Do people really choose a platform for something like bbm or imessage that is exclusive to owning that OS?

Do people really get rid of something they love and go to another platform just because they can't bbm or imessage someone or people they know?

Do people really talk other people into getting what they have "if they want to message with me" because I only use "this" and refuse to use a cross platform program?

Is it that big of a selling point to have something that every other platform has that does basically the same thing but only if you own said product.

For me I could care less what someone else uses and owns. Sure the proprietary program might be good for some things but is it really a selling or changing platform point?
    03-14-12 07:52 AM
    Yes........
    03-14-12 07:58 AM
    Why...............
    03-14-12 08:01 AM
    I talk to several people who like BBM so much it's the only reason they have a BB.
    03-14-12 10:19 AM
    I talk to several people who like BBM so much it's the only reason they have a BB.
    That is the only reason? Did they know someone that had a bb and we're told if you want to message me you better have a bb?

Do you think it is a selling point?

Back in the day I would never touch an IBM computer because they were so proprietary. You want more RAM? Well have to pay more for it because no one else's RAM will work in our machine.
    03-14-12 10:57 AM
    My wife was looking at a Samsung Galaxy SII when we did our Valentine's Day phone upgrades. She was seriously considering it until she found out she couldn't use BBM on it. So she went with the 9900. I would have been OK with her going with the SII, but she choose BB.

She's not even a big messaging person, but she does BBM with her boss, so she wanted to stick with BB.
    03-15-12 04:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD