the bold is amazing... the storm is too, but i'm just curious, why hasn't the storm been as popular among the hollywood set when it comes to phones they use?

i have yet to see any celebrity in any magazine or website rocking a storm. i see iphones and bolds all day long but no storm?

is it because it's on verizon? honestly, i only know one public figure who uses verizon and thats obama. i'm sure there are others but who knows?
    01-05-09 03:26 AM
    Good question!

I am guessing that AT&T has more sets of knee pads !
    01-05-09 03:36 AM
    For every celeb you see with a particular phone there are 10
    others with something else that you don't see.

My question is and always has been, why does anyone care what
    phone a celebrity uses. I'll lay you odds to seven they don't give
    a damn what any of us use.

I can't imagine Britney calling Paris and having this conversation.

Britney: Girl, I was at that burger place and there was this
    insurance agent that had a Curve. It made him soooooo sexy.

Paris: OMG! I know what you mean, I saw a construction
    worker with a Storm. I knew he was smart and hot just by
    his phone. I wanted to do him right there on the scaffold.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 01-05-09 at 03:51 AM.
    01-05-09 03:45 AM
    Damn thats a good way to put it for sure!
    01-05-09 04:01 AM
    well, i work in PR and what celebrities use in their daily life that regular people can also afford has ALOT to do with sales in different industries.

i personally am not pressed about what who ever uses but i will tell you that i did take a closer look at blackberrys when i saw more and more celebrities with them and im glad i did because it changed my life lol.

and so that you know, the bulk of hollywood uses blackberrys. thats just the way it is.

you'd be surprised how often celebrities DO discuss what cell phones one might have. i know this because i've put together SWAG (Sh*t We All Get) bags at award shows and tons of "stars" are always trying to make sure they get the better ones because of the better gifts such as the newest cell phone available.

just like the sidekick, im sure if the storm had a strong celebrity endorsement it would sky rocket sales higher than what they are. it would make it THAT much more desirable.

if i use a LG phone and i'm "so so" with it and then i see that

Paris Hilton, Martha Stewart, Tommy Lee, Queen of England, and Oprah all use the same cell phone (all use blackberrys BTW) i am going to ASSUME that it's a decent device since all those users of different backgrounds like it.

admit it or not, celebrities have a BIG impact on how we as regular consumers buy things.

and my guess is they do care what the general public uses. do you think lindsay lohan would of been so quick to have been the first person photographed with an iphone if that wasn't what was gonna be the hottest thing to have at the time?

Celebrities subconsciously dictate a lot of what goes on in the lives of regular people wether they choose to acknowledge it or not

i pay attention to what celebrities use because i happen to like the finer things in life
    Last edited by dappervirgo; 01-05-09 at 04:39 AM.
    01-05-09 04:34 AM
    admit it or not, celebrities have a BIG impact on how we as regular consumers buy things.
    Nope, not buying it (no pun intended). I base no purchases on what a celeb
    uses. I do my own evaluations and go from there. And I suspect YOU would be
    surprised how little Kanye, Britney, Paris or any other vapid, vacuous airhead of
    a celebrity actually influences anyones purchase.

Most sane, rational and adult purchasers do not base their decisions on such
    triviality as "Wow, I could have the same phone as Denzel. "

And really, are you trying to tell me the Queen of friggin England is
    actually thinking about me as a CT Accountant and my tech choices.
    That is an enormous stretch and makes ZERO sense.

i pay attention to what celebrities use because i happen to like the finer things in life
    Translation: I am essentially shallow and a lemming without a mind of my own.
    What you are saying is if your broke a$$ next door neighbor had the most
    reliable phone ever you woud not consider it because he's broke so you would dismiss it.
    I mean really, broke people don't have the "finer things".

But a picture of Kim Kardashian in some tabloid holding a BB makes that the
    "must have" phone because she is a celeb (of sorts) and can buy anything.
    Get real.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 01-05-09 at 05:05 AM.
    01-05-09 04:49 AM
    Most sane, rational and adult purchasers do not base their decisions on such
    triviality as "Wow, I could have Denzel's phone"..........

Translation: I am essentially shallow and a lemming without a mind of my own.
    Utterly brilliant AG. 'Coffee out the nose' moment reading that....you had to wait 'til I was back in the orrifice today didn't you?!

Sadly, we are surrounded by such inanity. Rational thought is reserved for the minority.
    01-05-09 05:06 AM
    I agree with AG entirely on this one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 05:06 AM
    Utterly brilliant AG. 'Coffee out the nose' moment reading that....you had to wait 'til I was back in the orrifice today didn't you?!
    My apologies. I owe you a cup
    01-05-09 05:13 AM
    My guess is Celebs like having a full Qwerty better than touching a screen for everything. It's easier, faster, more convenient to have Qwerty.
    01-05-09 05:13 AM
    Well, for some people, they do care what celeb wear and will want the same thing, like my bf's 15 year old sister, she cared and she wants to have what the celeb wears in magazines

01-05-09 05:14 AM
    Well, for some people, they do care what celeb wear and will want the same thing, like my bf's 15 year old sister, she cared and she wants to have what the celeb wears in magazines

That's it for me on this thread.

01-05-09 05:17 AM
    Yes, but she is 15. Hardly an adult and hardly able to make her own
    purchases.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 01-05-09 at 05:20 AM.
    01-05-09 05:18 AM
    My apologies. I owe you a cup
    Seriously....been off since the middle of December. You had endless opportunity to get me as I lounged about at home away from the prying eyes of the 'real' world, but no.....you wait for me to be sat at my desk, office door open, surrounded by witnesses, and only THEN do you make me snort coffee.

Bib, anyone?
    01-05-09 05:21 AM
    SWAG (Sh*t We All Get)
    Just one more thing, and I think this might be helpful in your evaluations
    of the mood of the markets. In my line of work

SWAG = Sophisticated Wild A$$ed Guess. That is all you folks are doing.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 01-05-09 at 05:44 AM.
    01-05-09 05:29 AM
    Just one more thing, and I think this might be helpful in your evaluations
    of the mood of the markets. In my line of work

SWAG = Sophisticated Wild A$$ed Guess. That is all you folks are doing.
    Only minus the sophistication.
    01-05-09 05:31 AM
    Who cares? God this is a lame thread, so lame I replied to it.

Posted from Paris Hilton's taint at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by [email protected]; 01-05-09 at 05:40 AM.
    01-05-09 05:31 AM
    Seriously....been off since the middle of December. You had endless opportunity to get me as I lounged about at home away from the prying eyes of the 'real' world, but no.....you wait for me to be sat at my desk, office door open, surrounded by witnesses, and only THEN do you make me snort coffee.

Bib, anyone?
    Alright, OK!, how is coffee for a month and I pick up the dry-cleaning bill
    01-05-09 05:32 AM
    My guess is Celebs like having a full Qwerty better than touching a screen for everything. It's easier, faster, more convenient to have Qwerty.
    that is exactly why id never get a storm of iphone
    01-05-09 09:38 AM
    Remember also that in some form some celebs sort of advertise newer products. If they didn't then RIM wouldn't have held a "Bold Launch Party" here in L.A. which I believe was very late October. But either way, I'm still with AG on this one. Tough for me to be influnced to get a certain product because Ms. Terrible on the inside Lindsay Lohan owns it.

01-05-09 09:42 AM
    I'm willing to bet its because of the keypad. Celebrities tend to know a lot of people, therefore they shoot out about a half billion texts per day. The Bold's keypad allows them to type faster. I mean, has anyone tried out the Storm's keypad? If so, I guarantee you didn't type anything quickly on it.
    01-05-09 10:56 AM
    the bold is amazing... the storm is too, but i'm just curious, why hasn't the storm been as popular among the hollywood set when it comes to phones they use?
    Maybe because RIM only had a big box of Bolds last time they got a request for Celeb Freebies.

Maybe because RIM didn't want a side-by-side comparison between a free iPhone from the Apple promo, and a free prototype Storm with buggy software.

Duhhh... who cares what they carry around in bimboland, half of them probably don't even know it can do more than voice.
    01-05-09 10:57 AM
    That's my guess.
    01-05-09 11:17 AM
    whatever. i am who i am and do what i do and im not changing my ideas on this particular subject for any reason. but as always, everyones opinion is appreciated
    01-05-09 11:34 AM
    they get paid to use blackberry's...it's not like they go out and choose what phone they want

have you heard of the gift bags that all grammy and emmy awards attenedees get?

they literally got a blackberry bold with a year of free service

And the Swag Goes To... - News and Analysis by PC Magazine
    01-05-09 11:41 AM
147 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD