I remember when the Citizens United thing was going on. I think it was Ted Cruz who said it would violate the first amendment because limiting money equaled limiting speech (pretty sad that money equals speech).
    The problem with cases like Citizen United, their outcome is based on the composition of the court which is another strength/weakness of our democracy. I think most everyday American's don't agree that corporations are people or that amounts of money equals the volume of your speech...

Even though it's true that a broke man has the freedom to speak to his audience of one...
    02-26-16 10:45 PM
    Most of it is BS on both sides.

Posted from my Verizon Z10 10.3.2.858
    Which is why the DNC hates Bernie. He's an independent that had to run as a Democrat to even have a chance at winning.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    02-27-16 07:13 PM
    Sanders concedes South Carolina before the polls even close.
    02-27-16 07:31 PM
    Sanders concedes South Carolina before the polls even close.
    Not a surprise.
    02-27-16 10:41 PM
    "It goes down in the DM" LMAO kidding.

Check your private messages.

Posted via CB10
    Hi Piknmix, been traveling and having problems PMing you back, if you want to hit me up with the details then I'm in.

- Ciao
    02-29-16 08:44 PM
    The democratic and republican races are already an out of control gong show. Can't wait til the presidential race.
    It's going to be the largest trainwreck, plane crash, boat sinking, automobile accident, wildfire, flooding, earthquake and tsunami all rolled into one and in slow motion.
    One thing the good ol' US of A has better than any country is great entertainment.
    This is going to awesome.

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 09:47 PM
    Hi Piknmix, been traveling and having problems PMing you back, if you want to hit me up with the details then I'm in.

- Ciao
    I'll hit you up later. Check it yeah. Hope you had fun travelling!

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 12:10 PM
    The democratic and republican races are already an out of control gong show. Can't wait til the presidential race.
    It's going to be the largest trainwreck, plane crash, boat sinking, automobile accident, wildfire, flooding, earthquake and tsunami all rolled into one and in slow motion.
    One thing the good ol' US of A has better than any country is great entertainment.
    This is going to awesome.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know, I kinda see that as a false equivalency. The Democrats aren't the ones insulting each other's small hands, fake tans, or big ears. They're not talking about how much their competitor sweats, joking about whether or not s/he wet his pants, or using "small hands" or "choker" comments to make masturbation jokes. They're not routinely calling each other liar, con-man, fraud, joke, "little," etc. The republicans (especially Trump, Cruz, and Rubio) look like The Three Stooges, only they're not nearly as funny.

I agree, though. The general election is going to be nuts, probably regardless of whether or not Trump is even the republican nominee.

Posted via CB10
    grover5 and Soapm like this.
    03-01-16 04:19 PM
    I don't know, I kinda see that as a false equivalency. The Democrats aren't the ones insulting each other's small hands, fake tans, or big ears. They're not talking about how much their competitor sweats, joking about whether or not s/he wet his pants, or using "small hands" or "choker" comments to make masturbation jokes. They're not routinely calling each other liar, con-man, fraud, joke, "little," etc. The republicans (especially Trump, Cruz, and Rubio) look like The Three Stooges, only they're not nearly as funny.

I agree, though. The general election is going to be nuts, probably regardless of whether or not Trump is even the republican nominee.

Posted via CB10
    The Republicans have evolved as expected. They made it. They can lay in it.
    Soapm and Captain_Hilts like this.
    03-01-16 05:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    But you have to agree, it is entertaining... Sad that this is what our politics have come to, but entertaining just the same...

I also like this article where the removed the black folks from a Trump rally. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...d-trump-rally/ I guess a black face there is so out of place they assume they're up to no good???

And this is the great uniter who promises to unite our country! Do I smell Jim Crow type uniting in the works?
    Captain_Hilts likes this.
    03-01-16 05:31 PM
    The Republicans have evolved as expected. They made it. They can lay in it.
    Exactly. Some on the right say that Trump is an outlier, but he's explicitly saying what most others have only danced around for decades, going back to Reagan and his "welfare queens," for example (by which I'm pretty sure he didn't mean uber wealthy socialites and heiresses that his policies were meant to support with our tax money). Questioning President Obama's place of birth, calling Mexicans rapists and criminals, advocating only admitting christians into the U.S. - Trump is appealing to white nationalism and fear of the Other and of a minority-white country, and it's sickening that so many people (especially white people) actually buy into the idea that their miserable lives are the fault of some refugee child now living in the U.S. who lost both his or her parents to sectarian violence and terrorism in Syria.

Anyone who honestly believes that the republican party is the big tent party of fiscal conservatism clearly hasn't been paying attention.

Posted via CB10
    grover5 likes this.
    03-02-16 12:40 AM
    But you have to agree, it is entertaining... Sad that this is what our politics have come to, but entertaining just the same...

I also like this article where the removed the black folks from a Trump rally. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...d-trump-rally/ I guess a black face there is so out of place they assume they're up to no good???

And this is the great uniter who promises to unite our country! Do I smell Jim Crow type uniting in the works?
    Entertaining, indeed, and infuriating at the same time. I mean, you have jackasses like Rubio actually joking about the size of Trump's junk, and these fools want to lead the most powerful country on the face of the Earth. You could literally take these guys, slap them in a reality show on MTV, and call it "I'm with Stupid" and it would actually be a level above what we're seeing now.

Posted via CB10
    grover5 and Mr4aces like this.
    03-02-16 01:21 AM
    Who is your US presidential candidate?-fb_img_1456846198755.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Soapm likes this.
    03-02-16 08:53 AM
    How is it that Obama (with an American mom) had to produce a US birth certificate and born in Canada Rafael Cruz thinks he's exempt. He has a Cubano father (who fought for Castro) and was born a Canadian. A nation that doesn't recognize dual citizenship. Cruz only recently gave up his Canadian citizenship. Was he a natural born Cuban, Canadian and American? Would that be natural? He could just as easily claim Cuban citizenship.

How about Winston Churchill who had an American mother. Was he an American citizen as well?

How about one of our founding fathers Alexander Hamilton? He's on the ten dollar bill but he wasn't allowed to run for President because he wasn't born in one of the colonies.

We need to stick to the constitution.

Cruz is just another immigrant trying to take jobs from Americans.
    Last edited by flintlock; 03-02-16 at 03:17 PM.
    misterabrasive, Mr4aces and tmf06 like this.
    03-02-16 01:26 PM
    Entertaining, indeed, and infuriating at the same time. I mean, you have jackasses like Rubio actually joking about the size of Trump's junk, and these fools want to lead the most powerful country on the face of the Earth. You could literally take these guys, slap them in a reality show on MTV, and call it "I'm with Stupid" and it would actually be a level above what we're seeing now.

Posted via CB10
    What about Trump, with his spray on tan mentioning how much makeup Rubio was putting on... I agree, this would make a great MTV show.
    03-02-16 04:43 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1456846198755.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	392999

Posted via CB10
    You reminded me, I have a conservative friend who told me today, "Hilary lied..." And he was passionate about it???

I thought, "this just in, a politician lied... That makes her the first????" If we locked up all the lying politicians, we'd have no one to vote for.
    flintlock likes this.
    03-02-16 04:47 PM
    Carson is out, but you'd think he'd leave after New Hampshire...
    03-02-16 04:58 PM
    Old-timey Republicans are scared of the Trump machine because they can't control him. But they are in denial about how popular Trump is with the voters. The polls indicate it. Trump supporters call them "cuckservatives."

It is possible that die-hard Republicans will deny Trump the nomination this summer. Might lead to a huge civil war in the party.

This happened with the Democrats in 1968. The Dems were the pro-slavery, pro-redneck party for generations. The Kennedys, who were east coast Catholics, totally changed things by bringing in Civil Rights laws.

It alienated all the rednecks who used to vote Democrat - they all went Republican in 1968, and gave Nixon 2 straight wins.

Lyndon Johnson didn't even show up to the '68 Convention that summer because of the assasination fears.

Imagine if Trump gets dumped. It might actually destroy the party at this point.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Soapm likes this.
    03-02-16 05:50 PM
    Where's Underwood when you need him.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 05:56 PM
    Old-timey Republicans are scared of the Trump machine because they can't control him. But they are in denial about how popular Trump is with the voters. The polls indicate it. Trump supporters call them "cuckservatives."

It is possible that die-hard Republicans will deny Trump the nomination this summer. Might lead to a huge civil war in the party.

This happened with the Democrats in 1968. The Dems were the pro-slavery, pro-redneck party for generations. The Kennedys, who were east coast Catholics, totally changed things by bringing in Civil Rights laws.

It alienated all the rednecks who used to vote Democrat - they all went Republican in 1968, and gave Nixon 2 straight wins.

Lyndon Johnson didn't even show up to the '68 Convention that summer because of the assasination fears.

Imagine if Trump gets dumped. It might actually destroy the party at this point.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Yup, the adamant defenders of the constitution and religious conscience of the nation are trying to silence the voice of the people by canceling out their vote. The next set of laws they pass will be so Congress is the only ones who can vote. Or you'll need an ID only obtainable from the speaker of the house...
    03-02-16 10:53 PM
    Where's Underwood when you need him.

Posted via CB10
    I'm never too far away. I've been attending a few of the primaries getting ready for November.

#FU2016

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    03-02-16 11:10 PM
    It does appear at this point that it is going to be Trump v. Clinton.

If the Republican party pulls any of the shenanigans their DC leadership has been discussing to deny trump the nomination or run an establshment candidate, it would appear that Clinton will win.
    03-03-16 02:28 PM
    It does appear at this point that it is going to be Trump v. Clinton.

If the Republican party pulls any of the shenanigans their DC leadership has been discussing to deny trump the nomination or run an establshment candidate, it would appear that Clinton will win.
    In my opinion, if the GOP does deny Trump the nomination, Clinton will win. If Trump runs as the GOP candidate, Clinton wins. Trump has alienated way too many of the moderate voters he needed to win the election. He has also stirred up a whole new group of left wing voters that will now come out to vote just to make sure he doesn't get in.
    03-03-16 02:56 PM
    In a Trump Clinton contest I would say Trump is the lesser of two weevils. (Credit "Master and Commander")

Hey techies, on the "issue" of the emails had anyone ever mentioned whether they were encrypted? If not, why not? There is no email security without encryption regardless the server they get stored on.
    03-03-16 03:59 PM
    In my opinion, if the GOP does deny Trump the nomination, Clinton will win. If Trump runs as the GOP candidate, Clinton wins. Trump has alienated way too many of the moderate voters he needed to win the election. He has also stirred up a whole new group of left wing voters that will now come out to vote just to make sure he doesn't get in.
    Interesting. I was wondering if Trump is running in order to ensure that Hillary wins????? He knocked out Bush early, who was thought to be a shoe-in, now he's gonna knock out the rest of the "real" Republican candidates....
    Goldboot02 likes this.
    03-03-16 04:38 PM
567 ... 1920212223