Sorry if I go off on a rant here, but I *really* need to vent for a moment...

<soapbox>
    Why do people think that they are entitled to something that they have not worked for? Why do people (and I'm not saying anyone in particular or generalizing any certain group, it's the occasional individual I'm referring to) feel that they are somehow entitled to receive something when they haven't done anything for it?
    Case in point... Customer called saying she had lost her device and wanted to know when she was eligible for a replacement in case she could not locate it. I told her she is not going to be eligible for a replacement until March, 2009. She proceeds to go off about how many devices are on their account, how long they have been a customer and how I should do something to accomodate her. Errr... NO! You can wait, just like everyone else.
    NOTHING pisses me off more than someone who is trying to get something that they are not entitled to or haven't worked for!
    </soapbox>
    09-23-08 11:14 AM
    well their are some many ppl that think they can get what they want when they want it so i hope the rest of ya week goes or should i say gets better
    09-24-08 08:27 AM
    MadCatUSA,

Working in customer service myself, I find it that
    many people often figure they are entitled to things
    that they are not. Then again, not only customers
    feel that way; Some acquaintances do as well.

At any rate, most people are not understanding when
    it comes to any service that is provided to them.
    They may feel as though it's a one way street where
    all we do is provide the service they request.
    Which, is usually the case.

However, in certain circumstance there are
    things that apply to all parties not just them.
    So, if she is not eligible until March, then she is not
    eligible until March. When it does come to the point
    when you must sustain their billigerant yelling and such,
    endure it. But always make them aware that its not
    only applied to them but to everyone. And always, always
    always provide as many options as possible.

People always love options.
    Hope I helped buddy.
    JP
    09-24-08 09:10 AM
    omg at the end of the day i get mean. but when they yell i always have my bb by my side and just tune em out
    09-24-08 09:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD