasing new OS7 products. BB10 was what they were betting on and it could still be great. But until BlackBerry has sorted out what they want and a business plan, I will go with another company. I will watch and if by the end of the year they release another BB10 smartphone and market it well and do a great job of it, I will look at going back. But they don't know what they want to focus on right now.

Pretty presumptuous on your part.

My take is they know exactly what they want but are making a slight course correction until they execute on their plan. And are telling the world as they are supposed to.

This tells me they are not arrogant and willing to adjust.

In my books that counts for a lot.

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn and Jerale like this.
    03-28-14 02:43 PM
    Pretty presumptuous on your part.

My take is they know exactly what they want but are making a slight course correction until they execute on their plan. And are telling the world as they are supposed to.

This tells me they are not arrogant and willing to adjust.

In my books that counts for a lot.

Posted via CB10
    How am I being presumptuous? Is it wrong that BlackBerry can't stay with one thing? They have to move around constantly because they can't figure out what to do. It's bad business.

03-28-14 03:05 PM
    All I see them doing is continuing to push forward with BB10 devices. The production run on the 9900's is due to demand. It doesn't take BlackBerry anything to do this, but contract a manufacturer to produce the needed units.

Seems more like you have taken the statement out of context, like half the media out there, and mixing the two messages up, thinking the q20 is going to be a BlackBerry os 7 device.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 03:51 PM

So? What exactly should we do? Lol. Get over yourself dude nobody cares. Have fun. Smfh..

Posted via CB10 on my Z mfk'n 10!
    CerveloJohn and jaydee5799 like this.
    03-28-14 04:37 PM
    Well. If you're leaving don't let the door hit you on the way out!

The company is revamping itself and making a great product at the same time. If you can't deal with that, then it is time for you to go.

Mary Margaret From my Z-10
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    03-28-14 04:42 PM
    I don't really see how it affects you. If you have a Z10 or Q10 and want something better, grab the Z30. The Q20 will be out by year's end and you can pick that up. I don't see how any marketing and selling the affects you, if you try it and like it then you should get it. Just because they don't market it enough doesn't mean you can't have it or anything.

And if people are buying OS 7 devices, let them. They obviously like them, and it makes BlackBerry money. We'd like those people to get BB10 devices, but at least they are sticking with the company. But again, this doesn't affect you. If you don't want OS 7, don't get it.

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    03-28-14 04:52 PM
    So? What exactly should we do? Lol. Get over yourself dude nobody cares. Have fun. Smfh..

Posted via CB10 on my Z mfk'n 10!
    Stockholders do.and I happen to be one. My point wasn't that I'm leaving BlackBerry. It's that BlackBerry is an unstable company and I will not look at them again until they become stable. I don't know if you'll understand what I'm saying. But I'm doing my best for you.

03-28-14 06:58 PM
    I don't really see how it affects you. If you have a Z10 or Q10 and want something better, grab the Z30. The Q20 will be out by year's end and you can pick that up. I don't see how any marketing and selling the affects you, if you try it and like it then you should get it. Just because they don't market it enough doesn't mean you can't have it or anything.

And if people are buying OS 7 devices, let them. They obviously like them, and it makes BlackBerry money. We'd like those people to get BB10 devices, but at least they are sticking with the company. But again, this doesn't affect you. If you don't want OS 7, don't get it.

Posted via CB10
    Device wise it doesn't. Stocks wise it does.

03-28-14 06:59 PM

Did you also leave Microsoft when they extended Windows XP support past their original end of life period because there was still demand, even though there was 2+ OS's after?

You are free to decide what device you want, but this is very poor reasoning without a specific complaint caused by supporting both platforms. Ie, BlackBerry is spreading their resources, but that isn't a showstopper issue limiting how you use your device TODAY.

The reasoning that if they release another BB10 smartphone in this year you'll go back, also doesn't make much sense. This is only March, and two BB10 phones have already been stated to be released this year. So without a single change of communication, and they continue to release BB7 phones, you'll switch back. Nonsensical. As if iOS provides this much details about future products *eyeroll*.

"But until BlackBerry has sorted out what they want and a business plan, I will go with another company."

I think you came here just to vent that Blackberry is still expending resources on an older platform instead of devoting it all to BB10. But the lack of understanding BlackBerry's need for servicing existing customers tells me you're not willing to understand their business plan. They just had their call, and they explicitly said what they are going to do next. If you choose not to accept that, that is your problem.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    03-28-14 08:19 PM
    How am I being presumptuous? Is it wrong that BlackBerry can't stay with one thing? They have to move around constantly because they can't figure out what to do. It's bad business.

The demand for BB7 was greater than they anticipated. When customers are telling you their needs, and willing to pay you for it, you listen. If Chen told those enterprise customers "No", then I think they could have started this thread and it actually be valid, not whining over non-affecting choices.

If anything, the assumption that Enterprise would move to BB10 quicker than reality was the mistake and now they are adjusting for it by providing a smoother transition. My experience working with Indian telecoms, we thought there would be a deal put in place in 3 months for a large order and product in the field in under 6 months. It was well over 6 months before we were at that expected 3 month point, and over 1 years before we had product in the field.

Large Enterprises move SLOOOOWWWLLY.
    03-28-14 08:28 PM
    So you choose BlackBerry base on how the company is operated? I can understand when a company cross an ethical line, one chose to boycott it's product. I don't see your logic here. Maybe when Chen leave you can apply for the position?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 08:38 PM
    Did you also leave Microsoft when they extended Windows XP support past their original end of life period because there was still demand, even though there was 2+ OS's after?

You are free to decide what device you want, but this is very poor reasoning without a specific complaint caused by supporting both platforms. Ie, BlackBerry is spreading their resources, but that isn't a showstopper issue limiting how you use your device TODAY.

The reasoning that if they release another BB10 smartphone in this year you'll go back, also doesn't make much sense. This is only March, and two BB10 phones have already been stated to be released this year. So without a single change of communication, and they continue to release BB7 phones, you'll switch back. Nonsensical. As if iOS provides this much details about future products *eyeroll*.

"But until BlackBerry has sorted out what they want and a business plan, I will go with another company."

I think you came here just to vent that Blackberry is still expending resources on an older platform instead of devoting it all to BB10. But the lack of understanding BlackBerry's need for servicing existing customers tells me you're not willing to understand their business plan. They just had their call, and they explicitly said what they are going to do next. If you choose not to accept that, that is your problem.
    I don't use windows. My complaint is not that of just a user. I stated I'm a stock holder as well. And I will look at going back. I'll wait till they release the new BB10 device and see how and if it helps them. And it's not a lack of understanding their need to service customers. It's BlackBerry's lack of indecision when it comes to what they want. Maybe they do now but it's over all.

03-28-14 09:18 PM
    So you choose BlackBerry base on how the company is operated? I can understand when a company cross an ethical line, one chose to boycott it's product. I don't see your logic here. Maybe when Chen leave you can apply for the position?

Posted via CB10
    Sigh. Every stock holder does.

03-28-14 09:18 PM
    Device wise it doesn't. Stocks wise it does.

That does make sense, when you come from that angle. But when you say you are leaving, giving up the device, because of these things, that isn't justified. You can not like what they are doing, but still like the device and use it anyway. But it does make sense to give up the stock based on their actions.
    03-28-14 11:22 PM
    That does make sense, when you come from that angle. But when you say you are leaving, giving up the device, because of these things, that isn't justified. You can not like what they are doing, but still like the device and use it anyway. But it does make sense to give up the stock based on their actions.
    That my fault for being unclear. I will be leaving and no longer investing in BlackBerry. This is because of their indecisiveness. I will continue to look at their new devices but I will not purchase device or stock until I see them do better. I'm actually looking at a Note 3.

03-29-14 12:16 AM
    enjoy your note 3...
    03-29-14 02:20 AM

Hmm.. they are producing more of the same existing bolds until Q20 arrives... that's all this is..

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-29-14 02:23 AM
    That my fault for being unclear. I will be leaving and no longer investing in BlackBerry. This is because of their indecisiveness. I will continue to look at their new devices but I will not purchase device or stock until I see them do better. I'm actually looking at a Note 3.

So... let me guess. you don't have a Z30.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-29-14 02:25 AM
    Hmm.. they are producing more of the same existing bolds until Q20 arrives... that's all this is..

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    I can't remember if he said they would produce them until they Q20 arrives or indefinitely. I was under the impression he hasn't put a time frame on it.

03-29-14 08:45 AM
    So... let me guess. you don't have a Z30.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    I did. It's too small for what I do and I hate running snap. Apps don't work as well.

03-29-14 08:46 AM
    Good luck with whatever stock you buy. But if you're leaving or selling BlackBerry stock "for now", I'd suggest leaving it for good. I don't think selling low and buying high is a good strategy. And it sounds like you wouldn't buy again until you were certain their path is successful. By then the stock would most likely be higher. You'd be taking the gamble out of the game which is pretty much the whole game. Best of luck otherwise though. The note 3 is an ok device. I prefer my Z10 but it sounds like a better fit for you.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 09:17 AM
37 12