Some people have blackberrys and don't use them much. It makes me sad to know that a friend of mine has one of the new curves and doesn't even try to understand how to use all the features. Like, I mean, some people just use it for calls, they don't even bother setting up email, messages, social sites, internet, etc... Why even get a bb in the first place right? If you can afford to get a bb in the first place, you should be able to take advantage of the data plan features, right?
    10-10-09 12:43 AM
    I second that. It's like neglect or something. It should be illeagle for people that don't deserve or appreciate their berry to do so.
    10-10-09 12:55 AM
    Wrong. It is up to each individual to decide how they use what
    they spend their money on. Not you, me or anyone else.

Some people like the call quality, form factor, PDA functionality,
    etc.... It is total snobbery to look down on people who don't do
    what others feel they should do with their personal property.

Do you look down on the people who ONLY text because they
    hate talking on the phone? They fall in to your under-use
    category too.

As much as I appreciate my BlackBerry (it is not a "berry")
    I fail to understand this elitist attitude.
    10-10-09 01:04 AM
    Do you program on your computer? If you don't do you compile programs for programs? When your CPU is idle do you donate resources to other causes? Do you game? Do you shut it off? Wasting computer resources posting on a forum is a waste.. Put that thing to work!
    10-10-09 04:29 AM
    Mine is in my hand for most of the day. Use it for work, play, everything
    10-10-09 04:47 AM

category too.

As always, I completely agree with graceless. At the very root of the BlackBerry is a phone, and a good one at that. Some people own a BlackBerry and don't use it as a phone. Is it up to the owner of the device to decide how to use it best. I happen to be one of those people to prefer txting over talking, just wanted to add that
    10-10-09 05:16 AM
    I understand both perspectives. I bought my Bold with every intention on trying it out for a while and then selling it. Now after having it and understanding how much utility lies within the device I'm having a hard time letting it go. But not taking advantage of what these devices have to offer is kinda like using a Ferrari as a grocery getter. But hey, to each their own.
    10-10-09 05:36 AM

category too.

i second this... everyone has their own choice..whether or not to actually try to get to know their own mobile fones
    10-10-09 05:58 AM
    Wow, you people are serious. I was joking. I could care less.
    Sorry. Thought this was a fun thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 06:12 AM
    But not taking advantage of what these devices have to offer is kinda like using a Ferrari as a grocery getter. But hey, to each their own.
    I agree. True people are free to spend their money on what they want, but its always been hard for me to understand why spend the money and only use 10% of the capabilities.

10-10-09 08:10 AM
    i know right. there"s 2 much seriousness about a phone- now our current administration......

10-10-09 08:31 AM
    I speculate it is simply due to a lack of knowledge of the device and all of its capabilities. I'm sure some were sold a device that had more capabilities than they needed when purchasing a new phone. Some people are simply ignorant to everything electronic and trust others to make decisions for them.

I don't care if someone knowingly purchases a Blackberry and decides to only makes calls on it. I do have a problem with someone being sold a Blackberry when their needs would've been better suited with a "lesser" device.

10-10-09 08:38 AM
    If a blackberry is the #1 thing in your life - you need to see a psychiatrist.
    10-10-09 08:38 AM
    Wow. You guys enjoy crashing a party huh. The guy was just kidding and all you guys can do is jump down his throat for no reason. Sheesh. People get real bada$$ on the internet. It would have been a lot easier just to skip this thread if you didn't agree but you all just had to make your mark in it and destroy what could have been a fun thread. I agree wit the OP just for kicks. Do you all really think he really gives a $#!+ what other people spend their money on. I saw the humor in the thread when I read the title dam lighten up folks!

Last edited by CooperBerry9530; 10-10-09 at 08:49 AM.
    10-10-09 08:46 AM
    it doesn't matter to me what people do with their berries...i make full use of mine lol. and i agree that this shoulda been a fun thread. my husband doesn't make full use of his berry like me. i use mine for everything and download apps that will my make like eaiser. my husband just uses it for a phone, some calendar appointments, and DRAINS is battery for...wait for it...the game brick breaker LOL
    10-10-09 10:13 AM
    i have a circle of 20 friends who all got blackberry this year... it first started with 3 ppl... then we started having our little own circle because of bbm... now everyone wants to join the circle and be cool with bbm!

GUESS WHAT! out of the 20 ppl... only 3 of us make full use of our blackberry! the other 17 ppl... they don't even have the latest firmware or use any apps! dun even knoe how to set up there phone option! everything is like brand new and not touch, like it just came out of the box! WTF! nooobs!!! effing bbm made everyone get one! i hate seeing a bb not getting use to its full potential!
    10-10-09 10:20 AM
    I had a buddy who picked up a blackberry at an at&t store that was closing in ten minutes. So he took off and didn't get any help understanding it,even though they offered. I kept telling him I would help him set up email and get some apps onto his phone. Months went by and he finally took me up on my offer and he could not be happier.
    10-10-09 10:22 AM
    I have no problem at all with people not using a device to it's potential, even though it's like buying a top of the line gaming PC to play solitare and surf the internet.

To each their own. I'm still making good use of my W580i - it's now one of my many alarm clocks.....the more of them the better, I'm a heavy sleeper.
    10-10-09 10:39 AM
    All sorts of consumer electronics are "underused" when one simply looks at the device's complete capabilities (eg: notebooks, BluRay DVD players, mobile phones, etc). Why should it bother me how someone chooses to use a product they paid their own good money for? The carriers are all effective at training their CSRs to teach users how to use phones (whether BlackBerry or others). If the user elects to not take the provider up on said training it's up to them. This is a free country still
    10-10-09 10:58 AM
    The person who began the thread just wants everyone to enjoy the awesomeness of the blackberry the way that they do, but some people only get the phone as a status symbol. Blackberries are great devices, but you guys should really relax, it is not that serious.
    10-10-09 12:35 PM
    it bothers me to when i see people who have blackberries and all they use them for is txt messaging or phone calls. I feel bad for the blackberries when i see that because i know the potential that the phones have and those will never see there full capabilities
    10-10-09 01:31 PM
    It took me a while too learn my "berry" simply because nobody I knew had one. However I use my my "berry" mostley for the internet/media capabilities and txting @ work.

10-10-09 02:14 PM
    Hmmm, interesting comments. I enjoy the convenience of my bb don't get me wrong. Some people are obsessed with their toys and some aren't. I just feel like, if you can afford to buy a bb, you should use it for more than just a phone.
    10-10-09 06:48 PM
    I agree about people getting too serious about this topic, but everyone is free to spend their money as they wish and to use their BBs as they wish. Still, people should get the right tool for the job. A blackberry is an overkill for just talking and texting. Oh well! I suppose it works to RIM's and our advantage. If RIM is making good money on BB sales than they'll have money for R&D to develop new and cool blackberries! yay!
    10-10-09 07:47 PM
    Don't get me wrong I love my BlackBerry, but @ the end of the day its just a phone. If I bought the new S2 & never turned it on & decided to use it only as a paper weight then that's my choice. As long as everyones BlackBerry meets their own individual standards/needs that is all that matters.

10-10-09 07:54 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD