I have been on crackberry.com for a couple months and noticed many users on here seem to be pretty fair and balanced when comparing blackberries to the Iphone. I ran into a guy who owned an Iphone and asked him how he liked it, and that i own a Storm. He flat out said the Storm is garbage and there is no better phone than the Iphone.

I feel like this is the general attitude of the elite Iphone crowd. I said to the guy that the Iphone is great, but can not do a lot of the things the storm can, just as the Iphone will never be able to have some of the pretty applications that the Iphone has. Instead of recognizing any pros to owning a storm, he just went off about how great his Iphone was. I own an Ipod touch, and realize how great it is for a media device, but there is such a cult mentality to Iphone users that they can not understand a word coming out of your mouth unless it starts with I. Overall, why can't Storm/Blackberry users and Iphone users just realize both companies can learn a lot from each other and maybe one day we can all just get along!
    02-07-09 07:49 PM
    Most of the people I know with iPhones do love them.. but all of them to the man (and woman) agree that it needs copy paste and mms. If you run into one that can't admit the limitations of their device... run away!
    02-07-09 07:51 PM
    Most of the people I know with iPhones do love them.. but all of them to the man (and woman) agree that it needs copy paste and mms. If you run into one that can't admit the limitations of their device... run away!
    But to be fair, it's only a limitation, if you need the "Missing" feature. Just like all the Blackberry folks that don't want/need a data plan, there are iPhone users in the same boat, don't need/want data or copy and paste, and could care less about picture messages, because all they do is listen to music and look at pretty pictures/icons.
    02-07-09 08:07 PM
    not the be a sour apple i own both iphone and storm. honestly iphone is better imo
    02-07-09 09:43 PM
    I feel like this is the general attitude of the elite Iphone crowd.
    The apple crowd is that way in general, not just iPhone users.. . .

(and no I don't mean everyone, but a good percentage)
    02-07-09 11:42 PM
    The apple crowd is that way in general, not just iPhone users.. . .

(and no I don't mean everyone, but a good percentage)
    I agree. You say you own a PC in a room full of Mac owners.. Good luck getting out alive.. (generally speaking)
    02-08-09 03:08 AM
    I have been on crackberry.com for a couple months and noticed many users on here seem to be pretty fair and balanced when comparing blackberries to the Iphone. I ran into a guy who owned an Iphone and asked him how he liked it, and that i own a Storm. He flat out said the Storm is garbage and there is no better phone than the Iphone.

I feel like this is the general attitude of the elite Iphone crowd. I said to the guy that the Iphone is great, but can not do a lot of the things the storm can, just as the Iphone will never be able to have some of the pretty applications that the Iphone has. Instead of recognizing any pros to owning a storm, he just went off about how great his Iphone was. I own an Ipod touch, and realize how great it is for a media device, but there is such a cult mentality to Iphone users that they can not understand a word coming out of your mouth unless it starts with I. Overall, why can't Storm/Blackberry users and Iphone users just realize both companies can learn a lot from each other and maybe one day we can all just get along!
    The story below this line is not about all mac owners of course but it does apply to the ones that display the "superior" behavior you are talking about. Close their eyes and.... well, just... be blind for anything other. Most likely the guy you spoke to takes part in a lot of mac versus pc and Iphone versus any phone discussions. Which started online and found its way into everyday life. And if he does happen to own a pc probably also takes part in a lot of discussions about "nvidia versus ATI/AMD" and "intel versus amd" discussions because they cannot take any form of criticism on their part. Even though they are not being criticized (although they maybe should be) but the product and company they bought into. One thing I do not quite get for example is the fact that Micro$oft has to release special versions of the OS in which mediaplayer etc can be removed, they have to defend themselves for their success (which whichever way you turn it, has a good reason: it just works and is easy to adapt and write for) but Apple is allowed the same monopilzed position with their product without being forced to remove certain parts of the os or open it up to the public. Of course, because it is a niche product. If it were to become ever as successful as a PC with XP it would also be forced to.... "rethink" their product called mac os x. And even with the very small userbase that exists today on that platform there are viruses and rootkits being written already. If it were to triple or quadruple its userbase then you'd see a whole lot more viruses for it too. But not much more compatible software since Apple want everything to be closed source so they can milk you out even further, and you willingly and gladly allow it because you feel you're "leet". But it won't...because even the graphic designers, which is the part of the world where the mac finds most of its roots, are leaving the way too expensive for way to little performance and compatibility -platform. Why? Because everything they need and much much more is available for the M$ platform too, for which you can use nearly ANY piece of hard and software, have much better performance and costs much less.

Those guys you are talking about own a MAC which is from Apple. The ONLY difference between a MAC and a PC is the OS. In the past I have seen people almost kill over / to defend the Mac IBM powerpc platform compared to Wintel. And NOW those SAME people are on the dark side too..... why? Because apple changed direction, they did too. The os you can buy for a couple of bucks at the store. BUT the PC that has the Apple logo on it and the word MAC is nothing more than a casing. Much more beautiful ones can be bought everywhere for a whole lot less money. Same goes for the hardware. They choose to pay 2000-2500 bucks for a systemboard and cpu that you can buy anywhere for about 250$, a harddrive you can buy for 80$, dvd-player, memory and a powersupply you can buy for under 100$ which makes them think they bought a good product. Everything that is expensive is good right? Hence, people that have expensive "leet" stuff must be good to...

Anyway.... so that comes down to about 450-500$ total for hardware, take a nice case for what... lets go crazy.... ehrm... 150 bucks and the mac os................................. So what? 1000 bucks you have a "mac" pc. And they have, just for the box, no screen, no "airport" (does it even support WPA2 AES?) payed 2000 for it and well.... there WERE no viruses for it. Just as compatible software isn't available for it... and drivers for that OS: there are even now less drivers available for it then there were for Vista on its release day :-( So of course there are only a small amount of viruses out there... I wouldn't want to write one for it...... and my GF is pro-mac.... (we use this same account and she WILL read this, so I will get to make something up tonight.... that is the only reason I'm putting so much effort in this piece of cr... ahhh... text)

But I understand you know.... you'd feel f*cked too if you got taken so brutally... So instead of admitting to that fact and sueing the company who took them for their cash and dignity, they take on a very well known type of behavior called: denial. And since most of these people buy the stuff because they want to be special (which takes a certain kind of character, not too stable mostly, that's why all the "stylish" things and "minimalistic" design is around them... empty, like they are inside, as is their wallet thanks to Apple)..... luckily it is in most cases a phase. Just as it is with women who come out of a relationship and cut their hair short, or men who all of a sudden start growing a beard of some sort for a while.

The denial is even so bad that even though the iPhone is just as bad as MAC is they still go out and buy one. Thinking that they are getting a good device again........ well, we've seen that over the last years huh... And still its a broken piece of *rse-crusts. And as much as I am starting to loath my storm... no, RIM. I'd never buy a phone that has that egoistic "I" in the name. As in: "me me me me me, mwuhahahaha!!", which seems to display the way of life of those maccers pretty accurately.

Yes I know.... its ridiculous. But in my experience had proven to be true in nearly every occasion. Only very few mac and iphone owners are willing to have an open mind... I realize that the above text will indicate the same in some peoples eyes, but I've worked with a MAC in the past and found the system too limited due to its "ease of use" and the other reasons I mentioned.

I am running a hackingtosh right now though... an a 700 euros costing HW platform and its running quite nicely. Still I can see no reason to daily boot into it... It just can't do anything that I can't already do on the other platforms. Its just a nice gimmick... thats all.

Anyway.... the mindset of the guy you talked to is very.... well, Applish...

Last edited by TheMisses; 02-08-09 at 04:42 AM.
    02-08-09 04:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD