Does anyone remember BlackBerry surePress?
    Touch the screen lightly and it responds, highlights, etc, push harder and it takes an action.
    Run your fingers over the browser to scroll, tap to activate links....

How many years ago was that?
    Wonder if BlackBerry has any patents lying around for surePress aka 3D Touch.

Posted via CB10
    The Storms only had 1 setting - click. The only force was the haptic feedback.

Tap to select and then tap again to execute were viewed as limitations at the time because BBOS 5 didn't properly support double-tapping.

The screen action was over-glorified trackball/trackpad movement.
    09-09-15 08:11 PM
    I didn't say it was from Apple. I said "other quote". You asked what the difference was. I guess you weren't asking in terms of content, but of origination.

Rounded corners *and* diamond textured back helps improve grip and feel. Are you saying that's not empirically testable? I've seen many reviews on devices noting how slippery a device is due to it having a glossy finish. I've seen posting from people relating problems with torn pockets due to sharp corners.

As for keyboard improvements to make typing easier, there can be many things. It can range from hardware tweaks, like tactile clicks, distance of throw, etc. to long press for characters with accents, new swipe gestures, heat maps, etc. There are definitely improvements that can be made to keyboards.
    I thought we were talking about just actual quotes, and not what the improvements are when you look deeper into them. It seems to me that the quote I gave from BB doesn't explain what rounded corners do nor what these keyboard improvements are. Sure you can look deeper into these statements to see what they mean just like you can look deeper into the quote from gizmodo to see what they meant by their statement., but the individual quotes don't mean anything by themselves from either.
    09-09-15 08:14 PM
    LOL, but yet people here who bought the Passport, the AT&T Passport, or the SE Passport, all in less than a year are any better than these iSheep? Or the people that bought multiple colors of the Classic within months? At least Apple is releasing improved devices year after year and not "Leap"frogging the competition with a phone two years later with the same SOC, lower PPI, and fewer sensors.

I mean seriously people you can throw up a lot of things, but the competition is improving device offering and BlackBerry is doing a lot of recycling!

Posted via Z30
    09-09-15 08:24 PM
    Lol. If you want Fischer Price buy an i product. Antiquated junk

Sent via Passport!
    yep and Blackberry to compete is going to release someone else OS because its own can only compete with feature phones..is that progress? on top of phone with internal that are beyond antiquated probably including the unreleased Venice lol
    MikeX74 likes this.
    09-09-15 08:43 PM
    I thought we were talking about just actual quotes, and not what the improvements are when you look deeper into them. It seems to me that the quote I gave from BB doesn't explain what rounded corners do nor what these keyboard improvements are. Sure you can look deeper into these statements to see what they mean just like you can look deeper into the quote from gizmodo to see what they meant by their statement., but the individual quotes don't mean anything by themselves from either.
    The BlackBerry quote explains that the rounded corners improve *grip* and *feel*. The keyboard improvements *make typing easier*. It's the same as saying "a faster CPU gives better app performance" but doesn't actually go into detail but is enough to convey an improvement. The other quote doesn't say how refining the internal nuts and bolts improve the experience for the user, other than it's giving the user something hidden that other companies "can't afford". Does refined nuts and bolts provide better grip/feel? Easier typing? What does it provide other than the feeling of having elite engineering?
    09-09-15 08:44 PM
    I never understood the itoy comment. Seems to me that Apple runs a multi-billion dollar business with their products; it's seems to be treating my them well. Doesn't it?
    09-09-15 08:46 PM
    The only way you can get by with calling Samsung or iPhone users sheep is the fact that many of them just blindly choose those phones because the sales rep said by golly this is the best. Many do 0 research, they don't know how to use much of anything on the phone. Dadgummit though my phones the best because the guy that sold it to me said so. Some BlackBerry users are sheep too. I'm not referring to the ones that have tried others and prefer BlackBerry. The ones that have always had a BlackBerry since the good old days, won't try anything else and complain because bb10 is different than their old BlackBerry os. The users of any os or brand that refuse to inform themselves are sheep. I've personally never owned an I phone. Have very limited exposure. Most of it has been trying to help a coworker figure out how to send a group text on his. Pain in the **** compared to BlackBerry. Heck it's easier to do on Android than it is on ios. Yeah there are a bunch of sheep that use iPhone but they are no more cult like than some of us BlackBerry users.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 08:47 PM
    I was loyal to BB for many years. Towards the end I was loyal even though they lost touch. Someone mentioned Chen as the problem, Heins has been mentioned ad nauseam on this subject. I switched when my Z10 died. If I wanted to stay i had to accept a 2 yr old product on a platform that is not supported by ANYONE!!! Sure, they are hacks/sideloads/ whatever the hell you want to call it but, If you want a top tier smartphone you cant get it from BB. Lets face it. If they thought they had a great product I would see it on TV. When the comp[any doesnt believe in themselves , asking me to believe wont get you far....Is the iPhone perfect? Hell no but, it's been kicking BB *** for years now. You dont have to agree with me or even acknowledge my point of view. Numbers don't lie and BB numbers are less than Apple's 1 week revenue. Seriously, Some of you are running on I don't know what!!!! You will stand here and defend a company that has made one wrong decision after another since when? 2007 now. BB10 could have been a game changer but it's not. Does it have some cool features? oh yes! But, they've all but given up on it. The company would be better if they just came out and said "Hey! We're out of the handset business" This partnership with Android? Like the Nuke deal with Iran. Works great for the Android population but it diminishes BB even more.. Pi$$ on Apple all you want. They make MONEY!!!!!!
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    09-09-15 09:26 PM
    The only way you can get by with calling Samsung or iPhone users sheep is the fact that many of them just blindly choose those phones because the sales rep said by golly this is the best. Many do 0 research, they don't know how to use much of anything on the phone. Dadgummit though my phones the best because the guy that sold it to me said so. Some BlackBerry users are sheep too. I'm not referring to the ones that have tried others and prefer BlackBerry. The ones that have always had a BlackBerry since the good old days, won't try anything else and complain because bb10 is different than their old BlackBerry os. The users of any os or brand that refuse to inform themselves are sheep. I've personally never owned an I phone. Have very limited exposure. Most of it has been trying to help a coworker figure out how to send a group text on his. Pain in the **** compared to BlackBerry. Heck it's easier to do on Android than it is on ios. Yeah there are a bunch of sheep that use iPhone but they are no more cult like than some of us BlackBerry users.

Posted via CB10
    Riiiiight.....
    LazyEvul likes this.
    09-09-15 09:29 PM
    Like wtf? Are apple users really that mental?
    Don't worry, Apple is doing just fine with every product they release post Jobs.

if you see a stylus, they blew it. In multitasking, if you see a task manager... they blew it-Steve Jobs.
    Z10 10.3.1.2267 via CB10
    09-09-15 09:38 PM
    Exactly. IPhone owners I know have one device. They don't buy one in every fricken colour.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    With a starting price north of $1,000 for the new 6s Plus, whom could afford one of every colour? I know I couldn't.

And ya know what? Many iPhone owners have more than one device. They have iPods, iPads, iMacs, AppleTV, etc. (did I miss anything?) I reckon they don't have more than one phone cuz they're all the same.

No offense to Apple owners cuz I'm surrounding by 'em, including most of my best friends, but a lot of 'em quite frankly are sheep. Great people (nice sheep), mind you, even when they are making fun of my BlackBerry cuz it can't imessage and it's minuscule marketshare (as if I care).

No better word than sheepitis comes to mind to describe the mass epidemic of classic Stockholm Syndrome sweeping the globe if ya were to ask moi. Great business model though, wish I had bought Apple's stock years ago.

Just my 2 cents sent from my Q5 using a surefrickenpress old school yet O so satisfying physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by z10Jobe; 09-09-15 at 10:46 PM.
    09-09-15 09:40 PM
    09-09-15 09:45 PM
    yep and Blackberry to compete is going to release someone else OS because its own can only compete with feature phones..is that progress? on top of phone with internal that are beyond antiquated probably including the unreleased Venice lol
    It might be big progress if BlackBerry manages to lock down their version of android.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 09:57 PM
    Yeah it's a lot different than:

"BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition delivers Passport productivity with more refined design: reinforced stainless steel frame for better durability; keyboard improvements to make typing easier; rounded corners and diamond patterned back for improved grip and feel."
    Ding ding. We have a winner.

It's time for the annual "mock Apple users and name call them while wearing blinders that we're behaving the same way we are mocking and being completely tone deaf about it" parade, I see. Get comfy.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    Smply_Rckless and MikeX74 like this.
    09-09-15 10:23 PM
    With a starting price north of $1,000 for the new 6s
    No.

The rest of your post is completely invalidated by this lie.
    MikeX74 and xandermac like this.
    09-09-15 10:33 PM
    No.

The rest of your post is completely invalidated by this lie.
    What lie?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 10:38 PM
    Ooops... I forgot the word plus after 6s. Me bahhd. The 6s starts at $899. 6splus $1,029. I will edit post to correct.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 10:45 PM
    Ooops... I forgot the word plus after 6s. Me bahhd. The 6s starts at $899. 6splus $1,029. I will edit post to correct.

Posted via CB10
    What currency? In USD the 6s starts at $650 and the 6s Plus at $750.
    09-09-15 11:00 PM
    Canada. Home of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    wilber1 likes this.
    09-09-15 11:04 PM
    and all those sheep will undoubtedly upgrade ,lol
    I moved over from iOS to a blackberry Q10 (for business) - Im also carrying a moto X 2013 to use as my multi-media device.
    I left iOS because I wanted a change (and a keyboard).

But the sheep you talk about exist on every platform - Apple are doing a great job getting people to buy their phones. The eco system that ties you to them is excellent ! but I didnt come to BB10 for that - I came for business.

AS Bakron1 said "The sad truth is that Blackberry at one time had 70% of the market" - and I remember people calling BB users sheep.

So ummm Are you angry that BB has slipped and Apple has taken its place ??
    MikeX74 likes this.
    09-09-15 11:11 PM
    So ummm Are you angry that BB has slipped and Apple has taken its place ??
    Nailed it.
    09-10-15 06:37 AM
    09-10-15 06:48 AM
    09-10-15 07:00 AM
    I never understood the itoy comment. Seems to me that Apple runs a multi-billion dollar business with their products; it's seems to be treating my them well. Doesn't it?
    Mattell and Hasbro has been doing well for years too. When a fad is hot its hot.
    09-10-15 07:14 AM
    Mattell and Hasbro has been doing well for years too. When a fad is hot its hot.
    After 8 years it's hard to objectively call the iPhone a fad.
    kbz1960 and sallenthornton like this.
    09-10-15 07:56 AM
58 123