Quote from a gizmodo article on some iphone

"The smallest details of these new nuts and bolts inside your device, which you�ll never actually see, have been refined and refined again in a way that most companies can�t afford."

Heres the link: The iPhone's New 3D Touch Is the Future of Apple User Interaction?Here's How It Works

Like wtf? Are apple users really that mental?

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    09-09-15 05:40 PM
    Lol. If you want Fischer Price buy an i product. Antiquated junk

Sent via Passport!
    09-09-15 05:47 PM
    Quote from a gizmodo article on some iphone

"The smallest details of these new nuts and bolts inside your device, which you’ll never actually see, have been refined and refined again in a way that most companies can’t afford."

Heres the link: The iPhone's New 3D Touch Is the Future of Apple User Interaction?Here's How It Works*

Like wtf? Are apple users really that mental?

Posted via R115-Aramis.

Well, just like the general population, I'll say ...
    09-09-15 05:58 PM
    Doesn't matter, it's all about marketing and they will sell 50 million of them and put another 10 billion into their already overflowing treasury.
    09-09-15 06:04 PM
    and all those sheep will undoubtedly upgrade ,lol
    09-09-15 06:05 PM
    Say what you want, as a businessperson myself, I would be happy to sell the sheep as many as they could afford to buy, it's called basic business concepts 101.

The sad truth is that Blackberry at one time had 70% of the market here in the U.S. and their stock was 125 dollars a share. Bad management and a lack of vision for what the consumer wanted put an end to that.
    09-09-15 06:10 PM
    I own an iPhone and have zero plans to upgrade. Besides... how is this an different than blackberry users (which I am one) and their upgrades?
    kbz1960, TGR1 and Cynycl like this.
    09-09-15 06:14 PM
    Exactly. IPhone owners I know have one device. They don't buy one in every fricken colour.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    09-09-15 06:18 PM
    Doesn't matter, it's all about marketing and they will sell 50 million of them and put another 10 billion into their already overflowing treasury.
    More like 50 million in the first month

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    09-09-15 06:19 PM
    Bad management and a lack of vision for what the consumer wanted put an end to that.
    Sort of like Atari years ago but, hopefully, the difference is that tech pioneer never hired a Chen to get their s--t together.

BB, Still the One
    xtremeled likes this.
    09-09-15 06:21 PM
    There's more... iMore, ... lol!

http://www.imore.com/check-out-apple...hey-siri-event

:-D

Finally, new CPU and 12MPx cam. Time to upgrade, fellas!

�   Andro-Loader (TM) - who is gonna leak ...? Black-Berry! dadadada dee dum dee dum...   �
    09-09-15 06:27 PM
    Give Apple a break. Their stock valuation depends on a yearly successful launch of the mass market iPhone. They can't play around with shapes, keyboards, and sliders to see if they can capture a niche. They have to satisfy the vast majority of their current users by offering something familiar yet upgrade-worthy.
    09-09-15 06:27 PM
    Say what you want, as a businessperson myself, I would be happy to sell the sheep as many as they could afford to buy, it's called basic business concepts 101.

The sad truth is that Blackberry at one time had 70% of the market here in the U.S. and their stock was 125 dollars a share. Bad management and a lack of vision for what the consumer wanted put an end to that.
    Exactly Bakron. Nothing I love better than coming on here with everybody complaining about iWhatever and how people are making fun of their customers. If you sell anything in the volume with accessories to i***** customers, you make enough money to buy whatever you want.

BlackBerry fans on here don't get it yet. It was serving customers like us is why the company is circling the drain. People will spend their money based on herd mentality and popularity. It's why you'll never see Joe's coffee, Jane's all natural healthy restaurant etc displacing McDonald's, Chik Fila and Starbucks. Accept it for what you see in front of you. Apple is kicking everyone's ***. Buy 10 shares in the company. I'm not a fan of their products, but I like the profits....

Posted via CB10
    bakron1 and MikeX74 like this.
    09-09-15 06:39 PM
    BlackBerry would be lucky and grateful to have as many "sheep" buying their products as Apple does. Just saying.
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    09-09-15 07:01 PM
    Exactly Bakron. Nothing I love better than coming on here with everybody complaining about iWhatever and how people are making fun of their customers. If you sell anything in the volume with accessories to i***** customers, you make enough money to buy whatever you want.

BlackBerry fans on here don't get it yet. It was serving customers like us is why the company is circling the drain. People will spend their money based on herd mentality and popularity. It's why you'll never see Joe's coffee, Jane's all natural healthy restaurant etc displacing McDonald's, Chik Fila and Starbucks. Accept it for what you see in front of you. Apple is kicking everyone's ***. Buy 10 shares in the company. I'm not a fan of their products, but I like the profits....

Posted via CB10
    I agree. But on the contrary they've taken Jane's all natural restaurant 'artist values' not McDonald's. That's the genius, they're hippies with financing They've always marketed themselves on their values and never made their mission about the money. The masses love that. What I found very bizarre today was the mention of productivity and bringing Microsoft on stage.... Artists and the public will feel betrayed if this continues...Corporations are supposedly the bad people. Apple is good and honest. Sells like hotcakes.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 07:17 PM
    Give Apple a break. Their stock valuation depends on a yearly successful launch of the mass market iPhone. They can't play around with shapes, keyboards, and sliders to see if they can capture a niche. They have to satisfy the vast majority of their current users by offering something familiar yet upgrade-worthy.
    Which is pretty much what Z10 and Z30 owners ask for on a regular basis around here.

Guess we're not much different from the Apple fans.

Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    09-09-15 07:21 PM
    BlackBerry would be lucky and grateful to have as many "sheep" buying their products as Apple does. Just saying.
    Don't forget, at one point this community was the "sheep" and the Symbian and webOS folks used to say the same stuff about CrackBerrians (or is it Crackites).

Circle of tech life and all that, I guess.
    TGR1 likes this.
    09-09-15 07:25 PM
    Yeah it's a lot different than:

"BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition delivers Passport productivity with more refined design: reinforced stainless steel frame for better durability; keyboard improvements to make typing easier; rounded corners and diamond patterned back for improved grip and feel."
    LazyEvul likes this.
    09-09-15 07:38 PM
    Yeah it's a lot different than:

"BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition delivers Passport productivity with more refined design: reinforced stainless steel frame for better durability; keyboard improvements to make typing easier; rounded corners and diamond patterned back for improved grip and feel."
    I would say the difference with this quote, where BlackBerry tells you how these enhancements help the user, the other quote tells you how "nuts and bolts" (probably literally) inside the device (which you will never see and "most companies can't afford") does nothing for usability, but is about elitism.
    09-09-15 07:48 PM
    Don't forget, at one point this community was the "sheep" and the Symbian and webOS folks used to say the same stuff about CrackBerrians (or is it Crackites).

Circle of tech life and all that, I guess.
    Seems like a lot of people that call others "sheep" forget that BlackBerry once had the biggest flock.
    09-09-15 07:54 PM
    I would say the difference with this quote, where BlackBerry tells you how these enhancements help the user, the other quote tells you how "nuts and bolts" (probably literally) inside the device (which you will never see and "most companies can't afford") does nothing for usability, but is about elitism.
    The actual difference is that one quote is from a blog and not Apple and the other is an actual quote from the company. And please, tell me how the rounded corners are explaining an improvement or saying that "Keyboard improvements" explain what those improvements are.
    Last edited by donnation; 09-09-15 at 08:07 PM.
    09-09-15 07:56 PM
    There's more... iMore, ... lol!

http://www.imore.com/check-out-apple...hey-siri-event

:-D

Finally, new CPU and 12MPx cam. Time to upgrade, fellas!

�   Andro-Loader (TM) - who is gonna leak ...? Black-Berry! dadadada dee dum dee dum...   �
    Honestly I'd never mention camera upgrades in a discussion pertaining to Apple. BB is embarrassing in that department.
    09-09-15 07:58 PM
    Does anyone remember BlackBerry surePress?
    Touch the screen lightly and it responds, highlights, etc, push harder and it takes an action.
    Run your fingers over the browser to scroll, tap to activate links....

How many years ago was that?
    Wonder if BlackBerry has any patents lying around for surePress aka 3D Touch.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 07:59 PM
    The actual difference is that one quote is from a blog and not Apple and the other is an actual quote from the company. And please, tell me how the rounded corners are explaining an improvement or saying that "Keyboard improvements explain what those improvements are."
    I didn't say it was from Apple. I said "other quote". You asked what the difference was. I guess you weren't asking in terms of content, but of origination.

Rounded corners *and* diamond textured back helps improve grip and feel. Are you saying that's not empirically testable? I've seen many reviews on devices noting how slippery a device is due to it having a glossy finish. I've seen posting from people relating problems with torn pockets due to sharp corners.

As for keyboard improvements to make typing easier, there can be many things. It can range from hardware tweaks, like tactile clicks, distance of throw, etc. to long press for characters with accents, new swipe gestures, heat maps, etc. There are definitely improvements that can be made to keyboards.
    09-09-15 08:09 PM

Very true!

 Classic
    09-09-15 08:11 PM
58 123