So, I an living with a bunch of europeans here in the US for the summer. I have noticed that they all have very sleek, nice phones. I have seen bothing like these in the states. I find it to be very strange that these nice phones are available in Europe but not in the US. Is there any reason why these aren't available here?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-07 02:41 PM
    To put it simply, in Europe, we're ahead, way ahead. We're already on 3G, USA are just coming up to par...
    07-15-07 03:11 PM
    We are way ahead but the phones do look good but they are sh*t really.....When i was a normal cell phone user i probably changed every month but since my BB days i have left.....
    07-15-07 03:45 PM
    Different culture in Europe than USA.

First of all, in Europe, mobile telephony was introduced earlier than the US. Worlds' biggest mobile phones companies are located in Europe (e.g. Nokia, SonyEricsson etc).

And most of all, people in Europe wants more from their cellphone.

GPRS, 3G, HSDA etc. Nobody will buy a phone less than that. Also camera, sms, mms, bluetooth, wifi... Text messaging is widely used.

From the other hand, in US, people is using Blackberry.. In Greece for example, I have only one friend who has a berry, all the others had HTC, SE, Nokia...

And with GPRS, the truth is you can do everything with a cell phone. Maybe not so easy to use as a blackberry, but PocketPC phones are do it very well...
    Last edited by vegos; 07-15-07 at 04:13 PM.
    07-15-07 04:10 PM
    Also it's real easy for a county to change standards and upgrade when it's the size of TX
    07-15-07 05:43 PM
    you think europe is ahead, you should do research japan phone and service. DoCOMo is working on 300Mbps wireless network right now and planned to have in service by 2010. Thats like 2x faster than a OC-3

click me
    Last edited by timatl; 07-16-07 at 08:54 AM.
    07-16-07 08:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD