Is it just me or is it so easy to dislike anything and everything about Apple?
    There's a guy I work with who trades Apple stock and just about everyone hates him.
    It's as if they sweat narcissism.
    Now, this isn't a thread to discuss iPhones, iPads, etc. I made it to get everyone's opinion regarding the company itself.
    Lets be civil here, I think we can easily have a mature discussion.
    Why do you think - whether you like Apple or not - that so many people dislike this company?
    01-24-12 08:17 PM
    Its not just Apple, its everyone. We buy these gadgets and toys thinking that they will make our lives better somehow. And for a few of us after the buyers remorse sets in the only way to enjoy our purchase is to find fault in others.
    Face it, there isn't a bad phone out there now. They may have slightly different operating systems and and slightly different hardware, but really not too different. And rather than focus on how these wonderful machines could make our lives really better if we invest some time and some work into them, we expect others will do that work for us.
    Personally I don't like any company that tries to sell hard work, from engineers on down to the assembly line, by calling it magic. There is no magic.
    And when the senior execs choose to take in billions personally rather than extend those profits to all who have worked on these toys, maybe they deserve your derision. Its not charity if the people work hard for those profits.
    01-24-12 08:56 PM
    Ya know, I have an Apple logo on my left wrist and a "Happy Mac" tatooed on my right. Yet I don't carry nor want an iPhone. I grew up with Macintosh, when Apple was a cult, a 'real' one.

I don't know if it's Apple a lot of people hate, but the iApple, totally different. Whenever this subject comes up around people I know, I mention quickly that I am NOT part of the "iGeneration." The company "Apple Computer Inc." & "Apple Inc." Are two different worlds entirely. I very deeply loved Apple Computer Inc., but the day they announced they were dropping PowerPC for Intel, I saw deathbed, and when Steve made that keynote about "we're dropping the word computer from the name", I deemed the Apple I knew and loved dead and buried.

I get that some people as kids did not like how different and unusual Mac seemed when and if they were surrounded by PCs running Windows. If you had never seen a PC until you were older, your kindergarten had an Apple //e and your first computer you got for xmas was a little black and white Mac, thrown in with some natural born addiction to geekdom, your view gets solidified, and PCs didn't "feel" the same. Everyone is so different though. There are plenty of people who's minds can't wrap the notion of feeling real emotion or affection for a piece of technology. Are you logical or artistic? Are you considered normal or a "free thinker".

Anyway, I have next to zero affection for Apple Inc. I always loved and admired Steve Jobs growing up and certainly bear no malice for what he felt he had to do to move forward, but other than a lot of hype and demographic bullsh*t, these "I generation" kids have no idea. They were either not there or way too young to understand and see computers evolve (the first 3 1/4 discs, the first cdroms, etc.) They might pretend or think they worship Apple and Steve Jobs, but their roots don't run very deep, and all this because they love a very overextended and outright ridiculous social illusion. Case and point; my generation, for Apple, involved only those type of people that were capable of developing real emotion for their machines and did so on their own, regardless of what anyone else thought. Nowadays however, it's "love Apple because they have i****'s and you aren't cool enough to matter without totally carrying one."
    (And by the way, I'm speaking on majority, or on "averages." I don't feel every single adult individual who loves their iPhone is a sheep or a trendy little kid, just the average iApple consumer.)
    Last edited by BitPusher2600; 01-25-12 at 01:53 AM.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    01-25-12 01:49 AM
    I would drink to that, but I'm gonna' have to wait about 12 more hours.
    01-25-12 04:07 AM
    It all started here:

Spencerdl, john_v and Deathcommand like this.
    01-25-12 07:22 AM
    "EVILNESS" is easily recognized.......thats why
    01-25-12 07:35 AM
    01-25-12 09:10 AM
    You're right!

*dang women*

01-25-12 09:18 AM
    You're right!

*dang women*

Right on.

Attachment 101357
    01-25-12 09:20 AM
    I remember the days when OS 7, 8 and 9 were on macs. I also remember the day somebody got it to run on PC hardware and both apple and microsoft were desperate to shut all the site's down. I wish I had grabbed a copy and burned it on a CD before it all went down. Those geeky days are all over now. I wish they could be brought back. No it's all about "buy this buy that", where has quality computer/products in general gone to now? The days when computers were made once every 10 years... I remember reading about it in megazines.
    01-30-12 12:12 PM
    Easy:
    Apple Fanboys treat their fanboyism as a religion. Trying to impose their beliefs on others.

At least that's why I hate them.
    02-02-12 11:33 PM
    I'm gonna agree with death.
    It's not so much the product (although I personally am NOT a fan of overpriced tech) but the superior attitude inducted by Apple's admittedly effective advertising that I find distasteful.
    02-03-12 06:16 PM
    What do you tell a BMW 3 Series guy who laughs a someone who rather have a 400hp Mustang with a 6 speed?

Not much you can say right?

They equate "having an Apple product" with "being Elite".

Its kinda pathetic they can't see its just "Me Too Ism".

Some people call them "Tools". The British call them something that rhymes with "Bankers".
    Last edited by olblueyez; 02-03-12 at 06:50 PM.
    02-03-12 06:44 PM
    Stankers?
    02-03-12 07:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD