Hello everybody!!

The tiltle is pretty obvious I think.
    Why are you owner of a BlackBerry and not an iPhone or vice versa????

03-10-10 07:55 AM
    This topic has been covered i think 1.2 million times on Crackberry.

Apple's iPhone = media based iPod touch with a what some will call a phone applications

RIM's Blackberry = a good communication device with the ability to run third party applications, and browse the web when needed.
    03-10-10 08:09 AM
    I'm sure the iphone is a great device, as is a palm, droid and any other smart phone. They all do the same basic things, with slight variances and their own strong/weak areas. I think the bb is more of a working tool that can also do some fun stuff, while the iphone is more of a play tool that can also do some work stuff.

But the bottom line for me is this...I chose the bb because it suited my business/play needs and because I think the network your on is more important than the device you have. We've all seen the "maps." Not the stupid telephone maps, but the data maps. The fact is, if you travel around the country, there are many, many, many more places that you will have 3G data services with verizon than with at&t. If you don't travel much and live in a good at&t area, then at&t is as good as anybody else.

The reason I stick with my bb is because I choose to be satisfied with what I have. It is a choice that we all get to make...love the one your with, or spend your life looking for that greener pasture.
    03-10-10 08:13 AM
    BB, because most most people with an IPhone have one because its in style and everyone has one. I don't like to walk around my school and see everyone with the same curve that I have.
    Plus blackberry is just better!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 08:26 AM
    I choose the iPhone as my primary device because its simple. Works great with my job, and also as a personal phone. its the best of both worlds.
    03-10-10 08:33 AM
    Fixed typo in title.
    03-10-10 08:38 AM
    For me it's pretty simple, the keyboard. I did look at an iphone before I got my first Blackberry but even despite a friend lending me his iphone for a weekend I just couldn't get to grips with the on screen virtual keyboard.

Contrast that to the Blackberry which when I tried it in the shop just felt natural to type on.

Yes the Blackberry does fall short on apps compared to the iphone but a lot of the iphone apps are really silly and pointless whereas the more limited ones available for the Blackberry are functional.
    03-10-10 09:01 AM
    Iphone=Toy

Blackberry= work tool
    03-10-10 09:04 AM
    I choose iPhone over the Blackberry because it is a fun operating system when doing anything. From scheduling my week using the Things application to working discussing job projects while on the Bus headed to work or at home over pmessenger with co-workers, and the super fast push email from microsoft exachange at work, and my personal email coming from home over mobile me that i dont have to wait on. Also the interaction with my family it allows is the biggest perk for me by far, it bings us together no matter how far were apart. playing games with my son over wifi while he is at daycare eating lunch and having playtime when he is the only one there in the morning is great!!!. We play homerunbattle everyday for breakfast, and monopoly with the whole family when im out of town on business trips all on our iPhones (my youngest son his iPod touch. "which is very rewarding I allow my youngest child to use his with me at daycare in the morning and at home when its time for him to study his numbers and letters, except on Saturday when he can have it most of the day so he can be like his big brother he doesnt walk around with it all week". And Finally I choose my iPhone over a Blackberry for the generation gap it deletes from my life. my family can all use this thing and understand it easily without having a roadmap of pamphlet to do it. My father at 57 has one and my oldest son at 8, and they both talk everyday and play games and its just great, and when my father takes my boys out to eat he really makes their day when using the app urbanspoon which randomly pics a resturaunt for you or you can set limits so that it doesnt pick anything to wild for their young taste buds. Also my sons both use this to learn from this with itunes and the education sections, as well as the app store and its plethora of fun fact apps in the education section. Its truly a smartphone an app store that can make life so much more productive for anyone, and fun all at the sametime. Not many platforms have these capabilities, and choices if any

ohhhh and when were playing monopoly when im out of town were also on the phone talking while doing this so that makes it really fun hearing my family when im not there and them getting to hear me.
    Last edited by iPhoneLoyalist; 03-10-10 at 09:15 AM.
    03-10-10 09:07 AM
    I have both a BB Tour and an iPhone and far prefer the iPhone overall. But my Tour is a great tool for work (firing off emails quickly, managing contacts, Outlook calendar integration, etc.)
    03-10-10 09:31 AM
    Iphone on ATT = Not good for me.
    Iphone on Verizon = good for my wife, but I like physical keys.
    03-10-10 09:33 AM
    i think the iphone is a better device for consumers but as a business user, the storm 2 gets the job done for me. just can't live without my push email.
    03-10-10 09:34 AM
    I choose iPhone over the Blackberry because it is a fun operating system when doing anything. From scheduling my week using the Things application to working discussing job projects while on the Bus headed to work or at home over pmessenger with co-workers, and the super fast push email from microsoft exachange at work, and my personal email coming from home over mobile me that i dont have to wait on. Also the interaction with my family it allows is the biggest perk for me by far, it bings us together no matter how far were apart. playing games with my son over wifi while he is at daycare eating lunch and having playtime when he is the only one there in the morning is great!!!. We play homerunbattle everyday for breakfast, and monopoly with the whole family when im out of town on business trips all on our iPhones (my youngest son his iPod touch. "which is very rewarding I allow my youngest child to use his with me at daycare in the morning and at home when its time for him to study his numbers and letters, except on Saturday when he can have it most of the day so he can be like his big brother he doesnt walk around with it all week". And Finally I choose my iPhone over a Blackberry for the generation gap it deletes from my life. my family can all use this thing and understand it easily without having a roadmap of pamphlet to do it. My father at 57 has one and my oldest son at 8, and they both talk everyday and play games and its just great, and when my father takes my boys out to eat he really makes their day when using the app urbanspoon which randomly pics a resturaunt for you or you can set limits so that it doesnt pick anything to wild for their young taste buds. Also my sons both use this to learn from this with itunes and the education sections, as well as the app store and its plethora of fun fact apps in the education section. Its truly a smartphone an app store that can make life so much more productive for anyone, and fun all at the sametime. Not many platforms have these capabilities, and choices if any

ohhhh and when were playing monopoly when im out of town were also on the phone talking while doing this so that makes it really fun hearing my family when im not there and them getting to hear me.
    That funny you mention a generation gap. My dad is in his low 50's and just gave me back my old 8310, and loved the phone, and my 5year old nephew can nav around my 9700 to find Wall-E, Finding Nemo or one of several low level games for him to play on it....

claiming a phone needs a road map is really a opinion. Blackberries are EXTREMELY simple to navigate, and yet allow the experienced users endless possibilities for customizing the phone, OS, or IP settings.
    03-10-10 09:34 AM
    Apple = 1 device with all the same features, tightly controlled by the manufacturer, with no infrastructure behind it and only one carrier.

BB = A multitude of devices customizable by the carrier and users, huge communications infrastructure behind it and available on every carrier.
    03-10-10 09:43 AM
    I've never been a Apple person, I guess.

Plus I really don't care for a touch screen.

I have nothing against iPhones. I don't think their rubbish like a lot of people. They just don't suite my preferences.
    03-10-10 09:46 AM
    That funny you mention a generation gap. My dad is in his low 50's and just gave me back my old 8310, and loved the phone, and my 5year old nephew can nav around my 9700 to find Wall-E, Finding Nemo or one of several low level games for him to play on it....

claiming a phone needs a road map is really a opinion. Blackberries are EXTREMELY simple to navigate, and yet allow the experienced users endless possibilities for customizing the phone, OS, or IP settings.
    I never said the Blackberry needed a roadmap, i said the iPhone didn't. You chose to interpret that how you did.

Also im sure an iPhone is much easier for a child to figure out then a Blackberry. I know you like your chosen model but being realistic sometimes is in order. If we both give a random 5 year old since thats the age of your child a blackberry and an iPhone and said make a phone call. I bet he would figure it out faster on the iPhone then on a blackberry. There is no competition at all between the Blackberry and iPhone in the ease of use category everyone on this site, and any other with smartphone knowledge knows that. lets not fake the funk here.
    03-10-10 09:49 AM
    everytime I get my hands on an Iphone, It makes me love my Blackberrys more and more! Iphones are for the kids for sure.
    03-10-10 10:23 AM
    everytime I get my hands on an Iphone, It makes me love my Blackberrys more and more! Iphones are for the kids for sure.
    Apple - iPhone in Business - Profiles
    03-10-10 10:49 AM
    The iPhone has push email.

i think the iphone is a better device for consumers but as a business user, the storm 2 gets the job done for me. just can't live without my push email.
    03-10-10 11:02 AM
    EDIT: double post. Mod can delete.
    Last edited by KillYouWithMyMind; 03-10-10 at 11:28 AM.
    03-10-10 11:26 AM
    Also im sure an iPhone is much easier for a child to figure out then a Blackberry.
    Ha! Not trying to offend, just pointing out the comedy in that statement.

I know you like your chosen model but being realistic sometimes is in order. If we both give a random 5 year old since thats the age of your child a blackberry and an iPhone and said make a phone call. I bet he would figure it out faster on the iPhone then on a blackberry.
    I would take this bet.

There is no competition at all between the Blackberry and iPhone in the ease of use category everyone on this site, and any other with smartphone knowledge knows that. lets not fake the funk here.
    Despite how you word it, this is a matter of opinion. I do not "know" that the iPhone is easier to use than my BB and I guarantee alot of people agree with me here.

I have no problem with an iPhone, I like them alot actually. If I had the money, I'd have an iPhone and a BB (probably a Droid and Nexus too)

The only reasons I chose a Tour over an iPhone are-

1. My carrier, Cellular South. Cannot beat their Smartphone plan price.
    2. Familiarity. I'm used to BB's now
    3. Ease of use (IMO) Not that they're any easier to use than an iPhone, it's just debatable.
    4. Full QWERTY
    5. Physical design. If I had an iPhone, I would break it.
    03-10-10 11:28 AM
    One thing
    Push email
    over pull email.

I dont like the fact that with pull i have to delete my messages in my inbox so others cant see them.

okay maybe more

i dont like being a conformist.
    my school is probably about 20 percent iphones

blackberry users have more in common than iphone users
    BBM?

Also theme building
    D (winterboard doesnt count T^T)

AT&T Is a (Bu7T? why is this a bad word?o-o) for contracting with Apple btw.
    03-10-10 11:38 AM
    I like having my iPod with me, without having to carry around 2 devices.

I like having a clean, streamlined experience with iTunes, and it's apps.

I like the look of the device, and having email come in without MILES of links to scroll through.

I like the web browser.

I like that Battery Pulls aren't necessary.

I like that OS updates are a breeze to install.
    03-10-10 11:44 AM
    I never said the Blackberry needed a roadmap, i said the iPhone didn't. You chose to interpret that how you did.

Also im sure an iPhone is much easier for a child to figure out then a Blackberry. I know you like your chosen model but being realistic sometimes is in order. If we both give a random 5 year old since thats the age of your child a blackberry and an iPhone and said make a phone call. I bet he would figure it out faster on the iPhone then on a blackberry. There is no competition at all between the Blackberry and iPhone in the ease of use category everyone on this site, and any other with smartphone knowledge knows that. lets not fake the funk here.
    you did say a blackberry needs a road map

. And Finally I choose my iPhone over a Blackberry for the generation gap it deletes from my life. my family can all use this thing and understand it easily without having a roadmap of pamphlet to do it.
    and all of your statements are purely opinion, there is no factual proof that a "blackberry" is easier to use than iPhone, or vice versa.

There are several Smart Phone plans to fit everyone needs, and no two peoples needs are alike.

It's extremely clear to me that you are apple fanboi which brings me to another reason i will not own a Jesus Phone...

"Apple Fanbois" the worst hypocritical known people on the planet..

you are on a Blackberry public Forum trying to praise your phone. It simple will get shot down every time, from every angle. just as if i went to TiPB and started parsing my 9700. it's redundant and will get you no where. no matter what you say or how you say it this forum will support Blackberries till they die.. .. ..

in closing several things prevent me personally from owning a iPhone
    1) physical keyboard - no iPhone will EVER have that
    2) it's a apple product, you pay for a BMW and get a Ford
    3) i have no use for 9.2 million applications that will not benefit my life in one way / shape / fashion or form
    4) fanbois - i refuse to be an apple fanboi, and before you thrown me under the "RIM fanboi status" i've used Android, WinMo and RIM fits me the best, and they are still middle of the road as far as i am worried
    5) touch screen phones = pure junk
    6) why do i want a phone that will sync with itunes for .99 cents a song when i can listen to all the slacker i want for free?
    7) the DPI on my 9700 is alot higher than a iphone
    8) AT&T i will never support ATT again, and the Jesus phone doesn't support t-mobiles HSPA frequency
    9) when i want to make a call i don't want to have to borrow a phone so i don't get a "call failed"
    10) RIM devices are just flat out better on battery that any apple product. for being hipsters they sure chew through batteries alot.

Last edited by mjneid; 03-10-10 at 11:53 AM.
    03-10-10 11:45 AM
    One thing
    Push email
    over pull email.

I dont like the fact that with pull i have to delete my messages in my inbox so others cant see them.
    Are you aware that iphones have pushed email?!?!? and they two way sync ! ! !

03-10-10 11:50 AM
84 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD