04-28-11 12:30 PM
84 1234
tools
    Seems like everyone meandering in here has an iPhone.
    03-10-10 01:00 PM
    Lies, this is a blackberry forum.

We're just charading as iPhone users.
    03-10-10 01:01 PM
    *passing around petition to get this thread closed*
    03-10-10 01:01 PM
    Maybe turn it into an anti-moderator thread? Those are always alot of fun
    *backs away slowly, whistling non-chalantly*
    03-10-10 01:10 PM
    This topic has been covered i think 1.2 million times on Crackberry.

Apple's iPhone = media based iPod touch with a what some will call a phone applications

RIM's Blackberry = a good communication device with the ability to run third party applications, and browse the web SLOWLYwhen needed.
    I have no point, I just felt like bugging Mike.
    03-10-10 07:06 PM
    I do not have an iPhone, but do have an iPod touch. and my Blackberry's

I got the iPod touch for the bigger screen, and I needed a new MP3 player when running, and wanted the photograph zoom for some work pictures that are a pain on my BB.

I gotta day, after a few days with the iPod touch, MAN DO I HATE IT, now things might change after a jailbreak, and some more tinkering, syncing media over is a pain, ( especially since most of my syncing has been excel / word/ pdf files, so I had to use Documents to Go's desktop application,
    Excel though documents to go on the iPod Touch does not compare to the blackberry, when scrolling through Large files it is much faster on the BB then the iPod, as the iPod at high speeds grey's out the screen while scrolling, a real pain when dealing with long lists of 10-12 digit part numbers,
    I very much miss the hold for Cap feature of my BB on the iPod, **** I miss it on my keyboard now while typing this!,

I like how I can customize my desired view on my BB, I have yet to figure it out on the iPod, and I assume the iPhone is the same, my use of the iPhone has been limited as I didn't like the sound from it that my buddy has, but really bluetooth corrects that. my home screen on my BB is
    Messages / Calendar / Excel / Contacts / Browser / Media across the top
    and BBM in the bottom left, SMS bottom right, that is all I need at quick hand, then I like a nice image as my wall paper

once I go to the next screen again the apps are arranged by most used for by me, in apple land they tell me what is on the main screen, I can't remove them or hide the ones I'll never use ( if I can someone tell me, I've been to busy with work to forum hunt and have spent too much time just loading things on this )

my over all experince with the touch interface by Apple and the desktop sync is Sub par, as a heavy BB user I am accustom to too many BB features, that and having numbers on another keyboard kills me, my part numbers are alpha numeric and I take twice as long on the ipod as on the bb to type them out, I'll attribute most of that to lack of familiarity with the touch screen input, giving myself maybe a 10% time loss after I get better, but still on 30-40 e-mails a day I want to keep my 10% time.

I would fight my company if they tried to give me an iPhone over a BB
    03-10-10 07:36 PM
    Definitely Blackberry. I prefer reliable email service over bells n' whistles.
    03-10-10 07:48 PM
    deRusett:

14 digit part #'s, FTW!
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 03-10-10 at 08:06 PM.
    03-10-10 08:04 PM
    14 digit part #'s, FTW!

alpha-numeric or just numeric :P

Also
    do you type them out then in your iphone using the search ( why isn't it included in the cut/copy bubble? I search 1000 times for every cut/copy) or do you scroll on the screen?
    03-10-10 08:07 PM
    alpha-numeric or just numeric :P Both

Also
    do you type them out then in your iphone using the search ( why isn't it included in the cut/copy bubble? I search 1000 times for every cut/copy) or do you scroll on the screen?
    Are you nuts! I don't use this thing for work!
    03-10-10 08:19 PM
    I figure once the name calling starts, you can casually mention the Storm...

Thatll stop 'em dead in their tracks.
    Name calling? I'm on it Mr. Prada sir!

Iphone=Toy

Blackberry= work tool
    mjbesen = boy toy

mjbeson = tool
    03-10-10 09:09 PM
    Storm and iPhone < Cricket.
    03-10-10 09:12 PM
    Are you nuts! I don't use this thing for work!
    well dagnabbit!! All the talk about how the iphone was ready for business, I got the iPod Touch as a supplement device ggrrrrr
    03-11-10 12:05 AM
    OMG can people not just be friggin happy for one another without people getting all *** hurt?!
    03-11-10 01:46 AM
    Although I love Apple and love my mabook I hate iPhones, I had 4 iphone and since I got my 9000 and now my 9700 I can't use any other mobile phone, I love my ? because of its physical qwerty keyboard, the better battery life and the BIS because when I was on my iphone I had to ched manually my mails! And I looove BBM of course

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-10 01:53 AM
    Are you aware that iphones have pushed email?!?!? and they two way sync ! ! !

That's what I hate.
    I like to delete stuff from my BB so that others can't see it.

On my iPod touch, (yes I have both) I have to kill it from my gmail inbox to get it off the device.

03-11-10 06:19 AM
    I ended this argument by doing one simple thing. I bought both.
    03-12-10 03:46 PM
    Me too! [10 char]
    03-12-10 04:39 PM
    Do you like it so far?
    03-12-10 11:40 PM
    Me too! [10 char]
    I more care about how you like your other non iphone non BB phones.

do either of you use Excel? Word? power Point?
    do either of you type lots of letter/number combinations in day to day activity?

STILL can't stand my ipod Touch for business related stuff, but I'm enjoying it more and more on a personal level with image viewing, and web surfing. my Uncle who is an iPhone wielder said I should have waited for a Driod device, Apples offerings are not up to snuff, though neither of us have used Driod related devices yet
    03-13-10 06:02 AM
    Man, it always comes down to an opinion, which of course leads to these comparisons.

Both phones are really good, but they do seem to have pluses and negatives about them. No need to mention them again, lol!

Only reason I have a 9700 Bold is it suites me perfectly and I need a physical keyboard, granted Apples virtual keyboard seems to be the best out of the touchscreens I have used. Try the mytouch sometime, lol! Also I loathe AT&T. Horrible CS here, not to mention coverage is horrendous in these parts.

If it wasn't for that, I may have an Apple iPhone of course it would have to share space with my 9700 which I love dearly.
    03-14-10 01:27 PM
    Man, it always comes down to an opinion, which of course leads to these comparisons.

Both phones are really good, but they do seem to have pluses and negatives about them. No need to mention them again, lol!

Only reason I have a 9700 Bold is it suites me perfectly and I need a physical keyboard, granted Apples virtual keyboard seems to be the best out of the touchscreens I have used. Try the mytouch sometime, lol! Also I loathe AT&T. Horrible CS here, not to mention coverage is horrendous in these parts.

If it wasn't for that, I may have an Apple iPhone of course it would have to share space with my 9700 which I love dearly.
    the main reason I use my iPhone over the blackberry is the applications, there capabilities and email. Also the browser. I get on the Internet a lot when out and about with friends or when debating at lunch with coworker or whatever.
    03-14-10 01:40 PM
    First of all, I'm totally laughing at some of the comments in this thread. Apple Vs. BlackBerry always brings the LOLs. :P Anyway, I love Apple, I own a MacBook and an iPod, but the iPhone just doesn't appeal to me. Sure, it's pretty, but so is my 9700. And I'm just not a fan of the whole touchscreen thing. I tried it out at the Apple store and while it's a decent phone, I can't stand the touchscreen keyboard. You'd think since it's a touchscreen the keys would be a bit bigger, but nope. They're pretty narrow and it's a pain to type a simple word on, at least for me. It's not a bad phone, but it's just not for me. I just absolutely love BlackBerry, especially my 9700. I had an 8100 and then switched over to the 9700 recently and I'm not switching. I can do practically everything on this BB and, of course, BBM. I'm like, obsessed with BBM now. I can't live without it! Basically, the iPhone isn't totally horrible, but I like, don't die over it, you know what I mean? I did over the 9700, though. I'd rather just get an iPod Touch. Except for the phone calls, it's pretty much the same thing.
    03-17-10 05:22 PM
    First of all, I'm totally laughing at some of the comments in this thread. Apple Vs. BlackBerry always brings the LOLs. :P Anyway, I love Apple, I own a MacBook and an iPod, but the iPhone just doesn't appeal to me. Sure, it's pretty, but so is my 9700. And I'm just not a fan of the whole touchscreen thing. I tried it out at the Apple store and while it's a decent phone, I can't stand the touchscreen keyboard. You'd think since it's a touchscreen the keys would be a bit bigger, but nope. [b]They're pretty narrow and it's a pain to type a simple word on, at least for me[\b]. It's not a bad phone, but it's just not for me. I just absolutely love BlackBerry, especially my 9700. I had an 8100 and then switched over to the 9700 recently and I'm not switching. I can do practically everything on this BB and, of course, BBM. I'm like, obsessed with BBM now. I can't live without it! Basically, the iPhone isn't totally horrible, but I like, don't die over it, you know what I mean? I did over the 9700, though. I'd rather just get an iPod Touch. Except for the phone calls, it's pretty much the same thing.
    To each their own, but I wonder if you were using it in portrait mode rather than landscape? In portrait mode, you do have to be careful, as the keys are small. In landscape mode however, the keys seem bigger than on a blackberry.
    03-17-10 07:18 PM
    To each their own, but I wonder if you were using it in portrait mode rather than landscape? In portrait mode, you do have to be careful, as the keys are small. In landscape mode however, the keys seem bigger than on a blackberry.
    really depends on your fingers, I have a very hard go of it in either mode on the touch screen vs the BB keyboard,

slowly getting better, but seriously if I had to type one of my average e-mails on the apple keyboard it would be faster for me to just break out my laptop at lunch and type it on the PC.
    03-17-10 07:24 PM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD