I just preordered it today and was wondering if anyone else saw or is getting it.
    BTW I got the black one.
    Last edited by stormaddict13; 03-30-09 at 08:51 PM.
    03-30-09 08:00 PM
    I'm getting one. On the list, too. Can't wait.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 08:15 PM
    I'm definetly getting one. Woop!

03-30-09 08:35 PM
    Only 5 more days! I'm going midnight Saturday to get mine.
    03-30-09 08:51 PM
    Definetly. I am torn between the black & blue.
    I have a Red Phat & a White Lite...So, do I want Red/White/Blue or Red/White/Black...
    ...Agrumph! Decisions...
    03-31-09 09:20 AM
    Yup I'm Getting One, But I'm Not On The List...

I want to try out the new pokemon because I'm old school like that!

Anyone try it yet? Is it the same ol' pokemon with brighter colors?

Or Is It Full of Win?!?!
    03-31-09 10:27 AM
    Yup I'm Getting One, But I'm Not On The List...

I want to try out the new pokemon because I'm old school like that!

Anyone try it yet? Is it the same ol' pokemon with brighter colors?

Or Is It Full of Win?!?!
    I'd like to get a DSi later, I hate that they removed the other cart slot, and added a couple of cameras. The adding of the SD card slot is nice, they could have dumped the .3 megapixal cams though, and if you are going to support audio, at least let people have Mp3 as well as the native format. Sheesh, they have cheap Ipod knock off with several gigs and 2 to 3 megapixal cams for $20 from China. Nintendo could have beefed up the cam and added Mp3 to the mix.

I have the new Pokemon (hey helps me relax), pretty much the same old story, catch 'em battle 'em, beat the Elite 4. The only added thing is the Distortion World on Platinum, is one big puzzle to solve.

Colors are better than the GameBoy Color versions of the games. Music is better I think as well. The added bennie is you not only battle others without using cables, but now you can battle and trade with others all over the world online.

After you beat the Elite 4, the ending credits and animation are nice the first time through.

Gotta Get 'Em All!
    03-31-09 02:05 PM
    Holy Moley!

You beat it already?

I could never get passed the 4-5th gym leader lol.

I miss pokemon red and blue.
    03-31-09 03:23 PM
    I'd like to get a DSi later, I hate that they removed the other cart slot, and added a couple of cameras. The adding of the SD card slot is nice, they could have dumped the .3 megapixal cams though, and if you are going to support audio, at least let people have Mp3 as well as the native format. Sheesh, they have cheap Ipod knock off with several gigs and 2 to 3 megapixal cams for $20 from China. Nintendo could have beefed up the cam and added Mp3 to the mix.

I have the new Pokemon (hey helps me relax), pretty much the same old story, catch 'em battle 'em, beat the Elite 4. The only added thing is the Distortion World on Platinum, is one big puzzle to solve.

Colors are better than the GameBoy Color versions of the games. Music is better I think as well. The added bennie is you not only battle others without using cables, but now you can battle and trade with others all over the world online.

After you beat the Elite 4, the ending credits and animation are nice the first time through.

Gotta Get 'Em All!
    I do agree with you about the Pokemon. I don't have the new one but I played the others. However, I don't mind that they took away the gba slot because I didn't play those games anyway. And it is now slimmer. And the cameras look fun, not great quality but fun, and I like how it can be incorporated into games like WarioWare Snapped. Also, I am getting GTA Chinatown Wars when I get the DSi. That game and the DSi both look AMAZING!!!
    03-31-09 09:20 PM
    Holy Moley!

You beat it already?

I could never get passed the 4-5th gym leader lol.

I miss pokemon red and blue.
    Just the first time through with the gym leaders and the elite 4 is all. Have not done the Battle Island (or whatever it's called). And since I have played Diamond and Pearl, the layout of the "world" is pretty much the same with a few changes here and there to keep it interesting as far as where things are.
    03-31-09 09:29 PM
    I'm still undecided on getting one. I got the original white ds the day it came out and I still love it. I use the gba slot cuz I still play emerald,ruby, and sapphire lol. I have Diamond too, but haven't played or gotten platinum yet.

03-31-09 10:33 PM
    i still have the original phat. i never picked up the lite. this one looks interesting but im not sold on it. i want to see what theyll have for the dsi store.
    03-31-09 11:42 PM
    I'm still undecided on getting one. I got the original white ds the day it came out and I still love it. I use the gba slot cuz I still play emerald,ruby, and sapphire lol. I have Diamond too, but haven't played or gotten platinum yet.

What I might do is just get a gameboy sp or advance cheap if I really want to play gba games. The only non ds games that I do play are the pokemon ones for the gameboy color and I don't need an sp or advance for those.
    04-01-09 03:22 PM
    i still have the original phat. i never picked up the lite. this one looks interesting but im not sold on it. i want to see what theyll have for the dsi store.
    I currently have the phat, which I am upgrading to the DSi obviously, and that thing looks hideous. The apps store or whatever it's called looks as if it will have many games and other apps. And Nintendo stated that they will be releasing at least one new title per week which sounds awesome. Also, I like how the games are very cheap. It's a good alternative to paying 30 dollars or so for a game. They already have over 850 titles for the ds, so I am guessing that they will have even more in the store because they will be easier to create. Overall, I think there is no reason not to get the DSi. It looks like loads of fun and a spectacular console.
    04-01-09 03:32 PM
    Ah I remember my silver sp. I loved it til he died lol. I sold my pokenon silver and gold when I sold him. I read the review on platium in nintendo power yesterday and need to go get a copy! Lol the dsi's don't look cute to me

04-07-09 04:41 PM

The removal of the GBA slot on the DSi is, for Pokemon a colossal issue. The reason you need the GBA slot on the DS is so that you can migrate Pokemon from your GBA cartridge to Platinum, Pearl or Diamond. Migrating is key to being able to collect all 493 Pokemon.
    04-08-09 10:37 AM
    The removal of the GBA slot on the DSi is, for Pokemon a colossal issue. The reason you need the GBA slot on the DS is so that you can migrate Pokemon from your GBA cartridge to Platinum, Pearl or Diamond. Migrating is key to being able to collect all 493 Pokemon.
    That and getting your bad boys from the other games to beat up on the Pokemon in the newer game.
    04-08-09 01:38 PM
    That and getting your bad boys from the other games to beat up on the Pokemon in the newer game.
    Right, I should have mentioned that part. :-)

I also forgot to mention that in Diamond and Pearl, and presumably in Platinum as well, there are several Pokemon which can only be caught in the wild while a specific GBA cartridge is attached as a dongle. So if you don't have that slot, the game is, in effect, partially disabled.
    04-15-09 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD