Ha! Not trying to offend, just pointing out the comedy in that statement.

I would take this bet.

Despite how you word it, this is a matter of opinion. I do not "know" that the iPhone is easier to use than my BB and I guarantee alot of people agree with me here.

I have no problem with an iPhone, I like them alot actually. If I had the money, I'd have an iPhone and a BB (probably a Droid and Nexus too)

The only reasons I chose a Tour over an iPhone are-

1. My carrier, Cellular South. Cannot beat their Smartphone plan price.
    2. Familiarity. I'm used to BB's now
    3. Ease of use (IMO) Not that they're any easier to use than an iPhone, it's just debatable.
    4. Full QWERTY
    5. Physical design. If I had an iPhone, I would break it.
    I don't think in the ease of us category a blackberry compares to an iPhone at all. Not even close.
    03-10-10 11:52 AM
    I had to jump in here and respond to each of these unfounded comments.

in closing several things prevent me personally from owning a iPhone
    1) physical keyboard - no iPhone will EVER have that

The virtual keyboard is better anyway, since it can tailor itself to the current way it's being used.

2) it's a apple product, you pay for a BMW and get a Ford

This makes no sense. You pay for the best hardware, you get the best hardware. Show me a BB that has an oleophobic glass screen, compass, or accelerometer.

3) i have no use for 9.2 million applications that will not benefit my life in one way / shape / fashion or form

You would if you could.

4) fanbois - i refuse to be an apple fanboi, and before you thrown me under the "RIM fanboi status" i've used Android, WinMo and RIM fits me the best, and they are still middle of the road as far as i am worried

It's up to you whether you become a "fanboi" - I have an iPhone and a BB and am a "fanboi" for neither.

5) touch screen phones = pure junk

This is a moronic statement.

6) why do i want a phone that will sync with itunes for .99 cents a song when i can listen to all the slacker i want for free?

Becuase it's nice to actually have your own music library.

7) the DPI on my 9700 is alot higher than a iphone

Who cares, the screen is 2.5 inches.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 11:52 AM
    I had to jump in here and respond to each of these unfounded comments.
    i said me personally, these are my opinions and i am entitled to them.

1) i've own pure touch screens and dual input phones (touch screens/keyboard) and i cannot stand to use a touch screen. (HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Dual Touch, Blackberry Storm, Moto Cliq)
    2) apple do not use the best hard ware.... the Android Nexus1 blows the iphone out of the water on every HW point
    3) no i wouldn't my life is way to busy to figure out what app to use at what point in time, and where it is on my stupid phone
    4) 9/10 people who post on blogs or forums are pure fanbois
    5) not moronic - it's call personal opinion
    6) i don't need a music library i hate listening to the same songs over and over, #1 reason i do not listen to FM radio
    7) i care, and thats all that matters to ME when it comes to MY phone.

Last edited by mjneid; 03-10-10 at 11:59 AM.
    03-10-10 11:54 AM
    You certainly are... I'm just calling out things that might mislead other unbiased readers.

i said me personally, these are my opinions and i am entitled to them.

03-10-10 11:56 AM
    you did say a blackberry needs a road map
    in the statement you chose which you took word for word, you clearly made my point valid. The iPhone in my opinion deletes the generation gap, that the blackberry does not. as far as the roadmap the iphone doesnt need one thats all, if you felt i said the blackberry does then im sorry but i havent seen a blackberry sold that didn't come with a pamphlet, i have nothing against the blackberry im just saying the iphone is easier to firgure out and manuaver around for the average person buying a smartphone.
    Last edited by iPhoneLoyalist; 03-10-10 at 12:03 PM.
    03-10-10 11:59 AM
    I don't think in the ease of us category a blackberry compares to an iPhone at all. Not even close.
    And our opinions differ.

I clearly stated it was my opinion but the way you word your posts make it sound like fact.
    03-10-10 11:59 AM
    in the statement you chose which you took word for word it does not say blackberry in it lol, you clearly made my point valid
    in the sentence correct, implied it's there bucko.

03-10-10 12:02 PM
    I'm iPhone VS Blackberry pooped out for the day guys you can have this thread there will be 100 more when i come back on after lunch, time to go and grab a bite to eat, yall have a nice day, just check out my sig.
    03-10-10 12:07 PM
    its funny these Iphone guys think they have a buisness phone! lol yeah okay buddy, keep thinking that....

another major item that keeps me with Blackberrys is BBM! I could not go through a day without BBM

obviously these Iphone guys still want Blackberrys since there in one of the biggest Blackberry Fourms out there! There must be a reason there not in a Apple Forum...
    03-10-10 12:10 PM
    I'm iPhone VS Blackberry pooped out for the day guys you can have this thread there will be 100 more when i come back on after lunch, time to go and grab a bite to eat, yall have a nice day, just check out my sig.
    *shakes head in disbelief*

you cannot see signatures from the WAP site....

03-10-10 12:12 PM
    This topic is destined to be closed.
    03-10-10 12:13 PM
    *shakes head in disbelief*

you cannot see signatures from the WAP site....

oh my bad i don't use WAP sites im on an iPhone i just look at the regular site.
    03-10-10 12:13 PM
    oh my bad i don't use WAP sites im on an iPhone i just look at the regular site.
    That's cool, i use the WAP site for all of my post, i even when i am on my work or personal PC. look at all of my post they all have WAP signature on them.

03-10-10 12:17 PM
    Ouch, sick burn... You can view full sites on a BB too.

Yes the iPhone's browser is better, you win. Just pointing out it's just as possible on a BB to view full sites.
    03-10-10 12:18 PM
    its funny these Iphone guys think they have a buisness phone! lol yeah okay buddy, keep thinking that....

another major item that keeps me with Blackberrys is BBM! I could not go through a day without BBM

obviously these Iphone guys still want Blackberrys since there in one of the biggest Blackberry Fourms out there! There must be a reason there not in a Apple Forum...
    ok i guess i still have some fight left since i use my phone for work. Why is the iPhone not a business phone? I use Microsoft exchange email to hook up to my government run work servers here at the NSA. its approved by my employer, i recieve push email like you. My emails are not truncated. the only thing my phone doesn't have that yours has is BBM, but all my co-workers installed "whatsapp", due to the large amount of people switching to the iPhone here, and all of us iPhone users use pMessenger . I would never say we have a better business device then the Blackberry, but the iPhone is a business capable phone and is used world-wide by many corporations as their primary business device. Can you justify what makes my statements wrong, and why it isn't a business phone.
    03-10-10 12:18 PM
    I have an iPhone AND a BB. Crackberry is better than TiPb so I am here more often

03-10-10 12:19 PM
    Ouch, sick burn... You can view full sites on a BB too.

Yes the iPhone's browser is better, you win. Just pointing out it's just as possible on a BB to view full sites.
    I know you can, i was just saying my bad because i have never used a wap site so i had no idea you couldnt see signatures.
    03-10-10 12:19 PM
    I know you can, i was just saying my bad because i have never used a wap site so i had no idea you couldnt see signatures.
    Ok, my mistake. Sorry if I insulted you, I thought it was a jab at the BB's browser.
    03-10-10 12:20 PM
    Ok, my mistake. Sorry if I insulted you, I thought it was a jab at the BB's browser.
    no no its cool. Dude i like the Blackberry, I just don't like people crushing on my i-Toy thats all. The arguments i have on here always start out civil with one person bith recognizing the faults of both platforms and then 2, 3 , and 4 people come in name calling iphone this iphone that you be quit with your toy, and then i start up as well. its a good stress reliever though lol. But no im not Blackberry browser basher we all have our faults.
    03-10-10 12:24 PM
    This thread needs to die... Please.
    03-10-10 12:27 PM
    I figure once the name calling starts, you can casually mention the Storm...

Thatll stop 'em dead in their tracks.
    03-10-10 12:27 PM
    I personally started using my iPhone over my Bold because it was more fun to use. Honestly, life's too short, you should have fun with even the most simplest of things.
    03-10-10 12:34 PM
    I switched to a Storm a while ago. I loved this phone. But to me, it's still no where near as advanced as it should be. Neither are the new BB's RIMs coming up with... Screw the email. I'll use my computer and be happy. Give us some upgrades. They've got a few months to come up with something worthy of my money, or I'll be over to Apple for my phone too I already swtiched computers
    03-10-10 12:49 PM
    Satan freaking christ. Another one of these??
    03-10-10 12:55 PM
    Yes another... I hope it gets closed.
    03-10-10 12:57 PM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD