Like many of you, the BB is not my first Cph and like many of you, I've owned cellphones of many designs; i.e., from those shaped like candy bars, to the Motorola Star Tac, and even one car-phone. After the Moto Star Tac, I bought an LG Venus,...of which I thought was the best phone in the world, until I got tired of doing the "slide thing" to use the phone. Heck, I even got tired of doing the flip with the Star Tac. That said, the best thing I like about BB mobile devices is that one can work everything on a BB with one hand. At least I can and I really like that. There is no "flipping this" or "sliding that" to use the phone.

That is one of the features that is so cool about BB Smartphones.
    Last edited by JMDBERRY; 09-02-09 at 08:13 PM.
    09-02-09 08:08 PM
    You do realize this is true of very very many phones.
    09-02-09 08:22 PM
    I'm just an elitist snob, I can say I have military grade encryption for the wow factor. Even though it truly makes no difference in my life.
    09-02-09 08:28 PM
    You do realize this is true of very very many phones.
    I test handled quite a few phones before I decided on the BB Bold. Yes, there are more phones now that one can use hand to operater,...but I dare you fine one that is so well designed and responsive as a BB.

...however, if I realize anything,..I should have made this post about 2 years ago,....LOL!

TC
    Last edited by JMDBERRY; 10-08-09 at 03:51 PM.
    09-02-09 08:33 PM
    I test handled quite a few phones before I decided on the BB Bold. Yes, there are more phones now that one can use hand to operater,...but I dare you fine one that is so well designed and responsive as a BB.

...however, if I realize anything,..I should ahve made this post about 2 years ago,....LOL!

TC
    I'll take your dare. Nokia E71x - nuff said.
    09-02-09 10:02 PM
    I had this same mentality until I finally got tired of BB's and their fossil OS.

I never thought I would want another phone until I actually jumped ship a few days ago.
    09-03-09 12:39 AM
    I had this same mentality until I finally got tired of BB's and their fossil OS.

I never thought I would want another phone until I actually jumped ship a few days ago.
    I was wondering what happened to you
    09-03-09 01:22 AM
    I was wondering what happened to you
    Haha yeah dude I took the plunge and went to the iPhone
    09-03-09 01:27 AM
    Different strokes for different folks.

But I always laugh when people make fun of the BlackBerry OS. BlackBerry sells more smart phones than anyone else including Apple and RIM aren't selling them in that quantity because people are tired of the way BlackBerrys work.

Forbes Magazine has a new edition out and the lead story is the coming faceoff between RIM and Apple. Forbes put their money on RIM to dominate and Apple to lose.

Gotta kinda take issue when someone calls RIM a purveyor of "fossil software" when the choice to replace that "fossil software" is a buggy phone lacking a lot of basic features common in lots of lesser phones. Apps? Yeah they got apps -- mostly kid stuff. I'll stick with the tried and true "fossil software" that at least let's you replace a battery on the run. iPhone? Nice concept but a failed execution IMHO.

09-03-09 02:06 AM
    This is well done....and pretty funny too!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 06:19 AM
    I did the same, trading my Curve 8320 on T-Mobile for the iPhone, but after having more dropped calls in more places, I dropped the iPhone (less than 3 months after getting it). Yes, it was the iPhone and not AT&T. I could be sitting in a room with 5 other people, all with AT&T phones (BlackBerry, Motorola, etc) and the 2 of us with iPhones would not have service or would get dropped calls while everyone else had service and was able to make calls. I am a huge Apple fan, I have almost everything they have for sell with the exception of the iPhone now. After the iPhone, I went to the T-Mobile G1, less than 2 months with that phone (email service sucks), I opted for the Curve 8900. Love getting my email. I will say, I miss the touch screen and a few things about both the iPhone and G1, but will never venture away from BlackBerry again. I learned my very expensive lesson.
    Last edited by tscharron; 09-03-09 at 06:46 AM.
    09-03-09 06:43 AM
    I certainly don't miss the toy (Samsung Instinct) I had before I had my Curve.

09-03-09 07:43 AM
    Blackberrys are the best!!!! :P
    09-03-09 07:52 AM
    i also left having a storm for a LG env touch... it was a great phone, but i totally missed having a blackberry! besides the crappy OS (damn u RiM lol) i missed the storm! my fiance missed having a iphone so he left verizon to go back to AT&T for the iphone, and i missed the storm and got another! ohh my storm how i love thee!!
    09-03-09 08:21 AM
    curious then if you went to the iphone...what are you doing still in the crackberry forums... you miss the blackberry.. admit it.. your still hooked LOL
    09-03-09 08:28 AM
    Now that's just wrong.
    09-03-09 09:21 AM
    Forums Snoberator
    09-03-09 10:06 AM
    Storms are the best
    09-03-09 10:08 AM
    Different strokes for different folks.

But I always laugh when people make fun of the BlackBerry OS. BlackBerry sells more smart phones than anyone else including Apple and RIM aren't selling them in that quantity because people are tired of the way BlackBerrys work.

Forbes Magazine has a new edition out and the lead story is the coming faceoff between RIM and Apple. *Forbes put their money on RIM to dominate and Apple to lose.

Gotta kinda take issue when someone calls RIM a purveyor of "fossil software" when the choice to replace that "fossil software" is a buggy phone lacking a lot of basic features common in lots of lesser phones. *Apps? *Yeah they got apps -- mostly kid stuff. *I'll stick with the tried and true "fossil software" that at least let's you replace a battery on the run. *iPhone? *Nice concept but a failed execution IMHO.

If you're happy with your Blackberry that's fine with me. It's about what suits me best and the only person I care about satisfying is myself.*

You can go on and on about " kid stuff" but that's the same tired argument that BB users keep using. I don't know what iPhone you've used but my 3GS isn't nearly as buggy as my Bold was.

When I had my BB I never "replaced my battery on the run" because I didn't have to. It was simple to charge the phone just as is my current phone. If you have to carry another battery than you're making an argument against blackberry.*

And really, that pic is older Joan Rivers. Give it a rest. And at least find the 3gS version. My video recording works better than a BB ever did.*

curious then if you went to the iphone...what are you doing still in the crackberry forums... you miss the blackberry.. admit it.. your still hooked LOL
    I come on here because I simply can. If I was "hooked" I'd be carrying a Blackberry.*
    09-03-09 10:11 AM
    Oh and why would I need a changeable memory card for a 32gb phone that I already have easy access to explore files on through the phone and pc?
    09-03-09 10:13 AM
    Forever also comes here because he still enjoys helping members that come in here with their questions. He know BBs inside and out...so why shouldn't he keeps coming to CB...they do have their own iphone section.

Iphones are great devices and I hope vzw will get them soon. I too will be leaving BB when that happens.
    09-03-09 10:14 AM
    I certainly don't miss the toy (Samsung Instinct) I had before I had my Curve.

I just switched over to a 8330 from the same phone and I don't miss it one bit. I hate the Instinct! I really think BB is it for me forever with phones. So far I have absolutely no regrets, but it is running a little slower than when I first got it(probably because I'm an app junkie ).
    09-03-09 10:41 AM
    I was listining to a commercial on the radio for the palm pre, and they were bragging about how its one of the only phones that can run multiple applications at the same time. They said "so if you're updating facebook, you don't have to close the browser and lose what you were doing to make a phone call" or something like that. Blackberry has been doing that for awhile now, its nothing new. That annoyed me.
    Also...the only thing I like about the iphone over the blackberry is the ability to download a lot of apps without slowing down your phone. But I'm sure RIM is working on that too.

09-03-09 10:54 AM
    Berryite

Love the fossil & iphone review brilliant.
    I have just got my BB Bold 4 three weeks & loving it!Btw I am in south africa.Crackberry forum r great

09-03-09 01:24 PM
    Like many of you, the BB is not my first Cph and like many of you, I've owned cellphones of many designs; i.e., from those shaped like candy bars, to the Motorola Star Tac, and even one car-phone. After the Moto Star Tac, I bought an LG Venus,...of which I thought was the best phone in the world, until I got tired of doing the "slide thing" to use the phone. Heck, I even got tired of doing the flip with the Star Tac. That said, the best thing I like about BB mobile devices is that one can work everything on a BB with one hand. At least I can and I really like that. There is no "flipping this" or "sliding that" to use the phone.

That is one of the features that is so cool about BB Smartphones.
    I like BBs because I have used them for so long and have learned so much about them that I am truly comfortable. The worst thing for me is having a smartphone that I don't know how to use properly or fix if something goes wrong. For the first time, I feel like I have some control over my device. With other smartphones, I felt hopeless when something went wrong with either the software or hardware. I had to continually call tech support for fixes. I haven't called anyone about my Bold in almost a year. That makes me feel good. Plus, BBs really suit my lifestyle needs. They are very professional with a little fun on the side. I use it for everything and have come to rely on it more and more. Whether BlackBerrys are the best amrtphones available is an ongoing argument. But I can say that it is the best device for me, for now.

09-13-09 10:50 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD